Etto... Hola...

To the new people! Introduce yourself here.
AnonmousPegasus
Pasta eating beginner
Pasta eating beginner

Post by AnonmousPegasus » 17-05-2013 19:15

well, that Battle was against Spain, on the independence wars, we get the day off and there is a nice parade on most of the cities, by the army and the police... and July 20 is because in July 20 of 1810 there was the first declaration of independence...
is ok, I'm curious about Poland's history too, just give me a sec to get some concrete question xD
Main Roleplay character: Republica de Colombia

Weronikus
Pro-Facepalmer
Pro-Facepalmer

Post by Weronikus » 17-05-2013 19:25

Both the army and police have a parade? Wow.... Most of us here stick flags outside and be done with it. Yupee. It's our independence day. -.- Only in Warsaw, I think, there's an annual parade or sth...

Aaah, kay, I see! :D But... the "first"? How many were there? How many times Spain tried to take over?

Sure, take your time~ I'm in no hurry (well, not yet, anyway xD We're going for the "night at the museum" soon...)
“If my life is going to mean anything, I have to live it myself.” - Rick Riordan, "The Lightning Thief"
-----
Main character: Poland
Other character: Australia

AnonmousPegasus
Pasta eating beginner
Pasta eating beginner

Post by AnonmousPegasus » 17-05-2013 19:50

well, after that, there was the Patria Boba, the United Provinces went into a Civil War, and the Spaniards sent Pablo Morillo to retake the zone, then, Santander got an Army in the Llanos Orientales, and Simon Bolivar gathered another in Venezuela, the armies met and kicked the Spaniards out, this time for real... mmmm... what about the Duchy of Warsaw? the one made by Napoleon?

Zakulf
Inactive Admin
Inactive Admin

Re: Etto... Hola...

Post by Zakulf » 18-05-2013 15:59

Dear AnonmousPegasus
Welcome to the Forum!

I wish you a good time on this forum!
As your great admin I shall support you in any form of trouble!
Viel Glück!

You can place any form of question over here
Questions

Else feel free to contact me with a PM or e-mail about any support! Don't be afraid~
Yeah, unlike the others I actually DO bite.
Let's have war
"Don't be fooled by your own ideal"

Dia-Owl
Pasta eater in training!
Pasta eater in training!

Post by Dia-Owl » 20-05-2013 15:09

Hello and welcome, AnonmousPegasus !

I am the second admin of the forum. I wish you a wonderful time here!
If you have any questions and concerns, feel free to go to the link provided by the HeadAdmin, Zakulf, or question one of us in private via Private Messages.

Have a great time!
Main Character: Ireland
Secondary Character(s): Belgium, Hungary

Weronikus
Pro-Facepalmer
Pro-Facepalmer

Post by Weronikus » 26-05-2013 10:35

Hey!
Seems I totally forgot to reply -.- Sorry 'bout that.

That was a lot! O.O You really had a hard time with the Spanish... I must say, your nation really had it hard with them. Like Poland had it hard with USSR and the third Reich, but that's another matter.

The Duchy of Warsaw? What about it? Well... Ol' Napoleon tried to be smart by giving us our nation back so we'll continue fighting with him. In a way he was right - it did give us some hope that we'll get our whole nation back.
It was made in 1807 and was called the Duchy of Warsaw, since Napoleon didn't want to call it the Kingdom of Poland, so the name wouldn't connect with Poland's tradition and cause us to be too patriotic and get out of hand. That's why he also made sure that the Duchy was tied by a personal union with Saxony.

The thing was that we didn't have enough cash to smoothly run a nation. Due to the wheat export restrictions we didn't earn as much as we'd like have, so the price for running the administration kept going up, plus the wars we took part in didn't really help.

And then, in 1815 the Duchy stopped existing by the decision of the Congress of Vienna. Though in it's place, cdonsisting of a part of the lands, came the long awaited Kingdom of Poland... That won't last long anyway.
“If my life is going to mean anything, I have to live it myself.” - Rick Riordan, "The Lightning Thief"
-----

AnonmousPegasus
Pasta eating beginner
Pasta eating beginner

Post by AnonmousPegasus » 26-05-2013 14:36

Yup, it seems that we did... Are you speaking about the ''congress poland''? And is ok, I also forget sometimes to reply

Weronikus
Pro-Facepalmer
Pro-Facepalmer

Post by Weronikus » 26-05-2013 17:10

Oh! Well look at that, I had to look it up to understand what you meant. Yeah, it's the same thing. But I've never heard that being used in History before... Well, it sems you learn everyday! :D

When did Colombia really become a free nation? Like, after the battle in Venezuela? What date was it?
And what with the tradition and culture? How much does it differ from the Spanish culture?
-----

AnonmousPegasus
Pasta eating beginner
Pasta eating beginner

Post by AnonmousPegasus » 26-05-2013 17:22

Well, as independent, we secured our independence in Carabobo, now Venezuela in 1821, the then ''Republic of Colombia'' comprised New Granada (modern colombia) Venezuela, Panama and Ecuador, in 1830 Bolivar died, and his successors as presidents were unable to secure the unity of the nation, in 1832 it was official, the republics of New Granada, Ecuador and Venezuela were born, around 1860 we adopted the name Colombia again, and in 1903 the gringos (USA) took Panama away from us...
and well, we have a lot of native american, and african influences... it depends mostly of the region... here in bogota, is pretty much the same as any big city on the western world...