Historically accurate.

Setting up your roleplay seeking topics, here members gather to form ideas for roleplaying. The tutorial is included!
Weronikus
Pro-Facepalmer
Pro-Facepalmer

Historically accurate.

Post by Weronikus » 11-06-2013 14:12

So, we've decided it'll be WWII between ol'Feliks and Ludvig.
What time would you like to do during the war?
And where?
I am best informed in the Battle for England and in the Warsaw Uprising. As to the rest I know generally what happened, though I can do some research.
What do you know best?
“If my life is going to mean anything, I have to live it myself.” - Rick Riordan, "The Lightning Thief"
-----
Main character: Poland
Other character: Australia

Eisprinzessin
Pasta eating beginner
Pasta eating beginner

Post by Eisprinzessin » 11-06-2013 21:43

I know best about the Battle of Stalingrad, Dresden Bombing, the Battle of Berlin, the Invasion of Poland, Operation Overlord (D-Day),Occupation of Denmark, Vichy France, Siege of Leningrad and everything which has to do with the civil life in Germany and how the Nazis oppressed their own people.

When it comes for Warsaw Uprising and Battle for England , I know the basics.
But if we decide to write about one of them , I will do some research to learn more Details. :)

Well, I think that the Battle for England, Battle of Stalingrad, Vichy France and some others aren't the best topics for a RP between Germany and Poland.
So we should look that we choose one which is good to play with these two characters.
"Kenntnisse kann jeder haben, aber die Kunst zu denken ist das seltenste Geschenk der Natur."
[ Friedrich der Große König von Preußen (1712 - 1786) ]

Main RP Characters: Prussia, Germany
Others: Russia and I would also try to write England.

Weronikus
Pro-Facepalmer
Pro-Facepalmer

Post by Weronikus » 12-06-2013 06:30

The invasion of Poland....
I think I know more than the basics about that. I'll have to make sure, but I think so. I know most about the fist battle, Battle of Westerplatte.
What do you think?
“If my life is going to mean anything, I have to live it myself.” - Rick Riordan, "The Lightning Thief"
-----

Eisprinzessin
Pasta eating beginner
Pasta eating beginner

Post by Eisprinzessin » 13-06-2013 00:57

Okay, we can write about that.
I'll refresh my information's and some of the data then :)
"Kenntnisse kann jeder haben, aber die Kunst zu denken ist das seltenste Geschenk der Natur."

Weronikus
Pro-Facepalmer
Pro-Facepalmer

Post by Weronikus » 13-06-2013 06:47

Great!
I also thought it would be cool to start with Pact Ribbentrop-Molotov, like a small dialog between the two politics before we start the RP itself. I think it'll give a nice intro into the history we'll be writing about.
Another thing: I can't do the RP now, because of the exchange. Afterwards I have to study to the exams my friends wrote while I was with Riccarda. So do you mind if we'll start in 2 weeks? Then everything will be calm.
-----

Eisprinzessin
Pasta eating beginner
Pasta eating beginner

Post by Eisprinzessin » 13-06-2013 18:17

That’s a good idea :)
And I think it will be a great intro for our RP.

I don’t mind ^^
We can start it in two weeks.
You can tell me when you have the time to start the RP and we can begin then :)

Weronikus
Pro-Facepalmer
Pro-Facepalmer

Post by Weronikus » 14-06-2013 06:23

Okay then!
Thanks a lot! ^.^
I'll inform you when I'll be ready.
-----

Weronikus
Pro-Facepalmer
Pro-Facepalmer

Post by Weronikus » 20-06-2013 17:01

Alright, so I'm basically ready to start the roleplay.
There are still things to discuss, though.
For example, how will the intro be connected to the actual plot? My idea is that Germany has a flashback, and then comes back when he's arriving in Westerplatte. What do you think?
Also, we need to add more details to the plot itself. What facts will we include, and what will we leave out? When do we stop the RP? in what moment do we actually start it?
-----

Eisprinzessin
Pasta eating beginner
Pasta eating beginner

Post by Eisprinzessin » 21-06-2013 00:09

Great !

We could write the intro as a cut scene for example, so that we first write the story of the pact, while letting Germany and Russia sign the contract.
Or we really write that Ribbentrop and Molotov are signing the contract, while Germany and Russia standing behind them shaking hands.
And then go over to the actual subject of the RP the Battle of Westerplatte.
But we can also connect it and let Germany remember about the pact, like you suggested.

We could start the RP with Germany hiding in the ‘Schleswig Holstein’ cause he isn’t allowed to go outside so that no one can see him and the soldiers. And he’s waiting for the order to start the attack. While he’s waiting he can have some concerns about the whole action and then remembers how his boss said “You have to kill all voices inside of you which are criticising me and my plans. If there’s a voice in you criticising me you make it become silent. You have to rip out your conscience .” and stuff like that. And then he’s remembering Prussia teaching him “A good soldier is following the orders.” When he does what his boss told him and is killing his conscience and all critical voices in him.
So we would start it around 24th August 1939.
That was one idea I had.

But we also could start with Poland doing the fortifications 1933- 1936.
What would actually be another intro then , followed by a second intro the Ribbentrop Molotov Pact ....

Since we chose Westerplatte as our subject to write about, I would say the story ends when the Battle ended.
With Germany saluting to Poland cause he was so impressed about his fighting and allowing him to keep the sabre ( Like the generals did in real) .
What do you think ?

This are my spontaneous ideas so far .
What ideas and suggestions do you have ?

Weronikus
Pro-Facepalmer
Pro-Facepalmer

Post by Weronikus » 01-07-2013 21:53

...I was sure I answered to this. -.-

Anyways... Here I go again :P

----

I like the second option best, with Germany and Russia shaking hands. It seems apropriate to let the actual people sign what was signed, and have the personifications of the countries be next to them. After all, I'm pretty sure the whole nation didn't know about the contract, only some. By having Germany and Russia sign it, it would mean that the entire country knew of it. Just my way of seeing it :P
...Unles you rather a different option?

Asto Poland and Germany, I think we could do that together, actually. Like, you would write about Germany's moral, while I'd skip back a few years and talk of Poland. You'd part out his feelings into a few replies, while I'd quickly skim through what happened in Poland, and then have Germany attack on 24th. How about that?

I really like the saluting idea, though I think it would be better to let the general salute, and have Germany follow his lead. After all, Germany had the mixed feelings about if it was right and such, and after seeing the general do that even if Hitler wouldn't have thought it a good move, it would give Germany a boost of confidence to do that himself.

If you don't like any of these, let me know.
Oh, and I won't be available for about every two weeks. I'm really sorry! I hate it how I don't have internet connection anywhere and have to use my cousin's computer when I'm visiting him. THe worst thing is, that I really want to do start this because I have never done a history RO, and I cant -.-
....Ugh, it's awful.
Anyway, I really really apologize deeply!
-----