Hungertalia, anybody?

This is where EVERYONE is allowed to join ALL Roleplays!
The-Queen's-Corsair
Pasta eating beginner
Pasta eating beginner

Post by The-Queen's-Corsair » 25-05-2012 14:17

Angelique Bordeaux - District 4 Tribute - 14 years

"I don't think we should worry about Francis right now.", Angelique murmured, stepping back and returning to the chariot. She rested her hand on the side in a deceptively casual way; covering up the fact that she was indeed trying to steady herself. "Just think about looking good for the audience!"

That's what Francis had told them, and he admittedly gave better advice than their cruel, former mentor of a Career ever did. Neither Angelique or Arthur were Careers; despite hailing from a District wrought with them. Arthur had only volunteered to spare his brother, and Angelique was picked at random. Their mentor's harsh babble about backstabbing and 'weeding out the weak ones' simply wasn't something Angelique had do.

However, their stylist had said to them, that one of the truly important aspects of the Games is before them; when the tributes are given a chance to win over the crowd. This, at the least, was easier. Arthur had his volunteering for that brother of his on his side; as well as a sarcastic wit that could win over quite a lot of people. Meanwhile Angelique, as she was told by Francis, was photogenic and had a sweet disposition. He said that if they played their cards right, an influx of sponsors would be on their way.

She hoped he wasn't lying.

Natalia Arvoskaya - District 2 Tribute

As she was told to "smile for the crowds", her scowl simply deepened. No matter what people said was beneficial, she would never smile in the direction of these spoiled, mindless people. No, she would not be "charming", she would let the Capitol and all of Panem know that she meant business.

"Do not call me 'Nathy'. I will look 'cold' whenever I want to.", she snapped. Yet, when Gilbert told her about what he'd seen of her, her pale lips quirked up in a small little smirk. "It's nice to know that you are so observant, partner."

He was only partially right, though. Most of her rare smiles were devoted to when she made a kill, but some of them were devoted to the small amount of people she wouldn't slaughter if given the chance. Her family.

The family she'd come home to, when she inevitably won.

((After this chariot stuff is over, doesn't the training sessions come next? And then the interviews?))
Main RP Character: England

Minor: Romano; nearly every girl

VanDerZanden
Flying higher! Like a bird!

Post by VanDerZanden » 25-05-2012 23:03

Victoria Fernandez - District 11 Tribute

With everyone just getting ready for whatever came next, Victoria started to feel a bit inadequate. It looked like everyone else had a partner but she hadn't been seen her own lately. Would that mean she had to fight everyone by herself? She really kind of wished her mentor or trainer or someone was around. At least then she wouldn't be standing there representing District 11 alone.

"Can't we get started yet?" she sighed.

SeonDuk "Sunny" Im - District 3 Tribute - 14 years old

"Sunny" had always been a quiet girl, happy to just work on tech in her own little corner. She didn't care to attract so much attention to her; now she was wearing a lighted-up outfit designed to draw attention. If she was going to be here, though, she was going to do her best to come out on top. No tactic would be too dirty, too risky to put to use to come out victorious. The boy from District 3, though, she wasn't so sure about.

"Are you okay?" she asked quietly, "We need to be strong for this.. they'll all be out to get us."
Main RP Characters: Slovakia (F), North Korea (M/F), Mexico (M/F), Bavaria (M/F)

BeyondReaper
Major
Major

Post by BeyondReaper » 30-05-2012 12:31

Francis Bonnefoy - District 4 stylist - 18 years old

Francis had told Angelique that she should focus on the quality she had in her; she was very photogenic. If she focused on that, then she might get enough sponsors to last a long time! Angelique was a nice, sweet girl and it would be a shame to see her killed right at the beginning!
In Francis' opinion, Arthur didn't really need that talk even though he had given it to the boy anyway while he felt at the suit to see if it had no flaws. Arthur had volunteered, which had been a shock to the crowd, which automatically meant they had a certain form of sympathy for him and were very interested.

Feliciano Vergas - District 3 tribute - 14 years old

"V-Ve~... I am scared! I don't want to go into the arena and be killed! I want to do so much more in my life!" He said trembling, tears pricking at the corner of his eyes as he looked at the girl tribute from his district. He had never met her before, and now they were here together.
The poor boy had no idea what to do, to draw who's attention, or even what his specialties were, but he'd try anyway. For his brother.. for his district!
He took a deep breath and straightened himself, forcing the tears away.
"N-No.. I can do this."

Lokynja Jotun - Game Master - 21 years old

With wicked glee, the game master glanced down on the tributes. Her hands were simply itching with need to toy with the unfortunate souls. Oooh if they only knew what plans she had for them in the arena.
"How far are we with the east side of the arena?" She questioned as her dark eyes glanced over to the 3D maps of the arena.
The design was just how she had imagined it.. the big vulcano a little to the west from the centre, the ground a deep red-brownish as result of vulcanic bursts in the precise centre of the arena, was a circle made free from the brunt trees that stood around it in a neat circle. Within the open place where the platforms where the tubes reached out from the dressing rooms down below. The circle had a diameter of 100 meter. After that was a ring of burnt trees about 300 meter in diameter, after which followed a thick forest full of nasty surprises and ways to survive.
The whole design came from Lokynja herself of course and resembled a timebomb quite well, the vulcano being the fuse.
Main RP character: England
Minor characters: France, Lithuania, Italy, Canada, Russia, America
OC's: Costa Rica, Zealand

~Planet Earth I need a friend
'Cause I'm on the outside looking in
I'm an Alien~

VanDerZanden

Post by VanDerZanden » 03-06-2012 21:10

"Sunny" Im - District 3 Tribute - 14 years old

"Don't be scared, they can smell fear on you," Sunny told the boy coldly, noticing with some disdain the tears at the corner of his eyes. This was supposed to be her partner? She'd have to make sure he got tough, since unfortunately her own brother wasn't here.

She hesitated for a moment, not knowing how to comfort someone all that well. In the end she just gave him a pat on the shoulder and nodded. That seemed like a good idea. After that she had no idea how she was supposed to make things better.

"We need sponsors, so be strong. Don't let them see you get all scared, or they'll think you're going to bite it early on," she added, then tried to reassure him with, "Don't worry, I'll kill anyone who tries to hurt you. I mean it. They'll be a fine paste after I'm done."

Then she realized that probably hadn't come out right and frowned, "Anyway, we should know each other's names.. I'm Seon.. you know what? Just call me Sunny. Everyone else does.."
Main RP Characters: Slovakia (F), North Korea (M/F), Mexico (M/F), Bavaria (M/F)

The-Queen's-Corsair
Pasta eating beginner
Pasta eating beginner

Post by The-Queen's-Corsair » 05-06-2012 15:54

((When do you guys want to make posts for the training sessions and interviews and such?))
Main RP Character: England

Minor: Romano; nearly every girl

BeyondReaper
Major
Major

Post by BeyondReaper » 13-06-2012 16:29

((we could possibly skip to there now? No one is really answering here so maybe that will bring in some new idea?))
Main RP character: England
Minor characters: France, Lithuania, Italy, Canada, Russia, America
OC's: Costa Rica, Zealand

~Planet Earth I need a friend
'Cause I'm on the outside looking in
I'm an Alien~