[PROGRESS] England + Inbinding tips

Photos taken at Photoshoots or just at conventions and/or meetings! Also progress can be shared here.
BeyondReaper
Major
Major

[PROGRESS] England + Inbinding tips

Post by BeyondReaper » 13-03-2012 14:47

Ok, first of all. Doing this is at your own risk.. but people who have Astma, DON'T DO THIS!

Photo 1:
This is how it should look once you've bound it all in; Put on the sport bra and begin wrapping the tape around you. You can easily do this alone, but having someone help you is always good (I did it alone). Now... WATCH OUT Make sure that when you pull it over your front, that you breathe out so you have enough moving space. Make sure to move the tape only over the bra in the back... or as much as you can. On the skin will hurt! Not that much.. like pulling a plaster off.. but it hurts.

Photo 2:
How it looks from the side. As you can see, it's kept at a minimum. And as you probably also can see >,> this method does tend to make your belly stand out. Also.. when you've applied it and you plan on wearing it for a good couple of hours, make sure you first move around a lot so you creating some space for breathing and moving. Else your ribs will hurt a lot.

Photo 3:
And this is how it looks with a tight shirt on x3

Cosplay result:

Main RP character: England
Minor characters: France, Lithuania, Italy, Canada, Russia, America
OC's: Costa Rica, Zealand

~Planet Earth I need a friend
'Cause I'm on the outside looking in
I'm an Alien~

yuria-chan
The New Admin
The New Admin

Post by yuria-chan » 13-03-2012 22:48

Beyond you look amazing! ! ! ( I'm totally envious of your sweatervest =w= those things are so adorkable...

I prefer my England wigs a little shorter but other than that I'm absolutely in love with your cosplay!

I also like that you don't look so feminine~
Rp chara's:
England, Lithuania, N.Italy, Canada, Prussia, Germany, Spain, France, S.Italy, Ukraine, Russia, Belarus, Greece, Japan, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, Latvia, Sealand, Austria, Switzerland...
What? you asked me to put them in my signature... I can't help I play close to everyone XD
OC: Frysia, Carthago, Etruria

BeyondReaper
Major
Major

Post by BeyondReaper » 13-03-2012 22:55

-blush- Aaawwww thanks!!! x3

Yeaa there was a shorter one I could get.. but it looked really crappy xD so I figured I could take this.. and if I find it needs to be shorter... I grab the siccors xD though carefully because the way it's modelled is really good!

Hahahahaha thanks~ No special make-up for that as well ;) I just look like that naturally.

I'm an Alien~

yuria-chan
The New Admin
The New Admin

Post by yuria-chan » 13-03-2012 23:00

I suppose only the front bangs need to be a little shorter and perhaps wilder...
If you're insecure about cutting it yourself, I heard from another cosplayer that she let her hairdresser style her wigs.
Rp chara's:
England, Lithuania, N.Italy, Canada, Prussia, Germany, Spain, France, S.Italy, Ukraine, Russia, Belarus, Greece, Japan, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, Latvia, Sealand, Austria, Switzerland...
What? you asked me to put them in my signature... I can't help I play close to everyone XD

BeyondReaper
Major
Major

Post by BeyondReaper » 13-03-2012 23:03

Ooh that's a good idea! And ya.. they're annoying xDD When I put it on the first time I thought: 'Wait.... England can see normally... what's up with this..?'

I'm an Alien~

dernhelm
Major
Major

Post by dernhelm » 13-03-2012 23:23

my type of bindings.
It is quite some work, but it is worth it.

I noticed that if you only bind in horizontale directions you will always see a curve below your breasts. Now what i did is combined the horizontale binding with a verticale by using the half of a bodysuit attached underneath. So it looks kinda like a swimming suit.
Also I put straps at the top from a reguraly bra (the kind you can adjust at the back) so it keeps in place perfectly.
Now instead of using a fabric that bends in all directions at the top part I choose a fabric that didn't bend at all. I closed it at the front with needles then at the front I sewed in just a bit of elastian band. Enough to easily take at deep breath when you need but it gets into thetight shape right after. My close fitting top is closed with a zipper at the back. But you could also use hooks and eyes like a corset I suppose.

I still have to make some before and after pics, but I hope this drawing explains a bit. I really look flat in it. And i could breath easely enough to jump onto my bike and been bouncing in it all day at the con without pain or anything.
Main: quess that's Romano, for now.
OC: Sicilia, quite a bastard (love him)
Likes: north italy, spain, america, netherlands... scared to get a list as long as yuria's (halp?!)

BeyondReaper
Major
Major

Post by BeyondReaper » 22-03-2012 21:31

(late reply.. sorry!!!)

That looks.. complicated... but awesome!!! x3 Also, how do you go to the bathroom with that on? O,o

I wish I could make something like that... but I'm so clumsy I'd sew my own hand to it... ><

I'm an Alien~

dernhelm
Major
Major

Post by dernhelm » 25-03-2012 16:39

oh you can go to the bathroom real easy because it has hooks and eyes at the bottom.

Ha, i like the little flower on my nipple so much.
Am I artistic or what?!
Main: quess that's Romano, for now.
OC: Sicilia, quite a bastard (love him)
Likes: north italy, spain, america, netherlands... scared to get a list as long as yuria's (halp?!)

yuria-chan
The New Admin
The New Admin

Post by yuria-chan » 27-03-2012 03:32

buhyoo~ You make boss so happy~ And those bindings work amazing~
Rp chara's:

BeyondReaper
Major
Major

Post by BeyondReaper » 27-03-2012 07:23

Aaaaaaaaahhh!!! Ok :D Very practical!
How did you determine the seizes though? Because I doubt you can randomly take a piece of linnen and sew it together with elastic in the back.
*ready to take notes*

I'm an Alien~