Persian Empire's Cracktacular Masquerade Party

This is where EVERYONE is allowed to join ALL Roleplays!
VanDerZanden
Flying higher! Like a bird!

Persian Empire's Cracktacular Masquerade Party

Post by VanDerZanden » 11-08-2011 21:46

Just a random inspiration that I thought could be fun. Anyone can join, doesn't matter if they're ancient, OC, duplicate, whatever!

And for point of reference, I imagine Persia looking more or less like this: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v697/ ... 367753.jpg

As she'd thought many times before, being a 'dead' country was really a drag for Persian Empire (aka Mama Persia aka Persia with a billion different prefixes). The only people she got to see regularly were mostly old rivals like Mama Greece and a certain toga-wearing individual she refused to name. Occasionally this drove her to find ways to 'slip out' for a while, usually to visit her kids. Even that got tiresome after a while - her kid Iran refused to return her calls lately.

When presented with that restlessness, Persia decided that there was only one solution. She was going to host a party. Maybe people wouldn't even recognize her at first (except maybe Greece or China), but having an excuse to have a bunch of countries in her place? Persia was happy with that thought. It'd been a lot of fun, if stressful sometimes, back when she'd had lots of people living in her place.

Having a party seemed like a way to maybe relive that a little, plus to remind people of how great she'd been. And still was. But it couldn't just be a party, she'd decided. No, it had to be a costume party of some sort because that was bound to be more fun. Costumes weren't mandatory since she didn't like forcing things on people - she suggested it several times in the invitation though. Including that costumes of scary things were encouraged. Or trying to look like another country. Whatever. Her invitation had been not only anonymous (with only time and location listed) but also kind of rambling. It'd been written in a hurry and then mailed off to every country she could find an address of.

As for herself, Persia had taken both ideas into account. She'd chosen to dress as a country that was scary. Namely, the toga and armor of the Roman Empire. Even if her long black hair didn't really match it. Persia had just set out a third plate of her cooking, this time kabobs, when there was a knock at the door. Feeling quite excited, she strode over to the door and opened it to find...
Main RP Characters: Slovakia (F), North Korea (M/F), Mexico (M/F), Bavaria (M/F)

internetgeek
Massproducer
Massproducer

Post by internetgeek » 12-08-2011 14:56

Earlier in the day, Estonia had gotten an invitation for some kind of costume party.It didn't say who it was from, just where the party was with some extraneous details. To be quite honest, he had no idea who would really host this type of party but having needed to get away from the house for a while, decided to take a chance. Perhaps, dressing up was always rather fun if he was quite honest. But first to think of the costume, perhaps a simple mask, cloak and suit would be fine but he was reminded that in the letter, scary costumes were suggested. He knew he probably couldn't pull off a monster really, he was rather mild-looking. However, he always had wanted to do a mad scientist type costume- a la Victor Frankenstein, the creator rather than the creation. So he went put on the things he had gathered for the costume including a white lab coat but looked like it'd been used. Looking rather distinguished yet distracted if not a little absentminded, he headed out. He couldn't look nearly as neat as he usually did if this was going to work. Finally arriving at the location in an unfamiliar place, he knocked on the door a little more than a bit nervous about the host.

The door opened and he greeted the woman that would be the hostess apparently, "Evening.Hope I had arrived at the right place."He bowed slightly as he figured she must've been an ancestor of a current nation.
Resident of the Internet

Main Roleplay character: (Estonia)

VanDerZanden

Post by VanDerZanden » 14-08-2011 04:10

Persia threw the door open and grinned confidently as she set her eyes upon the first guest to arrive. And realized quickly she didn't recognize him. She stared at him, looked him up and down, tried to figure out what part of the world he'd come from. White, blonde hair... Europe. Northern Europe. Other than that she was really drawing a blank. He did have a nice general mad scientist costume, though, which she appreciated. Always easier when they followed suggestions of their own volition.

"Mua ha ha! Bow before my greatness, new slave! None can challenge the might of the Eternal City!" she cackled, then laughed at her bad impression and grinned again, "Just kidding, make yourself at home! I just got all the food done, so there's plenty to eat!"
Main RP Characters: Slovakia (F), North Korea (M/F), Mexico (M/F), Bavaria (M/F)

internetgeek
Massproducer
Massproducer

Post by internetgeek » 14-08-2011 13:39

"Ah Thank you," he replied with a light grin at her impression. "He did note that she didn't seem to recognize him whatsoever. One should at least make themselves familiar at a party after all. As he entered the house he at least stated who he was."I'm Estonia,nice to meet you Ma'am."
Resident of the Internet

Silvermoonwings
Major
Major

Post by Silvermoonwings » 14-08-2011 16:26

India had just been leafing though her mail when she saw a personal letter in between all the business mail, ads, and bills. How curious she thought to herself. She set down the other things on her kitchen table and went to get the letter opener. It didn't have a return address, which was weird in itself, and when she opened it, it was very long. She grinned a little, trying not to laugh, and sat down to read it. When she was done, she looked surprised. A mysterious person invited her to a costume party. Scary costumes apperently preferred. She mused over what she would wear, having already decided to go. Suddenly, she stodd up. She knew what she was going to go as! She quickly hurried to get ready.
----------------
She laughed as she walked down the street, her black cloak billowing slightly in the wind. As she aprroached the house, she put in the fake fangs that looked all too realistic. Yup, she had decided to go as a vampire. She didn't really care what anyone else thought. She straightened the black dress under the cloak before she knocked on the door. She tried not to smile until the hostess opened the door.
~I~ Just wasted~~ 10 seconds of your life~~
And then I took an arrow to the knee... :I
-------------------------
Main RP: India(Girl), Nepal(Boy), Indus Valley(Girl)(India's Mom)

Minor RP: Belgium, Switzerland, Fem!Russia, Chibi!Romano, Sweden(Fem and norm), Denmark, Finland, 2p!England
Other: Ask me, and I'll say whether I can rp as them or not.

VanDerZanden

Post by VanDerZanden » 14-08-2011 20:46

Persia was pleased that her first guest was amused by her impression of Rome. She'd had a long time to hone her insults towards her western contemporary, so having a receptive audience was nice. But Estonia? Estonia... Estonia.. no, the name didn't ring any bells. Still, he'd come to her party and that was good enough for Persia.

"Oh, don't ma'am me, you're not one of my kids," she joked, then finally started to introduce herself, "Nice to have you Estonia, I'm the P-"

Her head snapped toward the door when another knock was heard, and she held up a finger, "Hold that thought!"

Persia darted over to the door, composed herself, and yanked it open again. Standing outside it was a young lady dressed in a black dress with a cloak, one who seemed familiar. The hostess leaned forward, stared at the new arrival critically, but for a moment she couldn't place it. Man her memory was fuzzy. Stupid afterlife.

"Ah, another fine land to subject to my will! Bow before Rome, barbar-" Persia went into her act again, then realized who she was looking at. It'd been a long time but she still knew that look this girl had about her.

Which caused her to launch a hug attack at the vampire, grinning ear to ear as she nearly squealed, "India! How good to see you! Thanks for coming!"

internetgeek
Massproducer
Massproducer

Post by internetgeek » 14-08-2011 21:05

While he was paused, Estonia thought over who his host could possibly be. He had already come to the conclusion that she had living nations as children and didn't recognize him as she was definitely before his time. At least in a modern sense. He wasn't paying much mind to her answering the door for another guess as he was trying to work this out.the P..well it couldn't be anyone he had already knew, he went back through the various books he had read in the past and picked up on the word Persia perhaps..Maybe this was her, seems pretty likely from her looks. He just waited to see if his guess was correct and made himself comfortable by wandering around a bit.
Resident of the Internet

Silvermoonwings
Major
Major

Post by Silvermoonwings » 16-08-2011 01:35

India immediately recognized the woman in front of her who opened the door. However, the woman in question didn't appear to recognize her right away, as she stared for a second before launching into a sarcastic impersonation of Rome, confirming the hostess's identity.
India grinned back as she was tackled. "Persia! So you're the one hosting this party. Nice 'imitation' of Rome." she said, hugging her back. "It's been a while hasn't it?" She stepped, back and followed Persia inside. India smiled and waved over at Estonia, who was wandering around in a mad scientist costume. She looked around. Persia really went all out with the decorations she thought, still grinning, which inevitably showed off her very realistic fangs.
~I~ Just wasted~~ 10 seconds of your life~~
And then I took an arrow to the knee... :I
-------------------------
Main RP: India(Girl), Nepal(Boy), Indus Valley(Girl)(India's Mom)

Minor RP: Belgium, Switzerland, Fem!Russia, Chibi!Romano, Sweden(Fem and norm), Denmark, Finland, 2p!England
Other: Ask me, and I'll say whether I can rp as them or not.

internetgeek
Massproducer
Massproducer

Post by internetgeek » 16-08-2011 03:25

Estonia in the midst of looking around, noticed India waving at him. To be fair he should wave back, she did have a nice costume after all.Maybe when done with the greeting of Persia, he get a chance to compliment his fellow nation on her outfit.
Resident of the Internet

VanDerZanden

Post by VanDerZanden » 16-08-2011 09:21

Persia had a habit of bear hugging friends back in the day, and not everyone was appreciative of it. India at least was a good sport and even hugged her back. Being appreciated despite being retired (as Persia put it) was a very nice feeling to have. Her empire had been a lot more like a big family; she'd always been happiest when her kids - actual or adopted - had been happy. At least until her Sassanid period; that was a mixed bag for her.

"I see you took costume advice from Romania, eh?" Persia joked to India upon seeing her fangs, laughed and remarked, "Much too long of a time since we last saw each other. We should get some serious catching done! That said, make yourself at home!"

She looked over to Estonia, then back to India as she motioned to the table of food she'd prepared, "Behold! A thousand appetizers of the Persian Empire descend upon you! Their flavors will blot out your taste buds!"

"Seriously, though, take as much as you want. That's what it's there for," Persia added after laughing at her joke, then had a serious look on her face as she added, "I hate that movie, though. Totally inaccurate..."