America RPer looking for a Japan (or others!)

Setting up your roleplay seeking topics, here members gather to form ideas for roleplaying. The tutorial is included!
hetafan13
Pasta eating beginner
Pasta eating beginner

Post by hetafan13 » 01-06-2014 07:01

dernhelm wrote:yeah! omg you got Italian roots, that's so cool!
Ah, yes that was my idea sort of. 1890's thereabouts.
I was thinking Romano like his people is pretty reserved and doesn't want any help. Though at some point he must simply admit that he could use some help to get his pronunciation right. Also the American system is very different then back home.
With Romano more at ease himself he tries to get the poor immigrants to open up to America so they can get their sorrow situation better under control in the tenements. They are proud people but Romano convinces them that with some basic changes they can improve their lives and that of their children.
But I haven't got a clue what else was going on in New York at that time, I only know about the immigrants.
I really like america and I have never played an rp with him, so I'm also very curious how they will react to eachother.
Well like I said, I don't know much about anything pertaining to history, but maybe if we push the time up to the 1920s, there were a lot of things going on in New York that we could probably fit in XD (Gangsters and prohibition are the first things that come to mind but I'm sure there's other things too pfft)

Considering how Romano can be a bit similar to England at times, I can see them getting along just fine—America is cheerful yet stubborn, so even if Romano tries to push him away he'll probably just keep trying to help until Romano finally gives in XDD And yes, you made a very good point—Italians (especially ones born and raised in Italy) are very prideful, and they have the mentality of doing things either by themselves, or with the help of their family; getting help from an outside source is a last resort that they try and avoid at all costs XD;;

Also, my father has told me plenty of stories about his struggles as a boy raised in Italy until he was 7 years old before being brought to America: back then there were no laws against child labor, so he was already working at 7 years old as soon as he arrived in America, even before he was able to fully speak the language, and in school he was often picked on and bullied because of his "weird" name and his difficulty speaking English. Not only that, but schools back then weren't like they are today—they just kept bumping him up to the next grade each year regardless of whether he was keeping up, so he ended up graduating high school without even being able to properly read or write English, and he had to teach himself for the most part in order to move on to college and get a degree. (To this day he still has difficulty with spelling, and he's been in America for a bit over 40 years.) Just some things I thought I'd throw out there in case you were interested in incorporating any of this into the RP in any way XD;
Main RP characters: America & Spain
Minor RP characters: France, England, Japan, Italy, Romano, Russia, Prussia, Molossia, & Sealand (but I'm open to trying out others besides these provided I have enough of a grasp on their character)

dernhelm
Major
Major

Post by dernhelm » 02-06-2014 14:24

I rather not play anything maffia related unless it is really well and dramatically written. I de a lot of fics where its presented as something cool. I really dont like that because a lot of people suffer each day because of it. If you're not confident with an historic rp maybe we better play modern?
Main: quess that's Romano, for now.
OC: Sicilia, quite a bastard (love him)
Likes: north italy, spain, america, netherlands... scared to get a list as long as yuria's (halp?!)

hetafan13
Pasta eating beginner
Pasta eating beginner

Post by hetafan13 » 02-06-2014 16:21

dernhelm wrote:I rather not play anything maffia related unless it is really well and dramatically written. I de a lot of fics where its presented as something cool. I really dont like that because a lot of people suffer each day because of it. If you're not confident with an historic rp maybe we better play modern?
I meant mafia more in the sense of the area Lovino would be living in might be dangerous because of the things going on during that time;; Trust me, I know the mafia isn't exactly something that should be glorified or whatever;;; But I'm honestly fine with whatever works--if we do a historic one then you'd just have to fill in the history gaps, that's all XD; Sorry, history was always my worst subject so I'm sure Hetalia is probably the last fandom I should be in, but yet I'm in it anyway XD;;;
Minor RP characters: France, England, Japan, Italy, Romano, Russia, Prussia, Molossia, & Sealand (but I'm open to trying out others besides these provided I have enough of a grasp on their character)

Weronikus
Pro-Facepalmer
Pro-Facepalmer

Post by Weronikus » 02-06-2014 17:45

Hey, would you consider roleplaying with a Poland or an Australia?
I don't have any plot in mind, and I'm fine with whichever plot you'd come up with. If of course, you'd like to.
“If my life is going to mean anything, I have to live it myself.” - Rick Riordan, "The Lightning Thief"
-----
Main character: Poland
Other character: Australia

hetafan13
Pasta eating beginner
Pasta eating beginner

Post by hetafan13 » 03-06-2014 04:02

Weronikus wrote:Hey, would you consider roleplaying with a Poland or an Australia?
I don't have any plot in mind, and I'm fine with whichever plot you'd come up with. If of course, you'd like to.
I've never RP'd with a Poland or an Australia before :O AmePol sounds like it would be really cute, so maybe we can go with that once we figure out a plot XD Do you have a particular universe/setting that you prefer? (Or even one that you'd rather not do, so we can narrow it down? XD)

Weronikus
Pro-Facepalmer
Pro-Facepalmer

Post by Weronikus » 03-06-2014 18:30

Poland it is~
Umm, no, I don't really have any favorite. I find that I like anything as long as my roleplay partner is fun to RP with. Though I am not a fan of yaoi, or yuri, or hentai. I rather soft stuff. I'm fine with gore, though. (But I can't really imagine Poland being eager to spill blood. It's sooo unfashionable.)
“If my life is going to mean anything, I have to live it myself.” - Rick Riordan, "The Lightning Thief"
-----

hetafan13
Pasta eating beginner
Pasta eating beginner

Post by hetafan13 » 03-06-2014 22:46

Weronikus wrote:Poland it is~
Umm, no, I don't really have any favorite. I find that I like anything as long as my roleplay partner is fun to RP with. Though I am not a fan of yaoi, or yuri, or hentai. I rather soft stuff. I'm fine with gore, though. (But I can't really imagine Poland being eager to spill blood. It's sooo unfashionable.)
That's fine, I don't really like to RP anything 18+ anyway XD;; (And yeah, Poland doesn't exactly seem like the gore type pfft)

Hmm... I'll try and think of a plot later, since I'm at work now XD; Let me know if you come up with anything, though!

Weronikus
Pro-Facepalmer
Pro-Facepalmer

Post by Weronikus » 04-06-2014 07:06

Will do~
-----

yuria-chan
The New Admin
The New Admin

Post by yuria-chan » 04-06-2014 19:37

hetafan13 wrote:
Thank you for understanding ;w;

Ooh, Arthur getting lost in the woods sounds interesting :O Arthur being on a quest sounds like it would work, since I can't see why else he would be in Greece XD; Maybe he's trying to get the god's help with something rather than ask a question? (If he just has to ask a question I don't think the RP will end up lasting very long XD;;) Now we just have to figure out what sort of quest he'd be on, and why he'd need the help of a god in order to carry on with/complete it....
Sorry for only getting back to you now ^-^" I had a lot of school work last two days.
I meant that if the setting was ancient greece they'd probably both live there. It would be like the old classical myths! We can also make it just a fantasy land though! Hmm, maybe he needs the gods blessing for a harvest. Bacchus is the god of wine, feasts, fertility, he can control human emotions, can do predictions and purifications, and all sorts of miracles like most of the greek gods.
He had a huge following of nymphs and satyrs (Francis is one of them). So if your quest is sort of in that area he's your to go to god!
Rp chara's:
England, Lithuania, N.Italy, Canada, Prussia, Germany, Spain, France, S.Italy, Ukraine, Russia, Belarus, Greece, Japan, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, Latvia, Sealand, Austria, Switzerland...
What? you asked me to put them in my signature... I can't help I play close to everyone XD
OC: Frysia, Carthago, Etruria

Weronikus
Pro-Facepalmer
Pro-Facepalmer

Post by Weronikus » 04-06-2014 20:48

Oh, hey, I thought of sth that could do as a plot. But you'll have to decide whether you like it or not.
Poland, in reality (as in the real world, not Hetalia), believed America it's greatest ally, since it'll actually come and help rather than just talk of helping. So, coming back to Hetalia, I was thinking Poland probably thinks of AMerica as it's idol, and wants to be as great as him, and keeps trying to come up with fantastic battle ideas... that end up being tragic. (example: making pink uniforms to make the soldiers happier and therefore more effective. Since morro is too boring.) And America... well, he'll have to keep cleaning up his mess.
What do you think?
-----