Hungarian-Polish Day [Hungary and Poland]

You wrote a nice story? Share it with us! Don't forget to add the main characters in the title!
Weronikus
Pro-Facepalmer
Pro-Facepalmer

Hungarian-Polish Day [Hungary and Poland]

Post by Weronikus » 04-07-2012 19:00

Alright, well, this is my first fanfiction, might not be nice, and I would like your honest opinions about what I should change or if there are any english mistakes. Well, it starts with the Hungarian Revolution in 1956 and then skips to the XXI century. So, yeah, here it is...

------

Hungary couldn’t take it. She will not be part of another, communist country. She will fight the power. She will not give in. She, along with many other Hungarians, marched through central Budapest. Her eyes were shining with the fire to fight back. And then came the military. But Hungary was not scared. With all her might, she and the rest started fighting. The Hungarian Revolution has begun.

When Poland first heard of what Hungary had done, his heart skipped a beat. He grabbed fistfuls of his hair as he started pacing. ‘Like, totally Hungary, what have you done?!’ He thought to himself. ‘You’re totally in grave danger…’ He went over to one of the windows, which faced the direction of Hungary’s border. He thought he could hear the screams of agony and help… which shall be given. He clenched his fists and turned on his heels. ‘Like, no matter why’ he thought as he left the room with determination ‘Hungary’s revolution is totally my revolution.’
When the word of the Hungarian Revolution came to Poland’s place, he didn’t have to make the people help. They came in swarms, eager to help their long friend. And Poland helped as he could help – not with weapons, but with medicaments. People like him were swarming into hospitals to give blood; more than eleven thousand volunteers came. Then, with many other pilots, Poland flew with the blood supplies, first-aid kits and other medical treatment to Hungary. When he reached the border, he jumped out to be met by her.
“Hungary! Like, what do you think you have totally done?!” He shouted out, angry.
Hungary, deeply scarred, was barely standing, but smiled weakly. “I’m doing what had to be done, Poland. You know I had to.”
“Yes, but, like, now?! You totally know you could’ve been – “
“Don’t give me that crap. I don’t need it right now. Do you think I don’t know what could have happened?” She said weakly. She swayed as she tried to get a step closer.
Poland caught her before she fell. He gently put her on the ground and started treating her wounds. He knew he couldn’t be here long, there were many more supplies waiting to be transported.
Hungary silently accepted Poland’s care. “…Thank you.” She whispered.
Poland looked at her with a faint smile. He couldn’t stay angry at her, let alone when she had that face. “Hey, like, we’re friends, right? And we are totally going to beat those meanies.” He said gently. He helped her up, before briefly hugging her. “I, like, totally have to go. But I’ll be, like, back soon with totally more stuff you’ll need.” He said, before jumping back to the plane, which had already been emptied of supplies.
Hungary watched Poland leave, then looked around. Poland was a great help – the blood and other medical supplies were now being used by other Hungarians treating each other. She got over to some of them who needed help.

-------------------------------------------

“Like, gotcha!” Poland laughed in Hungary’s ear, as he caught her shoulders.
Hungary jumped slightly at the surprise attack, much to Poland’s delight.
“I’ve totally scared you, right?” He said, walking to her front.
“You sure have. Actually, there was something I wanted to talk to you about.” Hungary said.
“Like, what? Have you, like, totally got a present for me, huh?” Poland said excitedly.
Hungary laughed a little, and patted his shoulder. “Not exactly, no. But it is something for us.”
“Like, tell me already! I’m totally growing impatient!” Poland said, mockingly stomping his foot.
“Alright, alright! Jeez, you can be unbearable sometimes.” She rolled her eyes. “I wanted to tell you that I have been thinking of our past.” She started.
Poland was a bit puzzled. “And, like, what?” He asked curiously.
“And, as we have gone through a lot together, I wanted to make a special day just for us.” She said, smiling.
“A special day? Like, to celebrate our past?” Poland had an idea as to where this was going.
“Yes, but not only. Also to celebrate the future.” She took in a deep breath. “The Hungarian-Polish Friendship Day.” She said. “What do you think?”
Poland took her hand and kissed it lightly before looking at her. “I think” he started, smiling “that it is a totally great idea.”
“I totally think so too.” Hungary said, mimicking his accent, before giving him a big hug.
Poland hugged her back, and stayed in this position for a few minutes. “We, like totally have been through a lot, haven’t we? Ever since the Middle Ages…” He said over her shoulder.
“Yes, yes we have.” She answered, smiling.
-----------

A little explanation to those who might not know:

During Hungary's Revolution, about 11 196 volunteers came to donate their blood - some even made the nurses take blood from kids younger than 15, the limimt of giving blood. Other than that, Poland sent 44 tons of meds and first-aid things by air to Hungary, and more by railway and roads. In fact, it surpassed America in helping Hungary.

The friendship between these two countries has in fact existed since the Middle Ages. Other than a few mishaps, the friendship is still strong. Both sides are loyal, like shown here and when USSR wanted to invade poland in 1939, Hungary, even though it was on USSR's side, firmly stated it will not help in beating Poland.

In 2007, 12 march Hungary announced 23 march as the Day of Hungarian-Polish Friendship, with 324 votes in favor and none opposed. Four days later, the Polish parliament declared March 23 the Day of Polish-Hungarian Friendship by acclamation.
“If my life is going to mean anything, I have to live it myself.” - Rick Riordan, "The Lightning Thief"
-----
Main character: Poland
Other character: Australia