funny facts

As Hetalia fan you might be very interested in the worlds history. Share your knowledge and entertain the others with your story and view on it.
talkenia
Captain
Captain

funny facts

Post by talkenia » 19-06-2011 21:39

Yes, history is fun~
but what are the funny facts of history~

as yuria-chan pointed out to me,..
the bucket wars are pretty funny~
yes.. cookies are free for everyone now..
(i think they're overdue anyway..)

Main Roleplay character: Italy
minor: chibitalia~

yuria-chan
The New Admin
The New Admin

Post by yuria-chan » 30-06-2011 17:43

Yaaay this topic is fuuun~!
I know another idiotic war XD Between England and America called the pig war~!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pig_War

It's two super powers fighting over a dead pig XD
Rp chara's:
England, Lithuania, N.Italy, Canada, Prussia, Germany, Spain, France, S.Italy, Ukraine, Russia, Belarus, Greece, Japan, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, Latvia, Sealand, Austria, Switzerland...
What? you asked me to put them in my signature... I can't help I play close to everyone XD
OC: Frysia, Carthago, Etruria

VanDerZanden
Flying higher! Like a bird!
Flying higher! Like a bird!

Post by VanDerZanden » 14-08-2011 20:05

The Pig War! Yaaay!

Something I've always found amusing is French conduct during their invasion of Mexico in the 1860s. They had England and Spain on their side, and originally went to collect on debts the new government had defaulted on. Exceeeept... France was actually trying to overthrow the president and install an Emperor. To help establish new French control in the area and possibly help the Confederacy in the US Civil War. When England and Spain discovered this, they left.

And during the first battle of Puebla, the French commander insisted on coming from the south - the exact direction the Mexicans were entrenched to defend. Even the diplomats told him to flank it, but nooo, he knew better. Then as they advanced, the French army took a two-hour break for pastries.
Main RP Characters: Slovakia (F), North Korea (M/F), Mexico (M/F), Bavaria (M/F)