America RPer looking for a Japan (or others!)

Setting up your roleplay seeking topics, here members gather to form ideas for roleplaying. The tutorial is included!
hetafan13
Pasta eating beginner
Pasta eating beginner

America RPer looking for a Japan (or others!)

Post by hetafan13 » 30-05-2014 16:44

Okay I put Japan up there because I haven't done an Ameripan RP before (and I'm dying to do one because I recently discovered my love for this pairing but I don't know anyone whose main muse is Japan ;A;), but I ship a whole bunch of people with America so I'm open to other pairings! As I mentioned in my introduction post, my preferred pairings are USUK (or UKUS, though I'll probably be avoiding doing any smut since I only really feel comfortable writing that stuff with one or two people that I'm really close with;;;), Ameripan, AmeMol, AmeIta, AmeBela, FrUS, Frain, Spamano, and FrUK, but feel free to ask about other pairings too! (Especially ones involving America XD)

The second reason I made this thread was for idea-dumping before I forget the few ideas I thought up on the train ride to work, so if anything catches your interest, let me know!

First one was for Ameripan, but I'd be willing to adapt it to other pairings (except USUK, since I did a USUK RP similar to this already (it's where I got the idea to begin with XD;)): Basically, it's a Gakuen/normal setting at first, with Alfred being a normal person living a normal life before getting pulled into a secret world (literally or figuratively, take your pick) involving people with special abilities who are living in fear, desperately hiding their abilities while trying to blend in with the other normal people living around them--but once Alfred is let in on this secret (completely by accident), this sets things into motion and puts him and Kiku (or someone else if anyone wants to take this plot with a different pairing) in danger as they end up targets of the people that Kiku and others like him had been hiding from for so long. (These people could be anything from the government to a secret organization; we could always work out the details later XD;)

The next one that I had was actually based off of the Vocaloid song Party x Party--only, of course, not as lighthearted (because as you all will learn soon enough I love being horrible to my muses <3). Basically, for those who have never heard the song/can't watch the video for whatever reason, the plot would take place in a Hetalia Fantasia-esque setting and would start off with Alfred, a bored "rookie" who decides to set off on a journey on a whim seeing as no one has come to visit him for a long time. He travels around, and meets [insert pairing character here, or even multiple characters if anyone's up to multi-character RPing with me XD], growing close with them and battling the various monsters ravaging the land as they travel and head towards the "final boss," the demon's lair who controls all the monsters in the land. When they finally reach the demon's lair, they find it empty... only for Alfred to reveal that he was the "final boss" all along. :3 This could go different ways depending on how close he gets with whoever he's traveling with (and depending on how mean I decide to be /shot), and can range anywhere from character death, to Alfred letting the character(s) go, or maybe Alfred might even give up his status as the "final boss" and refuse to fight if he grows close enough to whoever he's traveling with/developing feelings for. <3 (I was the Empire!America (and the regular America) in the RP that the fic Orchard of Mines was based off of, so I at least have some experience in playing dark/villain!America in addition to playing him as his regular, dorky hero self (or even him being serious... I can play him a lot of different ways depending on what the situation calls for, basically XDD), so I think I can make it work at least fairly well (if the reviews for the fic were anything to go by XD;))

Edit: I completely forgot omg if there's any Princess Tutu fans out there I'd love to do a Princess Tutu AU with America as Ahiru, England as Fakir, Japan as Mytho, and Belarus as Rue (and France would obviously have to be Femio but that's another story)--of course this isn't a must, it's more like an idea I've had for the longest time that I never really had the proper muses to write for (my Japanmuse is only so-so and I don't really have a Belarusmuse unfortunately OTL), and we wouldn't necessarily have to follow the story step by step, but I made this post to throw out ideas so I figured I'd include it here on the off chance that it might catch someone's interest. XDD;;

Specific plots aside, I'm also open to any sort of fantasy/supernatural/etc type of RP, so anything ranging from Vampire/Human to Merman (or Mermaid)/Human to Demon/Human (or Demon/Angel) would be awesome! I'm used to taking plot ideas and building on them, so if anyone has a plot in mind--even just a loose one--feel free to toss it out and I'll see what sort of magic I can work with it XD

(Also if you'd rather RP with my Spainmuse than my Americamuse that's fine too! I RP as America more than Spain recently but Spain was my original muse so I'm perfectly fine with RPing with him, though he might be a little rusty from lack of use over the past few months or so XD;;;)

Okay, I think I rambled enough so I'll end this post here, but if anyone has any questions then feel free to let me know! (And I hope none of this was against the rules or something;;; I'm still new to all this stuff and this is my first time RPing on a forum so I'm still trying to get myself familiar with how this stuff works XD;;)
Main RP characters: America & Spain
Minor RP characters: France, England, Japan, Italy, Romano, Russia, Prussia, Molossia, & Sealand (but I'm open to trying out others besides these provided I have enough of a grasp on their character)

yuria-chan
The New Admin
The New Admin

Post by yuria-chan » 30-05-2014 21:23

Ohh you did the perfect thing creating this thread! This is how the forum works, you discuss rp's here and if you decided on something you create a thread in the right category!

But getting down to buisness, I LOVE your hidden world setting! I don't have Japan to offer, but you can chose any of my other characters!
Lithuania meddling with old pagan magic perhaps?

(( Also Mermaids, monsterboys and fantasy creatures sounds awesome! Would you like to do fruk on that one?))

Also when rp-ing Fruk, do you like to be Arthur or Francis?
Rp chara's:
England, Lithuania, N.Italy, Canada, Prussia, Germany, Spain, France, S.Italy, Ukraine, Russia, Belarus, Greece, Japan, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, Latvia, Sealand, Austria, Switzerland...
What? you asked me to put them in my signature... I can't help I play close to everyone XD
OC: Frysia, Carthago, Etruria

hetafan13
Pasta eating beginner
Pasta eating beginner

Post by hetafan13 » 30-05-2014 22:44

Ahh good I'm glad I did everything right ;w; And I'm glad you like my plot idea! We can do that plot with AmeLiet, I wouldn't mind that at all <3

(If anyone else sees this thread and likes that idea too, though, I'm more than willing to do multiple RPs with the same basic plot--things can always go so many different ways when you're RPing with different characters, even if you're working with the same basic idea XD <3)

And yes, I'd love to do FrUK in some sort of fantasy creatures setting! You have England listed first in your list, so if you're more comfortable with him then I'm fine with playing France XD (I've RP'd FrUK a couple of times and switched between the two so honestly I don't mind either or--I leave it up to you ^^)
Minor RP characters: France, England, Japan, Italy, Romano, Russia, Prussia, Molossia, & Sealand (but I'm open to trying out others besides these provided I have enough of a grasp on their character)

dernhelm
Major
Major

Post by dernhelm » 31-05-2014 00:15

Would you consider playing a more bro-ship campaign with my Romano.
I'm really interested in the italian diaspora. And it would be perfect for char-building. Don't have a plot though. It's more an historical interest i have.
Main: quess that's Romano, for now.
OC: Sicilia, quite a bastard (love him)
Likes: north italy, spain, america, netherlands... scared to get a list as long as yuria's (halp?!)

yuria-chan
The New Admin
The New Admin

Post by yuria-chan » 31-05-2014 01:14

Cool! So two rp's for us, one ameLiet, and one FrUk. I also rp-ed as both England so if you have a preference it's ok.

Hmm, what else should we discuss... Oh yes Rating?
should we make it in the 18 plus section in case the rating goes up later?

What fantasy setting shall we do? I was thinking that a greek mythology type of rp might be interesting. With perhaps France as a satyr and England as a nymph. Or both of them as centaurs? Or one of them as a human.
Ooh I've been doing a lot of research about Satyrs. (I study art history and recently had a course on biblical and classical iconography.) Can I play Satyr France x human Arthur or nymph Arthur? Would you like that?
Rp chara's:
England, Lithuania, N.Italy, Canada, Prussia, Germany, Spain, France, S.Italy, Ukraine, Russia, Belarus, Greece, Japan, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, Latvia, Sealand, Austria, Switzerland...
What? you asked me to put them in my signature... I can't help I play close to everyone XD

hetafan13
Pasta eating beginner
Pasta eating beginner

Post by hetafan13 » 31-05-2014 03:47

dernhelm wrote:Would you consider playing a more bro-ship campaign with my Romano.
I'm really interested in the italian diaspora. And it would be perfect for char-building. Don't have a plot though. It's more an historical interest i have.
Hi! I'd be fine with that, but I won't lie, I'm horrible at history so I don't really know much about the Italian diaspora. XD;;; But I'm basically assuming that you mean that Lovino moves to America (maybe New York, since I know a lot of Italians immigrated here (since my dad and his family were some of them XD;)), and meets Alfred, and the two of them basically end up striking up a friendship or something like that? Was that what you had in mind?

hetafan13
Pasta eating beginner
Pasta eating beginner

Post by hetafan13 » 31-05-2014 03:54

yuria-chan wrote:Cool! So two rp's for us, one ameLiet, and one FrUk. I also rp-ed as both England so if you have a preference it's ok.

Hmm, what else should we discuss... Oh yes Rating?
should we make it in the 18 plus section in case the rating goes up later?

What fantasy setting shall we do? I was thinking that a greek mythology type of rp might be interesting. With perhaps France as a satyr and England as a nymph. Or both of them as centaurs? Or one of them as a human.
Ooh I've been doing a lot of research about Satyrs. (I study art history and recently had a course on biblical and classical iconography.) Can I play Satyr France x human Arthur or nymph Arthur? Would you like that?
We can make it in the 18 plus section to be on the safe side, but I'd rather avoid doing smut if you don't mind XD; Foreplay is fine, and we can imply it if the RP heads in that direction for whatever reason, but I just don't feel comfortable RPing it, sorry;;;

I honestly have pretty much no knowledge of Greek mythology, so if you've been doing research on Satyrs then maybe I'll be Arthur and you can be Francis, and we can go with your Satyr!Francis/Human!Arthur idea. ^^ Did you have any plot in particular in mind for this idea?

yuria-chan
The New Admin
The New Admin

Post by yuria-chan » 31-05-2014 20:31

Nooo don't be sorry it's ok! If we're not going to rp it we'll be fine in the non 18+ section though ^-^

hmmm, As for plot, will we set it in ancient Greece or modern times? Perhaps Arthur gets lost in this strange old wood? (( And I'd love to rp as Satyr France.))
The deepest heart of that forest is a shrine dedicated to Bacchus and Francis lives in that part of the forest? First he wants to chase Arthur away but... Oh, what if Arthur is on some sort of quest and has to ask the god a question?
Rp chara's:

dernhelm
Major
Major

Post by dernhelm » 31-05-2014 23:27

hetafan13 wrote:
dernhelm wrote:Would you consider playing a more bro-ship campaign with my Romano.
Hi! I'd be fine with that, but I won't lie, I'm horrible at history so I don't really know much about the Italian diaspora. XD;;; But I'm basically assuming that you mean that Lovino moves to America (maybe New York, since I know a lot of Italians immigrated here (since my dad and his family were some of them XD;)), and meets Alfred, and the two of them basically end up striking up a friendship or something like that? Was that what you had in mind?
yeah! omg you got Italian roots, that's so cool!
Ah, yes that was my idea sort of. 1890's thereabouts.
I was thinking Romano like his people is pretty reserved and doesn't want any help. Though at some point he must simply admit that he could use some help to get his pronunciation right. Also the American system is very different then back home.
With Romano more at ease himself he tries to get the poor immigrants to open up to America so they can get their sorrow situation better under control in the tenements. They are proud people but Romano convinces them that with some basic changes they can improve their lives and that of their children.
But I haven't got a clue what else was going on in New York at that time, I only know about the immigrants.
I really like america and I have never played an rp with him, so I'm also very curious how they will react to eachother.
Main: quess that's Romano, for now.
OC: Sicilia, quite a bastard (love him)
Likes: north italy, spain, america, netherlands... scared to get a list as long as yuria's (halp?!)

hetafan13
Pasta eating beginner
Pasta eating beginner

Post by hetafan13 » 01-06-2014 03:37

yuria-chan wrote:Nooo don't be sorry it's ok! If we're not going to rp it we'll be fine in the non 18+ section though ^-^

hmmm, As for plot, will we set it in ancient Greece or modern times? Perhaps Arthur gets lost in this strange old wood? (( And I'd love to rp as Satyr France.))
The deepest heart of that forest is a shrine dedicated to Bacchus and Francis lives in that part of the forest? First he wants to chase Arthur away but... Oh, what if Arthur is on some sort of quest and has to ask the god a question?
Thank you for understanding ;w;

Ooh, Arthur getting lost in the woods sounds interesting :O Arthur being on a quest sounds like it would work, since I can't see why else he would be in Greece XD; Maybe he's trying to get the god's help with something rather than ask a question? (If he just has to ask a question I don't think the RP will end up lasting very long XD;;) Now we just have to figure out what sort of quest he'd be on, and why he'd need the help of a god in order to carry on with/complete it....