Lies.

As Hetalia fan you might be very interested in the worlds history. Share your knowledge and entertain the others with your story and view on it.
Weronikus
Pro-Facepalmer
Pro-Facepalmer

Lies.

Post by Weronikus » 07-09-2012 18:26

I really don't like it when people lie.
Everyone thinks of Poland as the rising pheonix, the one who never gave up... lies.
I really feel the need to straighten out the whole situation. If anybody will want to read this, I'm happy. If not, I don't mind. I just have to let it out.
So, Poland was showed as the country who never gave up, who kept fighting back for freedom. Truth is, only the poorer people thought so.
The whole aristocratic families didn't care where they lived or to which country their lands belong to. They only cared about money. They have it, it's fine. They don't, only then will they start a war. That's why Russia and Germany, knowing this, kept them happy. The happier the aristocrats, the bigger the possibilty Poland won't fight back.
This situation has actually been active in Poland for the last two hundred years, at least. When the king elections were made, the aristocrats slowly but surely took over the entire election. They bribed other, poorer people from the nobility to vote for the person they voted for, because the man promised to leave them alone and put no bindings on them etc.
The people who took part in the elections understood this and knew that all they had to do was promise the aristocrats that they won't touch them.
Since the aristocrats didn't care about anything else, they didn't mind some of the elected being awful kings. Hey, they even liked it more, for if the kings were smart they might have to give tax money.
Due to this, Poland became weaker and weaker. No one cared for it, except the poorer people, who knew what was going on and tried, unsuccessfully, to turn the tables around.
And then the world wars striked. Is it a surprise that Poland was utterly destroyed? No. Since the only people who had power over the country, the aristocrats, didn't care about it, then of course the country won't be strong.
And here it comes now. Such people like Kosciuszko, Dabrowski, Pilsudzki... they came from the poorer families, which told the to-be-Polish-heros stories about times when Poland was free. Growing up with such storied made the young men want to have Poland have it's freedom back - so they started fighting. Since they had a lot of charisma, a lot of people saw their way of thought, and wanted to fight for freedom. I could say all the magnificent things those leaders did, but I don't want to bore you to death.
So they fought. They firstly made the biggest and most secret chain of anti-communist propaganda the country and Europe have ever seen - the Underground Poland. It was there where the reality outside was actually shown. More people started reading their papers, understood what they want to do, and soon a lot of Poles started coming to join the Underground Poland's army.
Oh, but it all looks so wonderful and colorful, doesn't it? Here come the aristocrats again. They, wanting to keep their money and position, started giving away Poles they knew who worked in the Underground Poland. A lot of such people were never to be seen again.
When Pilsudzki and the rest started actually fighting battles, and then, if won, went through the Warsaw streets full of pride for what they did, people actually closed their doors and windows at them. They didn't want freedom. Let Russia or Germany rule - they only wanted peace and quiet.
Althought, there was also the other side of the situation. A lot of other people also wanted to be part of the saving of Poland, especially, once again, the young adults who grew up with stories of the free Poland.
And then, all in all, Poland fought it's way into the world map again.
The best thing is, that now all those peopl who firslty didn't want anything to do with the Underground Poland, now say they had always beleived in them from the start.
It really angers me when they do that, but I can't do anything about it.

I hope I didn't bore you too much and that you actually read to the end of this. I just wanted to straighten things out.
“If my life is going to mean anything, I have to live it myself.” - Rick Riordan, "The Lightning Thief"
-----
Main character: Poland
Other character: Australia

Nogitsune
Pasta eating beginner
Pasta eating beginner

Post by Nogitsune » 10-04-2015 01:26

This was amazing, dear Weronikus! The title of this was interesting, the whole text something I had never heard off... This was really interesting. Its good to learn things each passing day. What a coincidence that its you here again, ha?

Amazing, really. Both text and coincidences.

If you're still up for sharing knowledge and you se em really informed about it, would you mind sharing anything you have on the Baltics? Latvia, at least.

I think I'll make it a post on itself but I feel like asking you. You're my only friend after all!

I thank you beforehand for any replies.
Nogi•のぎつね
Meiji -Edo
Cyberpunk
Angst/Gore/Suicide/Disorder/Self-harm/Alcoholic/Depression/Drug-Use
Dramatic Japan and Disturbed Latvia. Yep. Open to everything else as well.

Weronikus
Pro-Facepalmer
Pro-Facepalmer

Post by Weronikus » 10-04-2015 21:19

Hey! Thanks for reading through it! I'm happy someone enjoyed it :)

Actually, I don't know anything about the Baltic states, sorry. I only know about Poland, being Polish. I can tell you a bit more about the wars. Ooooh, or about the Polish-Hungarian friendship! A reason why I love the pairing so much, really, haha. Too bad it wasn't mentioned in Hetalia. It's really beautiful in my opinion.

Or I can tell you of Albania, and it's insane war preparations - for some reason it was certain it will be on the first line of attack, and created hundred of bunkers all over the country. Actually, they reached the point of insanity where even Russia and China didn't want to meddle with things xD
“If my life is going to mean anything, I have to live it myself.” - Rick Riordan, "The Lightning Thief"
-----

Nogitsune
Pasta eating beginner
Pasta eating beginner

Post by Nogitsune » 13-04-2015 03:29

Hey hey hey! It was great!

Please do share. As being part of the new world, plus the negected, third world country, I do not know enough of Europe as much as I'd like. The interesting bits even less.

I'd love to hear all about those if you do not mind telling. I do not know enough of Poland and Hungary to ship them... Just what have been offered to me so far.

See?! Your chance to convert me into your ship, hahahahaha!
Nogi•のぎつね
Meiji -Edo
Cyberpunk

Weronikus
Pro-Facepalmer
Pro-Facepalmer

Post by Weronikus » 08-05-2015 16:51

Hey, I'm sorry for not replying. I was preparing for exams... And I've still got one ahead of me. Sheesh. I hate exam time.
Anyways, I hope you'll still be up to chatting with me! Oh, and history time!

So, this is a fanfic of mine about Hungary and Poland - basically, the most important events in history between the two of them. Of course, the ending is my own addition, haha. But all the events actually did occur, only, of course, with countries, not with personified countries :)

Now, about Albania... This was something our history teacher told us as more of a fun fact than anything, but it is funny.
So, for some reason, during Russia's cold war, Albania went into a war frenzy. It was certain that something (*cough*America*cough*) will want to come and invade or something, and so, they started making bunkers. Oh, not just a few. Hundreds. Thousands. And Everywhere you go in Albania, actually, you'll find at least oen bunker, that's how crazy they were. And nobody knows why they went into this frenzy - maybe they thought they weren't being taken seriously? I have no idea.
Anyway, at the beginning, since Albania was communist, Russia allowed this strange behaviour, and even gave them some money after they went almost bankrupt because of all the bunker-building. But after it went on and on and on, it started becoming too crazy even for Russia, so they stopped sending them money. And so, Albania turned to China, which at the time was even crazier than Russia, and after some diplomatic meetings, started getting money from them. But then, even China thought they were crazy and also stopped sending money.
And so, penniless, Albania was forced to stop the bunker-building. But by the time they built so many of them that they are now still the best fortified nation in Europe. :D
-----

Nogitsune
Pasta eating beginner
Pasta eating beginner

Post by Nogitsune » 10-05-2015 02:26

Its okay,I suppose you're busy, aren't we all? In any way, I'm just glad you showed up at the end.
..I am up for historical RPs, those might prove to be a true challenge with you, since you seem to know a lot and I'm kinda... All I know and must learn I have to google and find reports since I don't exactly have references; classes or money to buy good historical books.

And dude... This is an awesome story... The things history teaches us... Fascinating, really.
Nogi•のぎつね
Meiji -Edo
Cyberpunk

Weronikus
Pro-Facepalmer
Pro-Facepalmer

Post by Weronikus » 10-05-2015 16:26

Once again, I apologize. I should've spoke up sooner.
Actually, even if you had such an impression, that's not the case. Sure, I know a bit about Poland, but that's mainly because we had to learn it at school, and I know the fun facts just because... well, that side of history interests me. I'm awful with dates, though. For example, I could tell you in chronological order the kings that ruled Poland, but for the life of me I wouldn't be able to tell you from what years they ruled.
All I learn about history I get fom the net, too, or from my history books as well, so don't fret :) We could do a history RP about something we both don't know but would like to know, so we'd be on the same level, how about that?

Thank you! It means a lot :D
-----