Historical Figures

As Hetalia fan you might be very interested in the worlds history. Share your knowledge and entertain the others with your story and view on it.
Silvermoonwings
Major
Major

Historical Figures

Post by Silvermoonwings » 06-05-2012 21:26

So I've been studying really hard for a huge college test I'm taking soon (Yup. I'm 16 and taking University classes! 8D) and I just keep coming across Historical Figures among the readings.
----
So this topic is for You to tell Us which people in History have influenced you/ you look up to.
----
This really shouldn't surprise the people who know my OC, but Muhammad Ghandi is a huuuuuuuge influence in my life. I really admire what he did, and how he did it without violence. Gods praise him forever! ^-^
-
Another historical figure that I really look up to is Mother Teresa. I'm glad that, at least for 2 years of my life, I was alive while she was. She definitely deserved the Nobel Peace Prize she recieved.
--
Now what about you all? ^w^
~I~ Just wasted~~ 10 seconds of your life~~
And then I took an arrow to the knee... :I
-------------------------
Main RP: India(Girl), Nepal(Boy), Indus Valley(Girl)(India's Mom)

Minor RP: Belgium, Switzerland, Fem!Russia, Chibi!Romano, Sweden(Fem and norm), Denmark, Finland, 2p!England
Other: Ask me, and I'll say whether I can rp as them or not.

BeyondReaper
Major
Major

Post by BeyondReaper » 06-05-2012 21:44

Daniel Ellsburg - The person who leaked the Pentagon Papers to the press during the Vietnam war.

He influenced my life as in it gave me hope that I can acheive anything I want and that one person has far more power than you would think.
Main RP character: England
Minor characters: France, Lithuania, Italy, Canada, Russia, America
OC's: Costa Rica, Zealand

~Planet Earth I need a friend
'Cause I'm on the outside looking in
I'm an Alien~

dernhelm
Major
Major

Post by dernhelm » 06-05-2012 21:53

Jehanne.
when i was 24 I cut my long hair and shaved my hair up to match her crewcut. I had to shave it almost every day to keep it neat, and dye once a month. But I totally adore that haircut and if i werent working in a shop i'd cut it again without regrets. It's long again now
I love her so much.
Some people still call me jehanne because of it. When it got tough I always thought about her.

this are the best pics I could find.

I've been to Rouen because I just needed to see where her story ended. There i met some woman who was making a documentary on Jehanne and she asked me to play her, and I did. Which was awesome. Shamefully we lost contact so I never saw the finished version.
Main: quess that's Romano, for now.
OC: Sicilia, quite a bastard (love him)
Likes: north italy, spain, america, netherlands... scared to get a list as long as yuria's (halp?!)

Silvermoonwings
Major
Major

Post by Silvermoonwings » 06-05-2012 21:59

Ahhhhhhh, Daniel.... Smart man. I understand why you look up to him.

I'm going to assume Jehanne is Joan of Arc, right? If not, who is she? *curious* *so much understanding here* (!! XD)

Minor RP: Belgium, Switzerland, Fem!Russia, Chibi!Romano, Sweden(Fem and norm), Denmark, Finland, 2p!England

dernhelm
Major
Major

Post by dernhelm » 06-05-2012 22:36

yeah,... joan of arc.
But she would have called herself Jehanne la Pucelle.

Main: quess that's Romano, for now.
OC: Sicilia, quite a bastard (love him)
Likes: north italy, spain, america, netherlands... scared to get a list as long as yuria's (halp?!)

Silvermoonwings
Major
Major

Post by Silvermoonwings » 06-05-2012 22:40

Yeah I figured, but I was just verifying~

yuria-chan
The New Admin
The New Admin

Post by yuria-chan » 06-05-2012 23:07

Oh... as in 'inspirations' I need to think a while...
but somehow I do have a lot of 'look alikes'

It's really odd, I walk trough a museum and suddenly it's like looking in a mirror...

Example: Julia Soaemias, Capitol museum in Rome...

Weird thing is, I also have weird dreams about the past. I dream things, then I do research and it turns out they actually happened. And facts, people and artefacts are completelly correct.
Rp chara's:
England, Lithuania, N.Italy, Canada, Prussia, Germany, Spain, France, S.Italy, Ukraine, Russia, Belarus, Greece, Japan, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, Latvia, Sealand, Austria, Switzerland...
What? you asked me to put them in my signature... I can't help I play close to everyone XD
OC: Frysia, Carthago, Etruria

Silvermoonwings
Major
Major

Post by Silvermoonwings » 06-05-2012 23:40

Well since I believe in Reincarnation, I'm thinking "past life, past life, past life"
Personally I think I'm a "new soul" because I've never experienced something like that and I think a lot of things that have never been voiced anywhere that I've heard... *shrugflail* I dunno but that cool Yuria... Slightly off-topic but neat none-the-less

NightlyCapa
Pasta eating beginner
Pasta eating beginner

Stalin

Post by NightlyCapa » 13-05-2012 00:03

Being your incredible imagrant, I have always been affected by stalin. Not saying I look up to him, but he's always been somewhere in my mind. He commanded the red army which much of my famiily served in, and being jewish he saved much of my family during WWII. He's the face I alwas think of in WWII.

((He's also got a bettet mustache than Hitler.))
Вы ночью.
кто ты?
____
Main character: Russia
Minor: The Ukraine, Israel, Poland, Estonia, Germany.

Silvermoonwings
Major
Major

Post by Silvermoonwings » 13-05-2012 01:31

Being one of the rather rare open minded Americans out there, I understand your reasoning for looking up to him.
However, being the person I am, I don't quite like him so much. I just can't get over the mass killings part... But I do understand where you come from ^-^