founding of Naples

Add here your Hetalia fan art. This means drawings, comics, crafts, animations ect.
dernhelm
Major
Major

founding of Naples

Post by dernhelm » 28-12-2013 19:19

work in progress… I might start all over again
trying different angles, don’t know yet

Parthenope was a mythological creature who along with other Sirens lured sailors with their enchanting music and voices to shipwreck on the rocky coast of their island.
Odysseus was curious as to what the Sirens sang, and so he had all of his sailors plug their ears with beeswax and tie him to the mast. He ordered his men to leave him tied tightly to the mast, no matter how much he would beg.
The Sirens were fated to die if someone heard their singing and escaped them, and that after Odysseus passed by they turned to stone except for Parthenope who flung herselve into the water and drowned.

When she washed ashore Naples was founded.

I really like this story so much! Because the story of Romulus & Remus is mentioned in Hetalia I thought maybe all the countries might be offspring off mythological creatures.
I thought it fitting for Romano’s mythological mother to be Parthenope for various reasons. Firstly because, to me, Romano starts as being the Kingdom of Naples and the two Sicilies, not South Italy.
Secondly because of the drama. I mean… can you imagen him washing ashore with his death mother… taking his first steps all alone. sleeping under her wet wing until Grandpa Rome takes him away to feed & name him. Isn’t that sad and beautifull?
To me this would explain a hell lot. Most importantly, the reason why he is named Romano and not else.
But hey, my headcanon, just a thought.
[/img]
Main: quess that's Romano, for now.
OC: Sicilia, quite a bastard (love him)
Likes: north italy, spain, america, netherlands... scared to get a list as long as yuria's (halp?!)