[Chat] Our tchat about nothing continue

What did you eat last night? Woah! Is he, like, omygod, taken? You may spam this full with everything.
Lokitama
Psycho Writah
Psycho Writah

Post by Lokitama » 10-06-2014 00:50

Guitar... *facedesk* That moment when you are awkwardly wrong. I'm so sorry... :scaredlatvia: But it's too bad, instruments are wonderful, too ! Just like paints, and drawings, they're one of the universal language.

Oh :o A well-known Art Academy in Belgium is Saint-Luc... I think...

It's really impressive... What kind of tools did you use to make this ? ( Hope you weren't too tired from getting up early :p ) About the light... I know, right ? x_x I had to draw some coats hanging down of a... porte-manteau ? ( I can't translate this in English ), and when I was done with a part of it, the light already has changed.

This is one of my father's work :)

Main Roleplay character : Italy Veneziano ( all ways ), Italy Romano ( all ways ), both of them at the same time ( my way ) ~

Minor : Willing to try anyone ~ !

More information about me and my roleplay

dernhelm
Major
Major

Post by dernhelm » 10-06-2014 19:36

St Luc, yes that's possible a lot of schools are named so cause Luc is the artist evangelist.
Ah, your dad works so brilliantly I like it!

Ah I'm not really a morning person but after i was out in the field it was allright. It wasn't that cold luckely, one time i had to paint with my gloves on that wasn't handy at all. (It was too dark also so i didn't had a clue what i was mixing, and it all turned... yeck)

The tools I use? pig bristle brushes, short and flat mainly 1,5 broad to 1cm. And some filbert ones. I like using synthetic filberts when i'm working out details. With small details I sometimes I use a painters-stick. But never for plain air work. I have seen one tutor (www.jimharris.nl) use it to quickly draw sharp lines of buildings and such to get the perspective right. (Maybe I should bring it along?)

On top of that I love to work with small palette knives, to mix and paint.
I always bring a lot of brusher so my work stays clean. I just take a new brush when I'm changing to a complementair color. I don't clean brushes while painting, I clean them afterwards.

I have a rather large wooden palette, I had to carve it somewhat otherwise it hurt resting on my arm and cut my veins.
I never use mediums, I don't like them. I like my oilpaint a bit thick.
Most of the times I set up my palette the day before I start working.

Colours I mostly use: zinkwit, cadmium rood, crimson, citroengeel, geel oker, rood oker, gebrande omber, rauwe omber, groene aarde, ultramarijn.
I always set up a mix too of the burned omber+utramarine+crimson to make a nice black.

I set up my palette the same way every time so I can find and mix my colours quickly.

Mostly I will work on a canvas or board, that I have allready gave a basic colour. (imprematuur) My imprematuur in the sunrise painting for instance was lavender.

So well,... sorry for the long story... i kinda let myself go.. veh!
Main: quess that's Romano, for now.
OC: Sicilia, quite a bastard (love him)
Likes: north italy, spain, america, netherlands... scared to get a list as long as yuria's (halp?!)

Lokitama
Psycho Writah
Psycho Writah

Post by Lokitama » 10-06-2014 21:35

Hm, except the universities of Brussels, Leuven, Liège and Louvain, when someone wants to study art, he/she goes to St-Luc in Liège.

My dad said 'Thank you' and also 'If only this could bring money back home' with a sigh. ( When he said to his mother : 'I want to do art studies at St-Luc, in Liège', she said : "Okay" and he became a butcher. Painting for a living is one of his dreams :3 ) But since he hasn't got much time, he doesn't catch the painting directly like you did with the sunrise. He make a photo, and then paint it/modify it to his imagination's consent.

Soon, he'll do serigraphy, but for now, we're saving up for our studies ( he couldn't have a important diploma and it seems my mother's just addicted to studies. )

Wow, did I really rant about my Dad's life ? Oops, hehe :searchingitaly:

That's quite a large range of tools :) I'm impressed you manage to work with so much ! It's hard enough with basic paintbrushes for me. ( But then again, I'm one of pencil and writing )

Not cleaning the brushes is quite a creative and good idea °o° I never thought of that.

I'm quite fond of thick oilpaint myself, there's one or two paintings from my father done with oil and it gives off a feeling different from the watercolors. Here they are :)

He worked months and months on the second one. ( The Large one )

I'm quite surprised I almost understood the names of the colors you named, and the mixing you talked about.

I like it when you let yourself go ! I usually don't see long posts of you, so I'm happy to hear about you ! ~ Hehe ~ I could rant hours on my works ( writing ) just like everyone would rant about their passion ! Plus, it's really interesting and endearing to see you talk about what you like :) ( Well I guess you like it, since you're doing studies about it )
Main Roleplay character : Italy Veneziano ( all ways ), Italy Romano ( all ways ), both of them at the same time ( my way ) ~

dernhelm
Major
Major

Post by dernhelm » 11-06-2014 21:29

I like your dads watercolor better! It's really direct I like that more personally. Also it's something i really suck at, whahahah

Serigraphy sure sounds cool.
He should try monotypes too. A basic set to start isn't that expensive and you can work real quick. If you have an hour free time it's enough!
With oil based inks you can make the most detailed once, I'm told.
Seeing he has little time, that would be nice, right?
Instead of sitting watching tele he could make an artwork after work and feel great about himself!

I know how it is to paint besides a fulltime job first hand. Last 6 years I've been working from 09.00 to 18.00 and went to artschool in the evenings.
It's not to late for your dad to kickstart his painting career, you tell him that!
Most of my art studie friends are over 50! Also one of them who graduated last year quit his job as a doctor to be a proffesional artist.

It's not a shame to work with photographs some of the best selling artists do so.
Likes: north italy, spain, america, netherlands... scared to get a list as long as yuria's (halp?!)

Lokitama
Psycho Writah
Psycho Writah

Post by Lokitama » 12-06-2014 11:00

I do too, as I see them more often than the oils :) If you want to see more of them, you can skip through his gallery, on his website, here :)

We'll we've got some sets of serigraphy alright, but it takes too much place in his study. It's either in his study or in the garage. So we're making a small studio in the garden. And this costs money. Well, he's most of the time on the PC, to work on his studies after work. He's in exam session, just like my mother and me. The subject he worked on all year was 'The society in MMORPGs'. My father's a player of TERA and other MMORPGs ( which makes him one of the coolest dad on earth to me. But also a weird Dad. He once said to me "Quit studying for school, come and play, we'll do a dungeon" ) so... ;)

He count on painting more and more after he gets his needed diploma. Because he'll be able to do the job he likes :) For now, his job is educator for mentally disabled persons. He really like the said mentally disabled persons, but his co-workers are, pardon me but, bitches. They're always talking behind the back of everyone, and give loads of problems to the directors, they yell on the residents when they don't do something correctly ( but they do not see what they did wrong, they're like small children in a 30 to 60-years-old body ), etc.

I, once again, successfully ranted about my father ! Yay !

Oh, we also still have to RP together, I insist on that :)

dernhelm
Major
Major

Post by dernhelm » 14-06-2014 21:13

yeah lets start one. Lets discuss it at the rp section allright?

Wow, best of luck all three of you then!
Hahaha he sounds like fun to hang out with. I bet if you ever get a bf back home he'll claim him for himself to have lanparties with :)
"but dad I want to watch a movie with my bf" "go away we are busy!" xD

I got a very bad relationship with my dad, but my mom is nice enough.
I'm going on a daytrip next week with her. I see her very little, once every three months or so. I just hope we have nice weather.

Lokitama
Psycho Writah
Psycho Writah

Post by Lokitama » 15-06-2014 14:38

O-kay ~ !

Thank you :) And about my bf, well... It's kinda what you described, except I join them in their LAN ~ ( And when I'm not really in the mood to play, I'm just writing next door ) :happypoland:

I hope you will have a good time with your mother, too ! I don't know about the Netherlands, but here, it looks like Belgium's flirting with southern countries again. Maybe Holland is paying a visit to Spain, or accompany Belgium ?

Let's hope it's the case, like that, you'll have a big shiny sun, yay ~

dernhelm
Major
Major

Post by dernhelm » 13-07-2014 12:58

Im ronery guys/gals come out and play

Lokitama
Psycho Writah
Psycho Writah

Post by Lokitama » 19-07-2014 20:00

I'm sorry I took so long ! x_x I really wanted to finish one of my stories and a Two-Shot. But I didn't take into account the awfully hot weather. So yep. But I finished my work, so it's okay !

I'm out and ready to play !

dernhelm
Major
Major

Post by dernhelm » 26-07-2014 20:36

Indeed its warm outside we are not used to such warm weather either