Nice to meet you?

To the new people! Introduce yourself here.
Clinical Death
Pasta eating beginner
Pasta eating beginner

Post by Clinical Death » 07-06-2013 01:27

Jezu CHryste kochany, a ja myślałam, że ten dzień nigdy nie najdzie... xD
Nie mów, że nie ma tu więcej Polaków...?

Also, nice to meet another Pole! Maybe, later, some rp in our national language~?
It's sad indeed, but sometimes, you can excuse them.
Well... French, indeed, is hard language, poor you :<
In polish we have some letters that are completely different, but we read them in the same way, like "u" and "ó" or "rz" and "ż". They don't change meaning of word, but misuse of them is a big mistake. For examgle, "mów", which meaning "tell" - you can't write "muw", because it's incorrect, but "ó" doesn't change anything. Probably in the past it change accent, as I read somewhere, but now polish is simplified.
Also, ą and om - they sound similar, but if you write with "ą" it's singular (and other form) and with "om" - plural. It's very similar to latain i think. You have to know the meaning of whole sentence to get right meaning of every single word.
crack-pairings always make a smile blossom on my lips ~
Good cracks are never bad~
I've never really thought about Norway that way....
I'm glad that I've borrow you a new point of view! And I don't force you to play as Norwar as well. I'm just happy that you saw him in new light~
About history: it's very good for Hetalia to fit into history and reality borders. But to be honest... Hidekaz already had destroy it. Really? Poland didn't do anything about preparing to war that just brushing his pony? Khhy! I know that I am a layman if it comes to history, but that's just terrible fallacy. And I know that I sound like I have a butthurt, but please... History of Poland is bloody and full of wars, I can understant that he acts like a child now (reaction for plenty of disasters and soul pain - he could be serious if he has to) but I just can't sit idly when someone claims that our grandparents did nothing. I'm pretty sure Hidekaz made moar mistakes in Hetalia series and it's hurt when he don't properly use potential of whole manga. Sometimes fans do better job than author...
Probably you have read plenty of talking like mine, but... Yes, plenty of Poles have problem with acceptance Feliks.
About the characteristic, you can post it here, as well as your OCs, etc.
Thank you! I'll do it soon~
I love waffles, and cookies ! But I like raw meat, too !
Whoa! You're like, totally, 2nd or 3rd person who likes raw meat either! Mostly, others think that I am a weirdo~ Cookies with sugar at 2 am <3

[Here I had some problems and part of my post dissapeared, so... Will add later. Gonna take nap...] Here's 1:30 am
Don't be scared of English !
I'm not ^^" It's just sometimes very... Tiring, to write in different language. I don't have problems with thinking in eglinsh actually, but still it's hard to do it for a long period and in contact with foreigners. I can't just randomly use polish word instead of english, when I don't know how to translate it. Also, writing is harder - I can't wave my hands and show what I mean by body language. And I randomly forgot some words...
It's nice to hear/read that now you improve your abilities~ Be my role-model~
I guess you already did !
You won the bucket full of internet! On the spot or with wings?
What kind of waffles ? Waffles from Brussels ? Waffles from Liège ? Home-made waffles ? With what on/in it ?
. . . All of them! But, to be serios, what's different between them? And... Make sure that there's no chocolate anywhere, please~

Sub-questions are too strong for me... *Dying in background*
Do you like music ? If yes, what kind ?
Well, I think there's no person who doesn't like music (moar double-negation?).
What kind... Usually metal, steampunk or dark cabaret, I think. But not only. It's have to be fast and rhythmic. But not always. Sometimes I like something for lyric. Uhm... Maybe I'll just upload some of my fav?
Abney Park - Airship Pirate
The Melting Clock - God is a Watch
The Cog is Dead - The Copper War
Battleheart (actually Alestorm) - Journey Man and Keelhaulet, The Sunk'n'Norwegian...
Dirty Orchestra - Black Violin
Dalriada - Hajdútánc
Michał Jelonek - Romantic Revenge
Nuttin But String - Thunder
Rhapsody - Dawn of Victory
Voltaire - Happy Birthday (my olde friend)
Jacek Kaczmarski - Przyśpiewka bylejaka o europejskości Polaka ("Slapdash song about Pole's Europeanism"?) and "Lekcja historii klasycznej" (Lesson about acient history?) and more... Awesome, polish bard.
Uhm... Spam ^^"
Sub-question : Do you play any instruments ?
Sadly, no. I really want to play violin, but... I think these hands prefer to hold scalpel, not fiddlestic.
Why don't you like sleeping ?
I usually have nightmares. Even if not, at morning I often feel worse than before sleeping. Some thinks that I have a kind of insomnia, others that I have obsession about sleeping - for example, I don't say "sleep well" when I'm ending conversation with someone, but "have a good night", which pretty often means "I hope you won't get cold when staying up late"
You have that much of Deadlines ? How many ?
Don't want to know how many exactly...

Main Roleplay Characters: Norway (all versions), Poland (I think all versions too), Molossia
Minor Roleplay Characters: Russia (also fem), Iceland, Sweden
Well... Just ask what you want and I'll try to do my best.

Weronikus
Pro-Facepalmer
Pro-Facepalmer

Post by Weronikus » 07-06-2013 06:19

Nie, nie ma. Byłeś(aś?) pierwszy(a?) po mnie :P

Yeah, I'd so totally love that! :D Though it's gonna be strange... I've never rp'ed in Polish before, and the thought of writing for example "Polska powiedział" instead of "Polska powiedziała" will be... strange. As if making a female talk like a male. xD
“If my life is going to mean anything, I have to live it myself.” - Rick Riordan, "The Lightning Thief"
-----
Main character: Poland
Other character: Australia

Lokitama
Psycho Writah
Psycho Writah

Post by Lokitama » 07-06-2013 14:28

Well... French, indeed, is hard language, poor you :<
Don't pity me ~ It's my native language, so it's way easier to understand. It's not like I had to learn it after another one.

Wao... Polish seems so... hard x_x But I guess it's the same as me... ? ( Easy because it's your mothertongue ? )
Oh... Latin... So much memories... I always wanted to make a filthy comeback at my teachers each times they scolded me because I got the wrong answer. ( "Errare humanum est, Magister" [ Error is human, teacher ] )
Never did.
Can you put Polish words in a messy way in your sentences ? I mean, like in Latin ? Because in French, if you do that, you won't understand anything anymore.
I'm not ^^" It's just sometimes very... Tiring, to write in different language
The only thing that became annoying with English for me was the fact that I couldn't write anymore. My French was messed up, and I had a lot of English words popping in my head when I tried to write. And my English wasn't good enough to tell that I was bilingual. But with the help of one of my friends, I managed to learn French once again !

I also had - and still have - some problems with switching languages. Sometimes I only notice that I wrote something in French after two paragraphs.
You won the bucket full of internet! On the spot or with wings?
:searchingitaly: B-Both ?
. . . All of them! But, to be serios, what's different between them? And... Make sure that there's no chocolate anywhere, please~
Well, it's not the same pastry, Brussels' waffles' pastry is lighter. Thus, you can put things onto the waffles without feeling bloated after eating it ! On Brussels' Waffles, you usually put ice-cream of your choice, with a sauce of your choice - chocolate, maple syrup, etc.
Liège's Waffles are another matter : they're made with "heavy" pastry. If you eat one or two, you'll feel full. Usually, there is lumps of sugar in it, and sometimes, if you want to, one of the side is covered with chocolate. They're smaller than Brussels' Waffles, tough.
Home-made Waffles are the ones' my mother makes ! They are semi-light and semi-heavy. So you can put thing on it, and be full after.
Sub-questions are too strong for me... *Dying in background*
S-Sorry ? :searchingitaly:

( Double negation is life, too. Confuses your enemy and put the coup de grâce after ! )
"Slapdash song about Pole's Europeanism"?) and "Lekcja historii klasycznej" (Lesson about acient history?)
Don't question me about the translation, I don't speak Polish :3 I'd like to learn someday, tough.
Sadly, no. I really want to play violin, but... I think these hands prefer to hold scalpel, not fiddlestic.
Well, it can hold both ? I didn't like violin when I was little. I had to do an audition on piano, and violins were playing just before me.

... Let's say that it wasn't music to my ears. From that day on, I avoid beginner violinists like plague.
I usually have nightmares. Even if not, at morning I often feel worse than before sleeping.
I know that feeling :/ I just have too much energy when sleeping time arrives. My body didn't keep up, so I'm on a sort of sleeping cure.

In French, we usually say "Bonne nuit", or "Dors bien" ( "Good night" or "Sleep well" ) but our "Good night" means "Either Sleep well" or "don't have nightmares"( or "May your sleep be calm and restful" )
Main Roleplay character : Italy Veneziano ( all ways ), Italy Romano ( all ways ), both of them at the same time ( my way ) ~

Minor : Willing to try anyone ~ !

More information about me and my roleplay

Clinical Death
Pasta eating beginner
Pasta eating beginner

Post by Clinical Death » 17-06-2013 23:39

Oh, my... Busy period is busy...
Nie, nie ma. Byłeś(aś?) pierwszy(a?) po mnie :P
Mogę być nim, mogę być nią :'D W Internecie mam bardzo zmienną płeć i w zasadzie, nigdy nie wiadomo jak się przedstawię. Albo raczej, zależnie czy gram kobietą, czy mężczyzną, z rozpędu używam końcówek dla tej postaci i nikt nie wie jak jest naprawdę.
As if making a female talk like a male. xD
You know, usually I met "Polak powiedział", so, they just don't talk about him like country, but like person from Poland ;)
( Easy because it's your mothertongue ? )
Hell no! Still have plenty of problems. Like, you should write "na prawdę" or "naprawdę"? It means "really".
Never did.
Why?
Can you put Polish words in a messy way in your sentences ? I mean, like in Latin ?
I've been always teached that, for example, in ACI words should be in right places. And in normal sentence too, like, verb should be last.
But in polish you can usually do what you want as long, as words are in correct forms. Sometimes, in poem sentences sound better when have words in mess.
So, how you write poems when you can't play with words? I mean, rhymes and rhythmicity?
But with the help of one of my friends, I managed to learn French once again !
Whoa... Well, sometimes I have something like that. I mean, I remember word in english, but completely have no idea how translate it to polish. Or I know word in polish, I know when use it... But have no idea what it means :'D But I'm instinctively know where put this word. Same in english. I havep lenty problems with translate text, because I know what it is about, but dunno how tell this in polish.
B-Both ?
Here *Gives bucket of the Internet*

*Looking at the descriptions of waffels* I'll choose Brussels' waffles! They sound great. Others too, but I like when you can eat more and longer taste the awesomess of good meal. Probably wrong sentence, I think...
Oh, wait, I shouldn't think... It hurts...
Double negation is life, too
Double negation is for loosers. In polish you have like... Quadruple negation.
Nikt nikogo nigdy nie widział.
Literally: Nobody never didn't see nobody.
And famous sentence...
"Double confirmation is a negation, but double negation isn't a confirmation"
Don't question me about the translation, I don't speak Polish :3 I'd like to learn someday, tough.
It was mostly to Weronikus, hope she will help me with translation ^^"
If you know latain it will be easier for you to learn polish.
For example:
Nominativus (Mianownik) - Quis? (Kto? - Who?) Quid? (Co? - what?)
Genetivus (Dopełniacz) - Cuius? (Kogo? Czego? - Who/what isn't here?)
Dativus (Celownik) - Cui? (Komu? Czemu? At who/what am I looking?)
Accusativus (Biernik) - Quem? (Kogo? - Who do I see?) Quid? (Co? - What do I see?)
Ablativus (Narzędnik) Quo? ( [z] kim? - [with] who? [z] czym? - [with] what?)
There's gramatical case that doesn't exist in new latain, but is in polish (and old latain). Miejscownik - [o] kim? - [about] who? [o] czym? - [about] what?
Vocativus (Wołacz) - o!

Clever, isn't it? I've heard that once they teached latain because if you know latain, you are able to learn any language.
Well, it can hold both ?
Too little time I think.
... Let's say that it wasn't music to my ears.
Oh, my... Buut... I understand that you play piano?
I just have too much energy when sleeping time arrives
And you get sleepy at 3 or 4 am, right? Heh... Not only you ;)
In French, we usually say "Bonne nuit", or "Dors bien" ( "Good night" or "Sleep well" ) but our "Good night" means "Either Sleep well" or "don't have nightmares"( or "May your sleep be calm and restful" )
My friend (who plays as France) usually say Bonne nuit.
In polish we have:
Dobrej nocy - Good night
Dobranoc - kinda like good night, but I think it mostly means "sleep well"
Dobrej - Good (night)
Brej - short from dobrej
Pchły na noc, karaluchy pod poduchy, szczypawy do zabawy, etc - it's funny poem, goes like "fleas for night, cockroaches under pillows, earwigs to play". Usually parents tell it to their children.

Anyway, sorry for that messy message, I'm pretty tired right now...

Main Roleplay Characters: Norway (all versions), Poland (I think all versions too), Molossia
Minor Roleplay Characters: Russia (also fem), Iceland, Sweden
Well... Just ask what you want and I'll try to do my best.

Weronikus
Pro-Facepalmer
Pro-Facepalmer

Post by Weronikus » 18-06-2013 13:57

Mogę być nim, mogę być nią :'D W Internecie mam bardzo zmienną płeć i w zasadzie, nigdy nie wiadomo jak się przedstawię. Albo raczej, zależnie czy gram kobietą, czy mężczyzną, z rozpędu używam końcówek dla tej postaci i nikt nie wie jak jest naprawdę.
Oooo... tajemniczy ;) To sie zwracam do ciebie jako Polak, nie Polka, bo skoro grasz Felcia to pewnie z rozpędu będziesz się przedstawiał jako 'on' :P

You know, usually I met "Polak powiedział"
Hey, that totally makes more sense! Yupee! *punches the air*
“If my life is going to mean anything, I have to live it myself.” - Rick Riordan, "The Lightning Thief"
-----

Lokitama
Psycho Writah
Psycho Writah

Post by Lokitama » 25-06-2013 19:05

Hell no! Still have plenty of problems. Like, you should write "na prawdę" or "naprawdę"? It means "really".
We've got other worries, in French, for example : you have to know when to write these : En/an/am/em, ain/in, ssion/tion, on/om, etc.

Except for some ( like before a 'b' and a 'p', if it's 'En/an' or 'on', it becomes 'em/am' and 'om' but is pronounced the same ) you have to know it off by heart. You also have to learn when to put double letters, like 'ss' for example : "Poisson", which means 'fish', but if you take a 's' out, it makes 'poison', which means 'poison' //kol'd// When you're little, and that you write "J'aime manger du poison" ( I like eating poison ) it's kind of weird.

Urrgh... French is actually complicated :cryingspain:
Never did
Why ?
Because he scared me :3 So I didn't dare to do anything. Never been really the loud-mouth of school. :searchingitaly:
So, how you write poems when you can't play with words? I mean, rhymes and rhythmicity?
In French, you can't put messy sentences, if you do, you won't understand a thing. As for the poems, well, we've got plenty of synonyms of each words, Theological relations, and a lot of words that sounds the same. ( And write the same, too )
Décrit et écrit, for example. The first means described, and the second wrote. Which is not the same at all. We've got others, like : Mère, mer, maire, which aaall sound the same, but means Mother, sea and mayor. ( Also ver, verre, vert : worm, glass, green )
We've got plenty of adjectives, too ~
Double negation is for loosers
Hahaha ! So just make insinuations ! In French, one of the writing styles is just one negation here :
"The people aren't less intelligent than their King" meaning : The king is dumber than his people.
... We actually have 26-ish different 'figure de styles' to write down poems or expressions... =n= It was hell to learn 'em all for the French exam !
Clever, isn't it? I've heard that once they teached latain because if you know latain, you are able to learn any language
I've been taught Latin for 3 years. And ain't any better in French or Spanish... Just used it once when some adult-guy asked 'What does 'puéril' means ?' (Puéril means childish ) And my reply was : 'It comes from Puer, pueri, which means child in Latin, that's why we also say 'Puériculture' ^u^'

Oh, my... Buut... I understand that you play piano?
Err- Yes, I do. At least I'm trying. I've been regressing lately... :angryromano:
And you get sleepy at 3 or 4 am, right? Heh... Not only you ;)
Nope ! I get sleepy around 6-8 A.M. :D That sucks for school, but I try to sleep around 3-4 A.M. :)
it's funny poem, goes like "fleas for night, cockroaches under pillows, earwigs to play". Usually parents tell it to their children.
Does they want their children to fear dark and sleep ? O.O
Anyway, sorry for that messy message, I'm pretty tired right now...

Don't worry ! :happypoland:
Main Roleplay character : Italy Veneziano ( all ways ), Italy Romano ( all ways ), both of them at the same time ( my way ) ~

Weronikus
Pro-Facepalmer
Pro-Facepalmer

Post by Weronikus » 25-06-2013 20:18

Does they want their children to fear dark and sleep ? O.O
Aww, come on, Loki-chan, I'm sure you have that in French as well!
It's just a children's rhyme, and the kids don't really get what the rhyme is about until long after they memorized it from their parents. It's pretty cute, really. It's like: "Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite". THe same thing~

From when is it "szczypawy do zabawy"? Wasn't it "a szczypawki pod nogawki"? ("earwigs under trouser legs")

Hey, CD, what city are you from? I hope this question wasn't asked before, or I'd be seen as a total idiot -.- I'd be seen as an even bigger idiot if it was ME who asked that Q. >.<
-----

Lokitama
Psycho Writah
Psycho Writah

Post by Lokitama » 25-06-2013 20:44

Aww, come on, Loki-chan, I'm sure you have that in French as well!
We've got a 'Have good dreams' which is mutated because of a film, but either, we don't...

We just have crazy and gory rhymes for children to sing while playing and laughing. You don't understand it when you're little, but when you hear it once older... You realize that two people were hanged on a tree, some broke the tip of their noses, another one singing death wishes to someone, another one where the wolf eats children, another one where a prince kills the favorite ducks, etc... And it does not have any under-signification. It means what they said O.O
Why do they want to screw children up, already ? Stupids ....

Weronikus
Pro-Facepalmer
Pro-Facepalmer

Post by Weronikus » 25-06-2013 21:35

Well... isn't that... interesting...

We've got something like this:

"Wlazł kotek na płotek
I mruga
Ładna to piosenka
Niedługa.

Nie krótka, nie długa,
Lecz w sam raz;
Zaśpiewaj, koteczku,
Jeszcze raz."

Which means:

"A cat jumped on a fence
And blinked
What a nice song this is
A short song.

Not too short, not too long,
but just right,
Sing it, kitty,
Once more."

A cute song for kids.

I know that we have a sad lullaby for kids, though the kids don't know it's sad until they're older. I'll just give you the transaltion:

"From the ashpan onto Albert
jumbed a spark, which blinked;
Here, let me tell you a story,
The story will be long.

There was once a princess,
She fell in love with a musician,
the King had them wed,
and the end of the story.

Once there was an old hag
She had a cottage of cake
And in that cottage there wer eonly wonders-
Cyt! The spark went out.

Albert looked with surprise,
and tears came to his eyes;
Why did you lie to me?
Albret will remember.

I won't ever believe you again,
little spark;
First you come to life, then you go out,
And that's the end of the story."

There's another one about stars and the moon... Another about cats... About birds... Yup, we don't really have masochist songs.

Are you sure those lullabies you say are really lullabies?
-----

Lokitama
Psycho Writah
Psycho Writah

Post by Lokitama » 25-06-2013 22:03

That's lullabies and others songs that you can put in the car for the kid to sing along. :)

We've got one called 'Don't cry Jeanette' the one with the hanged people :)

It goes like this

"Don't cry Jeanette,
Tralalalalalalalala,
Don't cry Jeanette,
We will marry you,
We will marry you,

With a Prince's son,
Tralalalalalalalala,
With a Prince's son,
Or a Baron one,
Or a Baron one,

I don't want a Prince,
Tralalalalalalalala,
I don't want a Prince,
Less a Baron one,
Less a Baron one,

I want my friend Pierre,
Tralalalalalalalala,
I want my friend Pierre,
The one in prison,
The one in prison,

You won't have your Pierre,
Tralalalalalalalala,
You won't have your Pierre,
We will hang him,
We will hang him,

If you hang Pierre,
Tralalalalalalalala,
If you hang Pierre,
Hang me with him,
Hang me with him,

And we hanged Pierre,
Tralalalalalalalala,
And we hanged Pierre,
And his Jeanette with him,
And his Jeanette with him,

Let's go, friend, let's go,
Tralalalalalalala,
Let's go, friend, let's go,
We will hang them off,
We will hang them off."

They're another one that I used to LOVE when I was little, but I don't remember the name, it's about a guy going to war, and he's wife waiting. It finishes on his grave :)