earthquake

You wrote a nice story? Share it with us! Don't forget to add the main characters in the title!
ainkheex
Pasta eating beginner
Pasta eating beginner

earthquake

Post by ainkheex » 19-07-2012 09:14

How long before an earthquake can animals predict? I live in California, so we get a lot of earthquakes here. I've heard that animals could predict an earthquake before it happens, but I don't know how long before. My parrot has been squawking a lot when we pet him, and my dog has been barking like crazy. So: How long before an earthquake do animals start acting off? I just want time to prepare in case one happens.

Weronikus
Pro-Facepalmer
Pro-Facepalmer

Post by Weronikus » 22-07-2012 13:46

Probably no more than a few minutes to a minute bgefore it happens... I mean, they probably hear the lower sounds that we don't here and feel the earth moving before we do. So, in my opinion, once you see some suspicious movement or noise coming from their direction, start preparing immediately.
Then again, I live in a no-earthquake zone, so I don't know much about stuff to do with them.
“If my life is going to mean anything, I have to live it myself.” - Rick Riordan, "The Lightning Thief"
-----
Main character: Poland
Other character: Australia