Bank on Asia (North Korea & Mongolia)

The Straight section where you can add your soft straight related love. This does not include any sexual themes. Finished roleplays shall be moved to "Finished Roleplays"
Cakiepie
Pasta eating beginner
Pasta eating beginner

Bank on Asia (North Korea & Mongolia)

Post by Cakiepie » 09-01-2013 03:57

Eeek, forgot to put this, this is a Mongolia!Freidnship!North Korea story with ChinaxNorth Korea and RussiaxMongolia on the side~.

Summary: In World Academy, two popular students, and long time “friends”, China and Russia, gets into an argument that starts a competition on who influences all of Asia; the bet is to gather the most Asian nations they can, and at the end of the school year, the country with the most members in their Clique, wins, the loser must forfeiting their “control” on the nations they have, and humiliatingly admit the winner is the Ruler of Asia.

The school year ends, yet the competition is left as a draw, since both Cliques have equal members; starting next school year, China decides to invite an Asian nation that hadn't yet been accepted to World Academy, only to find out that Russia has already planned the same. With all of Asia now “conqueror”, and the two competitors still in their stand still, China and Russia sees no other choice but to steal from the competition.

Mongolia, who's in Russia's group, has been past friends with North Korea, who's in China's group, with the two finally able to rekindle their lost friendship thanks to the rare chance at entering World Academy together, both nations has no idea of the plans China and Russia has of them, and that their friendship would be used to unwittingly recruit the other, so that this bet can finally have a winner.

Extra: China and his group will be in Red, Russia and his group will be in Blue.
Mongolia will be in the normal color of this site. I sincerely hope this doesn't kill our eyes...

~*~*~*~

China smiled at the chattering nations in the cafeteria, not the cafeteria in whole, but just the group at his table; the group in the Asia continent. Every Asian nation—students of World Academy, rather—sat at this table, from Japan down to Philippines, over to Turkey down to Yamen; though it's never been spoken (who is he kidding? He says it all the time!) China was like, is, the leader of these nations. The emperor, the originator, the 'Big Brother', China sent off his humans to create the countries that were now dinning with him, and those that weren't directly from him, were from a country that was directly from him. China was like their father, in a sense, but that word made him feel old, so he rather they called him Big Brother ('Ruler' seemed to put them off, since that whole newfangled phase of 'independence' struck the lot of them).

“Hmm...? Aiya~, pei,” Taiwan was looking over China's shoulder to stare at his plate, only to give a sound of disgust, which sounded more exasperated than actual distaste, “you're eating congee again?” Taiwan sat back in her seat, her face was dry set, mentally berating herself as if she should have expected what she saw.

China hunched his shoulders over his plate instinctively, caught off guard by the female nation's invasion and insult, “I have xián yā dàn, this time, aru...” China told, shooting the female a glare as she stared at him knowingly, congee was a rather poor dish, and he has been eating it the past week of school, actually, since the first day of school, two weeks had already gone by. “Besides... stir fry's getting rather expensive, aru...” China mumbled, his lips poking out in a pout.

Like this one, here, that sat directly on his left, Taiwan, she was so adorable, taking his name like that, it was funny that she thought she was actually just as important as he was; sure, she took a rather important title from him, but the 'Republic of China' was an obsolete thought that he didn't need in the first place, if she wanted to recycle his garbage, then by all means... However, Taiwan was smart enough to leave him out of her claim, the nation liked to think that she was the 'original' China, or rather the new direction for the country, but she always remembered her place around him, the subject was almost ignored (on her side, rather, China didn't mind reminding her that he was, and always will be, the mainlands).

Why, sometimes China would affectionately call her what he remembered her by, Formosa, a name that did nothing but make her angry... which is why he'd say it. Though often he'd only do so when she really got on his nerves, and dealing with the whole of Asia, it was a lot that could get on one's nerves, and so only through experience did China learn to have better discipline over his emotions and actions, making it harder to really tick someone like him off.

“Ehu, hu, hu, hu~.” China froze, he knew that laughter anywhere, actually, even if he didn't know that laughter, the frosty tone beneath it would certainly cause anyone to freeze, startled. “It's not going to be too hot, is it...?” Directly across the table from China, there, sat Russia. Russia, sitting at China's table—it was never said aloud, but it was China's table, he was the first to sit there, and the nations just flocked over—what was he doing here?!

“Ha, ha, ha~, you could always dress cooler, take your scarf off before you come.” Thailand answered to Russia, and that made China frown, those too were a little too buddy buddy for China's liking, but China just always assumed Thailand was too much of a pushover, and didn't know how to keep Russia's visits at bay, like he did.

Hee, you say that all the time. You know I cannot.” Russia told, his eyes were closed merrily like a cat, a comfortable cat that shouldn't even be here.

“You can't tell me you can't take that thing off. And so do you, ke, ha, ha, ha~.” Thailand grinned, yanking at his uniform collar, as if coaxing Russia to try and do the same, but Russia just continued to grin, his large shoulders trembling from the deep laughter in his gut; those two were really yucking it up together...

“How—when did you get here, aru?!” China cried out.

He couldn't believe it, how did he not see that large nation siting right across from him, towering over everyone, well, except for Turkey, but China sat on the furthest east of the table, where many of the shorter Asian nations resided, so since Turkey was further west down the table, it seemed as if Russia towered over him; sure, China was taller than many of them, too, but unlike Russia, China looked a more natural, like an Emperor amongst bowed heads, Russia, on the other hand, looked as strange as an icy mountain growing amongst hills of gold.

Russia was going to respond to Thailand's comment, but China's outburst had cut him off, opening his eyes, it made him look a lot less marry than before, but Russia's countenance was just as pleasant as it always was, no show of if he was annoyed or not as he smiled hollowly. “Huh, I've been at this table since lunch started...?” Russia explained, closing his eyes again, he then titled his head to the side, looking like a puppy more than the cat his expression told, “You didn't see me?” Russia laughed out, the laughter pointed out how impossible such a thing could be.

How could anyone miss something so large, was what China wanted to point out, but instead, he kept his composure, “Ah, really? I've hadn't notice, aru.” China admitted, keeping his polite facade, until his first outburst of rudeness was adequately forgotten.

China smiled, but one corner of his mouth was slightly higher than the other, a hint of a smirk that only Russia could tell since he sat across from China, able to look directly into China's face, “I don't exactly remember you being apart of this table the past few years; what happened to 'your' table, aru?” with the Westerners? Only Russia could catch that meaning, the two were friends, and like friends, they had little secret tones and words that reminded them of past events.

Russia opened his eyes, “I've visited in the past.” Russia corrected. He continued to look pleasant, but, like China's smile, Russia's eyes held a hint of mockery in them, that could only be caught with direct eye contact. “And, actually, I've been sitting here for lunch since the beginning of this school year. Hu, hu, hu~, you really hadn't notice?” Russia outright laughed, as it was true, he had been sitting in that very spot this starting year, watching China's eyes survey the table, like a noble watching the masses. China blushed, embarrassed, he couldn't tell, but it didn't seem like Russia was lying to him (China had a rather good judgment of these things), even now, he didn't see when Russia sat down before him, so did he really overlook the nation for two whole weeks? “And can't I sit here? I'm Asian, too, you know.” Russia told, he didn't laugh, for he wasn't joking.

“Are you serious, aru?” China growled out dryly, as if what Russia said was completely preposterous. This made China rather angry, and a frown marred his face, under the table his fist clenched, he didn't know what Russia had planned, but he knew this game, and had a good idea where it was going. “You. are. not.”

“I'm half.” Russia admitted, then his face looked rather troubled, though all a facade. “Oh, or do you think just because I didn't 'originate' from you,” Russia poked China's cheek, and China swatted at him, “it mean's I'm not?” Russia smiled, condescending child like wonder in his eyes, at the end.

“You're not—at all—aru.” China said, his words were final, and held no room for argument. “Why are you being so interested now, anyways? Did the Occidentals finally become smart and kick you out, aru?” China joked. He wasn't joking.

“Not nice, Kitay.” Russia whined, squirming in his seat, pretending, dramatically, to be hurt by China's 'joke'.

Don't call me that!” China said quickly, shuddering at the pet name, nations using their home language to call China's name was too close to actual friendship, he'd rather countries like Russia use his official name when speaking to him.

Russia ignored him, “I'm very much Asian, you're the only one uncomfortable by it.” Russia said, looking around. China followed Russia's vision, China saw how no one seemed to shudder from Russia's presences like he was, they didn't even glance their way, as if Russia was a natural, frequent, student at their table. “It's nothing wrong with being half Asian and half European; I like it, it's like I have influence over both continents, ehu, hu, hu.” Russia joked. He wasn't joking.

“Aiya, you always act as if you own everything, aru,” China huffed, his glare turned icy, “stay out of my continent.” China warned quietly.

Your continent?” Russia looked genuinely confused, but China knew it wasn't genuine. Russia than closed his eyes with another cat like smile, and tapped the nation next to him, which was currently Vietnam. Stoically, she looked up at the taller nation, chopsticks hovering above her meal, (she was about the only one eating and not chatting to other nations), “I'm coming over your house this summer, Vietnam. Ah, but I'm visiting Thai's house then, too, oh, I guess I can just come in July, instead—so July it is then, don't forget.” Russia told, rambling to himself, until he came up with a good conclusion on his own.

Vietnam listened to him thoughtfully, and then she nodded in agreement and went back to her meal. Normally China would have brushed this off, thinking that Vietnam was too easy, she was a pretty friendly nation and often kept quiet, but come to think of it, she and Russia did have a very strong bond in the past; Russia's point was clear, he had some sort a influence over China's nations, be it slim—China was certain of that—it was still one too many for China's liking.

The bell rung, and lunch was over, and as the cafeteria cleared out, Russia and China walked besides each other, covertly continuing their conversation, “If you think you have as much power over them as I do, you are wrong, aru...” China started, his voice was low so any outsiders wouldn't pick up on the conversation, he even looked forward as if he wasn't speaking to Russia at all.

“There's no need to be paranoid, Zhōngguó, it's not unusual for old countries to loose their control over a large continent; I don't think you'll disappear like Roma...” Russia told, speaking so casually, voice sounding so honest, even though he practically stated that China would soon be a fallen country, unneeded—plus he just called China old.

China faltered his facade a moment, and jerked his head to gap at Russia in disbelief, but then he composed himself as they continued walking to class, and glared forward once more. Are you trying to say that you have more control over Asia than I do, aru?!” China hissed harshly—he couldn't believe this.

“Oh, I'm not trying.” I'm showing, China could just hear it trailing behind Russia's words.

Saw deh lar—How... how dare you... you can't... you—why are you still following me, aru?!” China cried out at the end, turning to look up at Russia in disbelief, China's class was just down this hall, Asia hall, no where near Europe hall, Africa hall split Europe's and Asia's hall apart, Russia should have long since split from him.

Russia just looked down at China with a closed mouth smile, a knowing look beaming from his face, when they reached the classroom (everyone already inside due to the two's slow pace), China slammed his palm onto the wall, blocking Russia from continue walking. “No way...” China said, looking down at the floor, his hand shaking in strain as he clenched his fingers, like he was trying to ball up the wall in his fist.

“Ah, you really hadn't notice.” Russia grinned, and China collapsed against the wall, smacking his forehead to it in defeat; he had never notice Russia in Asia class—China was one hundred percent certain that Russia had been in Europe class the first few years they had been here, China had once walked Russia there—but come to think of it, the past weeks of class had felt very annoying for some reason. Russia patted the back of China's head soothingly.

“Asia nations are very friendly, they listen easily and are good at following the rules.” Russia complimented, but it sounded more like he was shopping for pets, or rather, that he had already done the shopping, and was just writing a review.

“Let's make a bet...” China mumbled, face still pressed to the wall; Russia's eyes flew back down too look at the top of China's head, they seemed to shadow over when he narrowed them, his tiny smile still on his face though; this time Russia was honestly confused.

~*~*~*~

Name: Mongol Uls
Appearance: Mongol stands at a tall 170.18/ 5'7ft cm, with the weight of 58.9 kg/130 lbs; her form is slim, but rather muscular, and though she's trying to become more western, Mongol still wears oversize shirts and sweaters, with the sleeves dragging over her hands, an innate sense of fashion to make her hands look smaller; her nails are painted black, and are in an acrylic styled square cut.

Her skin is a pale white, that changes with the climate, it'll always stay pale, but sometimes she can turn a cold purple, or a warm pink at sensitive points like her face and finger tips. Mongol's eyes are a really dark red, that shows as a rust color when in the light, at a far away glance, they are just pitch black. She has a cut on her left eyebrow, and multiple scars on her legs, which is why she can be seen wearing stockings when dealing with short dresses or skirts.

For a while now, she's been in the tradition of cutting her hair, and doesn't allow it to grow any longer than the top of her shoulders; it's a hair ceremony she do that are known mostly to be done with Mongolian children, but Mongol does this every two years. Mongol keeps her hair in a pressed bob, a pink peony flower can bee seen over her left ear.

Independence Day: November 26 (No matter what the Chinas may think...)
Clique: Eurasia
Leader: Rossiyskaya Federatsiya
Personality: Mongol is nurturing person, she likes to take the Big Sister role frequently, especially towards people who she can relate to; she can be mother hen or a mother bear, it depends on what the situation calls for. Mongol's not a leader, but she would help the new members of the group, and can be a teacher if a leader is not present. This strong desire to help friends is equal to her strong desire to crush her enemies; what this means is Mongol can be very loyal, almost blindingly so, but she can also hold a rather mean grudge, so impressions are very important around her, as a good one can bring out her unfailing devotion, while a bad one may cause a hate vendetta for all of eternity.

Being an unpopular nation, Mongol doesn't exactly care about the students opinion of her, what she does is honest, and if nations don't like it, then it just isn't meant to be. That being said, she's ready to defend those who are prone for rumors, she doesn't believe anything about another person unless she was told directly by them, or saw so herself. Mongol always supports her friends, and if something controversial is being said of them, she would defend them first, then ask questions later.

History: Mongol was once under the “tutelage” of China, who she always saw as a bossy, domineering nation. She could instantly tell the nature of China, and knew that he wanted to keep her an underdeveloped country so that she couldn't rise and walk in the footsteps of her late father. At a chance breakaway, during a time when China fell seriously ill, Mongol struggled to live on her own, until she stumbled upon Russia, who despite their turmoil past created by her father, seemed to hold no grudge with her, and actually took her under his wing; Mongol then become apart of the Soviet Union.

Mongol's friendship with North Korea was brought by their mutual connection of Russia's Union, when North Korea joined Soviet Russia's house, Mongol was one of the first countries to welcome her with open arms; not exactly a teacher, though Mongol helped her fit in with the growing Union. Sadly, when Russia grew sick, and his Union disbanded, Mongol's connection not only faltered from Russia, but also from North Korea, and many other countries after. Russia being her sole supporter at the time, his sickness was also her vulnerability, and China didn't hesitate to exploit it, bringing Mongol once again under his full control.

Mongol was very surprised to receive Russia's help, though of course she called for it, she just really hadn't expect a response; Russia coming to her aid had created her undying loyalty of that nation, and her certainty that he always had her best interest in mind. Mongol had hoped to lose all ties with her old mentor, once and for all, only to find that China was still very much friends with Russia, and that his friendship with Russia was the only reason she was able to escape her dependence. Russia continues to request that Mongol be cordial with China, and though she complies, Mongol doesn't hesitate to let China know their “friendship” and her tolerance of him is only to make Russia happy.

One day, Mongol received two letters in the mail, one signed “WA”, and the other “RF”; the first was a letter accepting her into the prestigious World Academy in the Americas—America's land, specifically—and the other she knew was from Russia, and had opened first, finding that he had granted her enrollment into the school. Ecstatic to finally having the privilege to meet new countries, Mongol heartily accepted, searching for Russia on the first day, and following him around as he showed her the ropes.

Extra: Though Mongol may not be the most important member in Russia's Clique, she likes to play as his right hand man from time to time, and usually when Russia wants something done, he comes to her for her hand and support.
Main Roleplay Character: Mongolia(OFC)
Minor Roleplay Character: Mongol Empire(OMC)

VanDerZanden
Flying higher! Like a bird!

Post by VanDerZanden » 09-01-2013 10:48

Name: Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk, colloquially known as Chosŏn
Appearance: Chosŏn is fairly short and slender, standing only 5'2" and weighing a little under 110 lbs. Physically she's a little underdeveloped for a girl her age, and as a result is often mistaken for being a few years younger than her true age. Her face looks remarkably like her brother's, albeit more rounded and effeminate. Still somewhat tradition-minded she keeps her brownish-black hair long, currently hanging to the small of her back; often it is tied back in a braid with a pair of red ribbons.

Due to spending most of her time indoors Chosŏn has a pale complexion of her own and is rumored to sunburn badly as a result. Her default expression is half stoic and half angry, which tends to drive people away. At best she usually looks pouty and this does not help the misconception about her age. Chosŏn's grey eyes give an air of intelligence and curiosity, often being the only reliable indicator of her mood.

Fashion is something almost entirely alien to Chosŏn. Keeping up with it would be too Western, so she has no idea what would be fitting for her physique. Stubborn as she is, Chosŏn wears a thin red scarf with nearly every outfit including her World Academy uniform.

Independence Day: September 9
Clique: Asia
Leader: Zhōnghuá Rénmín Gònghéguó
Personality: Chosŏn is a quiet, introverted girl for whom family comes first and foremost. She's never really been very good in large scale social situations and therefore is still unsure how she should act around other nations. Anything to do with her brother is a sensitive matter and more often than not will provoke a militant response from her. This can range from name calling to actually throwing crumpled pieces of paper at someone or shooting bottle rockets at them. Despite her lack of social graces Chosŏn has a strong personal identity, though warped a bit by her latest 'bosses'.

Slow to trust anyone, she gets suspicious of anyone trying to get too close to her (or her brother) and will act cold in response to them. Once she deems someone worthy of trust, she's a pretty loyal friend all the same; often she'll still be critical of them if she thinks they're doing things wrong. She can be remarkably stubborn when she thinks she's right about something, and will go to great lengths to avoid admitting being in the wrong. Almost everyone else thinks she's weird, and as a result of her nature is possibly the most unpopular nation in Asia. When someone does go to the trouble of befriending her, Chosŏn deeply treasures it. Even if she doesn't show it openly as often as she should.

History: Chosŏn lived in one home with her brother for a very long time, and for the most part things were wonderfully pleasant. They might have fights every now and then - mainly about whose current dynasty was the best - but whenever some bigger nation tried to take over their place the siblings would band together. Ostensibly they were under China's influence most of the time, though the siblings would make fun of their 'overlord' behind his back. Chosŏn was at her happiest growing up alongside her brother, but things started getting complicated when China grew deathly ill.

To put a long story short, Japan came in and announced that the Koreans were living in his place instead of on their own. This had been attempted before, and Chosŏn was furious at the suggestion. When Japan had been defeated she'd hoped to live peacefully with her brother again, but then America showed up to (in her eyes) take that brother away. Not knowing what else to do she attempted to forcefully make South Korea move back into a shared home. America and other Westerners responded by teaming up against her, embedding a deep distrust of the West in her ever since. Russia had become a good friend by encouraging her to stand up on her own, inviting her to move into the Soviet sphere as it were.

China had come to her rescue, scaring off America and his Western buddies - which somewhat changed Chosŏn's perspective on him. Sure he still thought he was superior, but he'd saved her alongside Russia. Around this time she attempted to make friends with other nations living with Russia; Mongol was the first to welcome her. This made the two good friends, as she felt Mongol was one of the only ones who got her.

When Russia fell ill and the Union collapsed, she saw efforts of the others to Westernize as nearly treasonous. Mongol's attempts to befriend Western nations caused a rift between the two; North Korea simply stopped talking to pretty much everybody around this time. Only China was willing to still be her friend, no matter how she lashed out publicly when her brother did things she thought were stupid. For her China became a new protector - though she'd never admit to needing protection - after Russia had abandoned her. For a while she was content to sit in her home, spying on her brother's activities and visiting China occasionally.

Getting in touch with North Korea was always difficult, and usually required China acting as an intermediary. Chosŏn developed a few tenuous ties to former Union states, as well as an odd report with England of all people. Being poor as she is, she often had to borrow food and money from other people, though again never admitting she has problems.

When China sent a letter informing her that he'd gotten her into America's World Academy, Chosŏn was very confused. Why would she ever want to study there, where that bully and his friends attended school? Getting a letter with America's seal of approval for her admission to the school was just as confounding. Then, realizing her brother attended the academy and that China would be there to talk to, she reluctantly agreed to go. She insisted on getting her own seat on the plane over, still wore her old red scarf around her neck even after receiving a school uniform, and for the first couple of weeks hid in the shadows, so to speak. Staying in her room was pretty common, even if it meant not attending classes. But at China's encouragement and insistence, Chosŏn has started appearing more frequently. Even if it is hiding behind him half the time, and glaring at others the other half.
Extra: Chosŏn is oddly fond of art and music, and can be found practicing both in her spare time. She honestly cares deeply about her brother, and even secretly follows the same media he does. Her hobbies include building bottle rockets, science in general and reading. A little known secret is that she's got a bit of a sweet tooth and highly prizes ChocoPies, a snack her brother occasionally sends her as a peace offering.
Main RP Characters: Slovakia (F), North Korea (M/F), Mexico (M/F), Bavaria (M/F)

Cakiepie
Pasta eating beginner
Pasta eating beginner

Post by Cakiepie » 11-01-2013 13:02

Mongol opened the flap door to her ger, and carried tin buckets down the length of one arm, which was really only about three. Walking to the front, she watched as cows, goats, and other farm animals roamed the pasture freely; yes, they were hers, and no, they weren't exactly free, of course, they can walk literally wherever they pleased, but these were her lands, and she'd find them anywhere, she could spot them literally a mile away. Going over to a cow, she placed one bucket near her, and left to place another near a sheep, and the last at a goat, who she sat by to milk.

Mongol heard a familiar whistle, and looked up from her work, “Sain bain uu, Ms. Mongol Uls!” A native called, walking up to her, but stopping a few yards away out of respect, knowing not to spoke her animals. “I've got some letters for you.”

Mongol left the goat where she stood, and went to the messenger, she ushered him into her ger, shared a bit of salted tea, and gave him a few milk candies, all while having casual conversation, even though she was certain that he was probably busy and needed to leave; she was sure he only stayed out of respect. When the messenger was gone, Mongol surveyed the letters, and gasped to see one was from Russia, the other an unknown symbol and address, though looked to be from the English. Even though receiving a letter, instead of a visit, felt cold and business like, Mongol was just glad that Russia was attempting to keep in touch.

The letter was actually warmer than she expected, and her smile when reading it wasn't unfounded:

Privet moya dorogaya,

It's been a long time, hasn't it? I wish I could tell you this in person, but I'll be very busy these next few weeks preparing, though the good news is that you will be too. Do you know what World Academy is? You told me you signed up for it every year, right? I spoke with Mr. Ameriká, and we agreed that you can be accepted into his little shkoelá come this year. You know what time it starts, da? Of course, Mr. Ameriká will be sending you letter soon too, he'll explain all you will be needing to know.

I'll be there during the first landing of the planes, when you get to the Amerikás, I'll meet you at the airport, and we can ride to the shkoelá together. I'll help you settle in, and we can catch up on old times, how does that sound? Ni pukha, ni pyera!

Tseluyu, dorogaya. ~Rossiyskaya Federatsiya

Mongol stared confusedly at the ending, Russia had written so causally, but signed his name rather formally, he was a strange nation indeed, but Mongol was excited about what she read; she'd be getting into the academy (which had to be what the other letter was about), and she'd receive guidance from Russia in person, it felt like a dream. Opening the next letter, she noted the paper was rather plain, and the text looked small, but as she read, she felt a strong personality emit from it:

Dear Mongol Uls,

I congratulate you on your acceptance into World Academy. I looked over your transcript and can agree that you'll be a fine student for my school. It is a boarding school, so please remember to pack everything you feel you may need as you make your journey to my home. The school will provide room and board, along with meal and other learning essentials, on the second page, there is a list of what the school supplies, and what you'll need to bring. Pets are allowed, but please only one, furthermore, please register any animals you may bring, for you will have a roommate, and we don't want to upset wildlife management.

Hahaha, thank you for showing interest in my school. USA

It was amazing how America said 'I' and 'my' mainly through the whole of the paper, to see him make a privilege like this for the whole world, all on his own, was a wonder, and for it to be so prestigious, too... guess you can't really judge a person... Mongol knew America didn't care if she really got into the school, she knew Russia had probably strong-armed him into pushing her to the top of the register in the first place, despite what they both say of this so called 'agreement' and 'decisions'. “He actually wrote 'Hahaha'...” Mongol mumbled, his initials were also just one large, red, white and blue—faded—stamp.

Mongol found herself on a plane flying to World Academy's lands, the plan was filled with just the Asian nations; the letter had told her the supplies she would need to pack, and where she'd need to go if she wanted to fly to America's school for free. There would be a set time for the special plane's trips, and Mongol jumped on the first one, mainly because she didn't have many thing to pack, but also because she was impatient and wished to get there as soon as possible; plus, Russia told her the date he planned to arrive in America, and Mongol sent a letter stating she'll make the first plan trip like he wanted.

The plane held many of the northwestern Asian nations, Turkey, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Kazakhstan, and Kyrgyzstan; it wasn't many, and there were a lot of bare seats, but Mongol was sure the second plane would have the southern nations, then the eastern ones, if there were a pattern to these things. Mongol didn't speak to any of them, but she sat next to Turkey, and an awkward family moment occurred for a few minutes, with the rest of the ride left in strained silence.

Even though they were all headed in the same place, when the plane touched down, each nation split in different directions (though Turkey did give Mongol an affectionate pat on the shoulder before he left). Walking with her luggage, Mongol spotted Russia looking at tourist brochures, Mongol wanted to surprise him as she approached, but Russia turned before she got a yard within range, and waved a greeting at her.

Like he said, the two rode to the school, though the Baltic nations were there along with Russia's sisters. Lithuanian chauffeured Russia and Mongol, while Estonia drove in the car trailing behind them, chauffeuring Latvia, and Russia's sisters, actually just Ukraine, Belarus refused to ride without Russia, so she was actually sleeping on his arm, clutching it like a Teddy bear.

“Why are you going to Asia class? You should be in Europe class with me, big brother, why—why are you walking to Asia class and not coming with me? You should be with me, big brother, be with me, me, why are you doing this to me~!” Her words started off calm (of course in her natural dark tone) if not slightly pouty, but as she continued to speak, her words became angered, sped up, and quickly melted into tortured angst.

Belarus was not happy about Russia's transfer at all, not the first year, and not come this second year, either; Russia had told Lithuania to keep her at bay, which is why Lithuania stood behind her now, though he seemed a bit reluctant to drag her away, like he was told to, either from fear or distaste gaining her slight.

“Come on, Ms. Baltarusija, we should get to class, now...” Lithuania said quietly, but Belarus' constant 'Why?'s in different tones and pitch drowned his words out.

“Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Whywhywhywhywhywhy~?” Belarus continued, her fist were clenched at her chest, her face first contorting that of sadness, then anger, then cunning, then anger again, then back into cunning, like she was thinking of a plan, and trying to figure out if it was good or not, crossing off anything that didn't work.

Russia and Mongol just watched in awe, slowly Russia's face morphed into disturbed fear as her 'why's grew more frosty, an eery wind blowing. Russia cried out after he couldn't take anymore, “Get away!” Russia shouted, which would have been a confusing thing to say at the time, if Belarus hadn't crouched right after and lunged for him.

The good news was that Russia took off before Belarus could pounce on him, the bad news was that Mongol and Lithuania had lost their desired companions. Standing on campus, Lithuania and Mongol watched the trail of havoc the two left behind them, and noted that they had went around the school building, and not inside like they should have (Russia obviously running blindly).

“... I'll show you to your dorm if you want...” Lithuania said, even though he sounded as if the situation didn't effect him, she could see he, too, was disturbed.

“... Okay...” Mongol accepted the polite gesture, even though she didn't want to.

Packed, settled, a map of the academy, along with the 'classes' she'd be taking, Mongol was ready to leave from her room. Exiting the female area of Asia Class dorm hall, Mongol paused at the entrance, looking at the eight hall ways—Africa Hall, America Hall, Asia Hall, and Europe Hall, each with male and female sides—she wanted to find Russia, but she didn't know where to begin, in the card ride here, Russia explained to her that he transferred to Asia Class, that he'd be in all of her classes now, but he didn't make it clear if his room would be in male dorm hall of Asia class, or if he'd kept his old Europe dorm room.

Mongol stepped out of the way to let a few of the Asian female nations pass by, but through her distracted search of the map, she kept stepping back in the way to block the hall entrance.

~*~*~

China made it to the airport just in time for the first trip, he was packed, had his things ready, and prepared to the point of being overboard, but China was not going to board the plane. The thing was, China wasn't going to get on the plane until the third flight—the last flight—which was set for take off at three o'clock. Though China was always punctual, an innate habit he acquired a very long time ago, he always got on for the last flight because he'd like to watch all the Asian nations make their trip safe and comfortably. Everyone knew China as the doting big brother (whether they wanted it or not), and it was apart of China's code of honor to look after all the Asians, make sure they were prepared; did they pack the right necessities? If not, he had it; did they bring good quality food? If not, he had it; did they remember to take with them something nostalgic, a little trinket to remember home? If not, he had that, too (though the authenticity of it...). The item booth, he was currently maintain, that they needed to purchase from if they did happen to require his assistance, didn't take away from the value of his love for them—love had a price, you know~!

No, the real reason China stayed for the third flight, the reason that didn't start until very recently, was so that he could survey the competition. China hadn't notice it the first time he boarded for America's school, but ever since he started that bet, he notice that the countries Russia influenced, code named Russia's 'friends', like to ride the first flight, the second flight was filled with the nations that were a mixture of 'his' and 'Russia”s' friends—the second flight was always the fullest—the third flight was usually with China's nations, because China always took the third flight (knowing everyone left safely), and his “friends”, naturally, rode with him. The last flight also held the nations that 'stayed out of it', there were only a few people that had a hint of China's and Russia's game (no one out right new what it was about), but those old nations that new of the two, they new that China and Russia was prone to starting little bets like this, and seeing who was the most popular.

After a year of this game running, the nations that didn't want any part of it was currently India, Japan, and South Korea; this issue left Russia and China at a draw, they practically had all the nations rounded up, and those that weren't in their clique was the three mentioned above, or nations that didn't attend World Academy. But China always had a card up his sleeve, what Russia didn't know was that America was in debt to China, if China, say... wanted to invite another Asian nation to the school...? America wouldn't mind making it happen. Sure, it was just one more nation, but it would make China the winner when school let out, and with the nation he had in mind, she'd actually be a prize of two nations!

North Korea, China had thought of her instantly when he came up with the idea to invite an outside nation; her loyalties was still to him, and not only would she top the scores in his favor, but she'd also secure him the uncertain North Korea as well (China had really thought he'd have him when Taiwan 'joined'). Though the two seemed distant, and liked to argue, China new from experience that if South Korea saw his big sister hanging out with China in school, he'd flock over, either intentionally, or subconsciously wanting to reconnect with his distant kin.

So, amidst the selling of his Chinese goods, China was truly waiting for North Korea to enter the airport, there were three planes to hold the Asian nations, but there was only one airport; located in China's capital, Beijing. His humans had watched the nations make their way into his airport, they all looked like foreign exchange students, going to some fancy uniform school, with their red and blue plaid. It was an aura around the nations that distinctively placed them apart from humans, and getting too close could give a feeling of culture shock, unless they were apart of that country.

It probably registered in some of the human's eyes that these were nations walking through the airport, either by their alluring quality, or the fact that China—who many were accustom to—himself had on his own blue plaid uniform. China spotted the Northwestern nations as they came in with their silk and scarfs, people would know them as the Middle East, mainly because Asia was a truly large continent (one of the many reasons China and Russia coveted their loyalty) and needed breaking up to really understand it all. China didn't care too much for them, they weren't as in tune with him as the further Eastern nations were, though with a twist of his lips, China wondered if it was because they always favored Russia more...? China didn't feel too threaten, sure, Turkey was slightly a shock, with his and Russia's dark past together, but the two's relationship seemed to be improving drastically, and it made China wonder at the methods Russia use.

China didn't see India among them, like he thought, but he did see someone he didn't expect, though he should have. It was no coincident Mongol was at the airport, sporting a freshly bought female uniform. China knew all of the Asian nations that were accepted into World Academy (if not just their names), but he knew for a fact Mongol hadn't been one of them; Russia had to of invited her, he didn't see America letting her in any time soon since her independence was wobbly, thanks to Taiwan, but here she was.

China sucked through his teeth, had Russia thought the same as him? And with Mongol, what was he planning? It didn't matter, North Korea had accepted to come, and good thing too, with her, he'd have South Korea, making him still one over Russia; now, that's what you call good planning. China watched as Mongol instantly boarded the plain (Kyrgyzstan had came and bought a dim sum from him), she had some nerve, not coming to greet him like that, where was her neighborly manners?

Hours past, and the second plane was full like he had thought it would be; India was there, along with Japan, the two had talked the moment they walked through the doors, to the moment they were on the plane out of China's earshot. Hong Kong was there, too, he seemed a bit distant, but he never stepped out of China's reach, especially when partnered with Taiwan, so he didn't mind that he got on the plane without China—Taiwan would board the last plan, like always, China thinks she's trying to study him. There were a few more countries buddied with Russia, Vietnam and Thailand for example—those two sent a stab of betrayal through China's heart.

By the looks of it, the last plane would be pretty empty, with only a few of China's group (they had unexpectedly taken the second plane), probably one or two of Russia's nations, if China counted right. That was good, that meant China could focus on just North Korea on the plane ride, and if luck was a caring mistress, his interaction with North Korea would call South Korea over, for South Korea had, luckily, not showed up for the second flight.

VanDerZanden

Post by VanDerZanden » 12-01-2013 05:27

Chosŏn patiently sat in a metal folding chair, peering through a pair of binoculars Russia had given her back when it was more acceptable for the two to be on friendly terms. Starkly contrasting buildings dominated the field of view presented to her. Sturdy steel and cement buildings of unremarkable and forboding design on the perifies of her view next to less ideologically-imagined structures on the far side and in the center. Two of those in the center were a sky blue color which represented a neutral meeting place. Some had been built by her brother, which was the reason for her presence so close to his place of residence. Her building at Panmunjeom had curtains drawn in all the second floor rooms, allowing her to watch the south without being noticed. She stood out badly amongst the drab brown uniforms common on the northern side due to the fact that her choice of wardrobe was a bright pink hanbok. But nobody dared to ask her questions and she didn't get in the way. All she ever really did was sit and observe.

No signs of her brother for several days now, which disturbed her. It was incredibly likely that he was busy doing things with America, or maybe even Japan. Chosŏn felt terrible that she had to behave like a voyeur just to get a glimpse of her brother but that was the reality of the situation. Sighing, she looked suspiciously over her shoulder and to either side to ensure that nobody was watching her as she sat in the otherwise empty gray rom. Nobody there. Nodding to confirm the information to herself, Chosŏn proceeded to produce a CD player China had sent her. She pulled on a pair of big and clunky earphones, pressed the 'play' button. Her ears were soon filled with the cheerful sounds of K-Pop music from her brother's side of the border. A few years old but still a favorite for Chosŏn; she even mouthed the words while listening, completely unaware that a soldier had knocked, called her name and then entered.

"Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk! Important letters have arrived for you from overseas!" he announced again, the myriad of medals on his jacket clinking like pieces of armor.

First Chosŏn stiffened and blushed, then she regained her countenance and jerked her head in the man's direction, "Um.. all right. Just leave them on the table there."

"Of course," the soldier noddeed, moved to the table and then asked, "Wait... what were you just listening to, Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk?"

"Oh, just..." Chosŏn blinked in surprise and with a sense of dread crawling down her back. She'd been caught in the act!

She stopped to think about it; admitting it was from the south would make her boss mad and show she wasn't doing so well on her own. Self reliance was a very important thing for her to show to the world and her people, after everything she'd been through. Indicating that she needed others' music was like admitting she needed the help of bigger nations who might dominate their relationship with her. What would be acceptable then? After a few seconds during which her eyes darted around the room, and her expression went from worried to thoughtful to conniving and back to her usual emotionless stare. As a response she stood up, took her earphones off, faced the soldier and began to sing.

"Achim un pinnara I kang san.." she began the strains of her national anthem, which forced the soldier into joining her until she abruptly stopped. Thankfully things were regimented to that degree on her side of the border!

With a waive she dismissed the slightly confused soldier and attended to the mail which had just been delivered. It was incredibly rare for anyone to send her letters in the first place so for there to be more than one was a very peculiar thing indeed. The thought caused her to frown as she held the pair of letters in her hand, turning them over a couple of times to check for anything that might not be readily apparent about them. Nothing but the name of the sender on one and an unfamiliar insignia gracing the envelope of the other. Best to start with the more familiar letter. Immediately Chosŏn noted that it had been written by China, which was actually a little disappointing. China was the only country that talked to her on a regular basis without arguing, but she'd hoped it might be from someone else, or maybe even her brother. All the same she still greatly appreciated that China stayed in contact with her when the rest of the world had done its best to ignore her for the most part.

The letter turned out to be a bit more friendly of a tone than she'd expected:

Nín hǎo mèi mèi,

You've heard of World Academy, right? I see you hadn't yet applied to Mr. Měiguó's xuéxiào, I understand your abrasion to the Occidentals, but World Academy would benefit you greatly, you'll regret it if you pass this chance up! I took it upon myself to enroll you, and put a word in personally with Mr. Měiguó to get you accepted; it was no trouble at all, so don't worry, you owe me nothing, I just want you to have the best, and see you be happy.

There should be a letter coming with further instructions on what you'll need when settling in World Academy, so pack wisely, don't forget to bring your favorite dishes, Mr. Měiguó's food is disgusting (and expensive!), but if you don't know what to bring, don't worry, let me take care of you, do you still like dim sum? I promise not to yell at you if you put kimchi on it. Let's get on the plane together! I'll be boarding the last flight, so take your time and think it over (I'm not making you feel pressured to come, am I?). I know you're wary of the Americas, but think of it this way, keep your friends close and your enemies closer. It's tact! Ci zhi

Jing li, ~Zhōngguó

This totally confused Chosŏn as she read through the words her neighbor had committed to paper. She was very outspoken about her total dislike and distrust for America and the West in general; China was suggesting in no uncertain terms that she should study in America's school. More than that he was writing as if he clearly knew what was best for her despite the fact that she made a point of doing things her own way. Calling himself just Zhōngguó seemed a little breif, but then not everyone insisted on their full title for it to still be formal. If he was really being informal, she reminded herself, he would call himself her brother or something. And though his tone suggested a sense of superiority, he had helped in her time of need. That last line got her thinking too - close to her enemy? That was something that made sense to Chosŏn. Carry the battle to the enemy's home and establish a presence there! The other letter was plain with small text, but just touching it filled her with a sense of horror.

Dear Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk,

I congratulate you on your acceptance into World Academy. I looked over your transcript and can agree that you'll be a fine student for my school. It is a boarding school, so please remember to pack everything you feel you may need as you make your journey to my home. The school will provide room and board, along with meal and other learning essentials, on the second page, there is a list of what the school supplies, and what you'll need to bring. Pets are allowed, but please only one, furthermore, please register any animals you may bring, for you will have a roommate, and we don't want to upset wildlife management.

Hahaha, thank you for showing interest in my school. USA

U-S-A. Those three letters filled Chosŏn with anger and fear simultaneously; more than anyone else he was responsible for splitting her family apart. His choice of wordage was not lost on her either as it made her (unsolicited) acceptance into his World Academy sound like a great personal favor. Chosŏn could read between the lines with the letter from America however. There was no chance that she would ever be allowed to attend the school if it was purely up to America to determine the student body. Combined with China's assurance that he'd put a word in for her meant that leverage had been applied to get her accepted into the World Academy. Rather than feeling annoyed that she'd been forced into attending an American-run school, Chosŏn was actually touched. That China had gone to such a length just to have her around showed he actually cared about her. Plus seeing that America had been forced to use her full formal title in the letter made her very pleased. Anything that humbled that chain-eating homewrecker was a lovely thing to behold on Chosŏn's part.

It took a bit of explaining to her boss, but eventually Chosŏn managed to make her way to the airport in Beijing via train, making several stopovers en route. Getting to and from Chosŏn's place was not an easy undertaking. She was quite taken aback at the size of the airport, much bigger than anything that could be found in her lands. Having lived in isolation for quite a while this was a very big surprise to her. It wasn't hard to find her way to the area where planes departed for the lands where the World Academy was located. If nothing else the students in neat red and blue plaid uniforms were a dead giveaway that this was in fact the correct place to be, though most had apparently already departed. Chosŏn had been sent a uniform by China after indicating she'd accept his 'gracious' offer to study at the academy alongside him. Rather than wear it to the airport - her boss would have been upset with her for doing so - she had worn a stiff brown army uniform, along with a red scarf tied around the neck. She still wore a skirt with it even though she had been told that pants would be acceptable now for a Korean lady.

Due to her choice of dress she once again stuck out like a sore thumb in the middle of the airport. Feeling the numerous sets of eyes watching her with curiosity and astonishment she frowned and stood there awkwardly clutching her meagerly packed carry-on bag. Where was China? It turned out to be remarkably easy to find him thanks to the booth he'd set up to sell goods to other countries heading off to the World Academy. Since it had been a while since the last meeting in person, Chosŏn strode over stiffly so as not to do something that might embarrass her in front of the other countries. A slight bow was followed by her staring at China for a moment, studying him intently for reasons only known to her. That uniform was clearly Western, but this was still the same China who'd been her closest confidant through the recent tough years.

"You asked me to come, Zhōngguó, and here I am. This does not mean that I will even attempt to be friendly with our host, however," she informed him as stiffly as she'd approached. The tip of a plush unicorn's horn could be seen protruding from her bag.
Main RP Characters: Slovakia (F), North Korea (M/F), Mexico (M/F), Bavaria (M/F)

Cakiepie
Pasta eating beginner
Pasta eating beginner

Post by Cakiepie » 13-01-2013 14:04

China grinned at the profits he made from his booth, of course, most of it was catered towards the nations that were filling up his capital, but even some humans were buying his items as well. The third plane would be taking off, soon, so he should really start packing up, but there were still a few countries that hadn't been accounted for, Chosŏn being one of them. Though, he could always sell on the plane, of course, he'd loose out on the tourist flying in, but that was the price for being punctual; at the very lest, he could pack up the Middle Eastern things, they sold, too, but there would be only far East nations left, so that stuff wouldn't really appeal to them. Helping his men pack up the gear, now instead of taking up a good portion of the airport, his booth only took up a small corner; China stood and cracked his back from the stressful work, he surpassed his yawn, but gave out a groan of tiredness, he's been up since early this morning, just to see the first fly, jet lag was going to be a bitch.

“Weather too dense for you old bones, there, yéyé?” Gods help him, that better not be Brunei... China turned around to glare at the rude nation, only to see it was Taiwan, his wrath curbed half because he'd expected such from her, while the other being that she looked very cute in her uniform; she even had the nerve to sport a distinctive Hello Kitty bow in her hair, she'd be so crushed to learn that Japan had took the second flight...

“Rudeness is not very 'kawaii', Mínguó.” China started, watching Taiwan go ridged, the corner of China's mouth trembled as he struggled to keep a serious face, Aiya~,” China pretended to sigh, “I guess it won't matter much, Nihon won't be here to see it, since he gotten on the second flight, already, aru.”

Taiwan's eyes widening was the only indication she was affected, but her lips pinched in a straight line so that it would fall into a frown. She scoffed and looked off to the side with one hand on her hip, but China could see her eyes darting around, trying to search for the nation, possibly believing China was fibbing. Of course, she couldn't stay and look all day, could she? It wasn't like every country preparing for third flight was just going to flock right in at the same time so that she could be absolutely certain Japan was not among them. Taiwan suddenly spun back to glare at China, though this heated look was in the form of an innocent face.

Taiwan giggled,
“Eheehun, don't say 'kawaii', it's annoying to hear with your accent.” Taiwan told, waving him off like he was some sort of lame uncle.

“We've got same accent, aru!” China fumed, they spoke the same language!

“No way, yours is so un-kawaii—see, 'kawaii'—it sounds cuter when I say it.” Taiwan said, Taiwan had purposefully spoken in a different dialect to prove her point. Though China had to admit, it did sound cuter when she said it, not like he'd admit it publicly. “Mine is totally different.” Taiwan said, her tone stating that it was obvious. China wanted to bang his head on the stand, to feel the poking of all the tiny little figurines that littered it—that's what they all said when they bastardized his language... “The difference is that I'm always cute, and you're never cute.” Taiwan explained, breaking it down as simple as she could.

“I have cute things, aru—key chain?” China said, sounding rather desperate for acknowledgment, though that just aged him right there. China raised a key chain that had a dangling Hello Kitty, of course, there were parts changed or omitted to conceal it's true name brand, a poor excuse of avoiding infringement, but Taiwan just backhanded the toy, she punted it to add farther insult, and the two nations watched it disappear into the shuffling feet of the crowed; well, there goes one yuan, despite the price tag of '80.81¥' covering its mouth.

Ah! Show respect for other people's things, aru!” China shouted, scolding her heavily.

“That's a poor excuse for Hel—eh-hm-hm... chan, besides, I've already have one, more kawaii than... that, heeheehun~.” Taiwan taunted, pointing at the other dozens of copies China had with a giggle; whipping out a Vocaloid key chain with Len and Ren dangling from it, China bit his lip at the cuteness, but a last, with a giggle, Taiwan skipped off, so his stare couldn't linger too long.

“And say a 'goodbye' instead of just walking away, aru!” China's voice increased in volume as she slipped farther away, entering the area to board the plane.

She was aging him, slowly, but surely, she was just coming by to put another wrinkle on his forehead while she sucked his soul dry, cocooning it around herself to start the transformation... China grumbled to himself for a good thirty minutes, but that didn't put many of his customers off, as people still came by and purchased things. He didn't notice when the militant looking female approached his stand, not until she actually began talking to him.

“Chosŏn!” China greeted excitedly, his mood instantly clearing—she quickly reminded him of his plans, which also reminded him that Taiwan was no threat at all—that young nation was too unfledged to be equal to himself, she had many years to go. China mentally tsked at Chosŏn's choice of clothing; didn't she know wearing such a uniform was intimidating when in other nations lands, a blatant show of hostility? Of course, China himself knew not to take offense to it (it would be offensive since she was invited through peace, and not on military business, plus there were no war to represent for, it was fine back in the WWs, but modernly no longer), and though China wanted to scold her on it, he held it in, not wishing to scare her off on the first meeting; meaning he'd scold her later, scolding always came, when dealing with him.

“Ah, of course not, aru, you'll have complete freedom. If ever you feel uncomfortable, aru, you can leave for home; though I wouldn't allow you to be uncomfortable, you know that, aru, so don't be afraid to come to me, first, aru.” China told, smiling merrily at her.

She didn't have to be cordial with America at all, in fact, he, himself was never polite to the chittering brat, it's just that he held no grudges with America (or anyone, actually) so any misgivings he'd have with that nation would have to be done in current conversation, and when that happen, China felt no fear in telling America off. But, all in all, if China had anything to do with it, Chosŏn would never have to speak to America. ever. or any other Western nation for that matter; Russia included.

“I'm just glad you've accepted, aru, it's actually a really great place for building international relations.” China explained, he turned and begun to speak to the humans who helped him set up stand, “Let me clear these away, aru.” China explained to her over his shoulder, then told the people around him to start packing things up.

China bent over to pack the key chains into a empty box, the one they came out of,
“Sure, the westerners owns it, aru, but if they want to use their own sweat and blood to help us build better partnerships, than I'll happily oblige them, aru.” China confessed. In other words, if others were going to lend their resources to further China's power, he wasn't going to exactly tell them 'no'.

Lifting the box with his knees, China flexed his back muscles, using that moment to stretch and yawn; he was going to sleep the hell out of that thirteen hour flight. Placing the box on a pulley, he bowed to the guys and watched them depart. Turing back to Chosŏn, he paused as his eyes went to her pack—was that...? It was, wasn't it...? How adorable, China suppressed a chuckle as he raised his sleeve to cover his mouth—the blazer just as long as his sweater, of course the polo was short sleeve beneath it all—though she may say otherwise, he wondered if she really believed in that unicorn sighting that supposedly happened in her lands? It was a cute belief, a little too eerily reminding of a certain bushy brow country who tainted one of his Asian nations, and shall never do so again, but still very cute.

Though she'd certainly get a lot of slack for it if anyone was to spot it, China did wish to see her holding it, they toy (for he could tell by the material, China was good with these things) despite its symbol of being the start of a great kingdom, was sure to make her look young and vulnerable, dependent, something China wouldn't mind seeing of her, again. China didn't make a comment, he actually pretended not to see (though he'll store this discovery away for later), he smiled and motioned for her to follow as he walked to the plane ride; if his mental list was correct, the ones that would be on there with them would be Taiwan, Macau, Malaysia, Brunei, Philippine, and South Korea, Chosŏn included, of course.

All of those were China's nations—though that Brunei brat was Russia's—but those few were always loyal to China (there were a few countries that were equally friends with both of them, but just picked a side when ask, sort of a first come first serve bases, that had a past story of him and Russia going around making nice with everyone), anyways, that meant that he needn't be bothered with them, he could focus on Chosŏn throughout the whole flight—South Korea was still a gray zone, but no amount of convincing would pull him over, China would need to utilize the sister, first.

“Sit next to me, mèi mèi.” China requested when they got on the plane, her seat number could be anything, but if she were to get use to traveling on this special plane, she'd know there were no rhyme or reasons to the order of seat, as the nations liked to migrate from one seat to the other throughout the whole ride—even more so now that it was slightly empty.

To avoid suspicion, China excused himself from the seat, and begun to walk up and down the isle checking on the nations conditions, and if they were having a pleasant go so far. The plane didn't take off yet, so he had some moments to do this, plus it would help him count the moments he could focus on the others without Chosŏn feeling like he was just focusing on her, which he was. Taiwan seemed troubled, obviously appalled Japan was really not on the plane—or maybe upset that China was actually right—she sat, and spoke, with South Korea, trying to patch up any of the misgivings they had, Malaysia and Brunei sat together, China didn't linger on them long, but he spoke with Macau, he seemed to be daydreaming.

Philippine stayed by herself, though she didn't look the least bit lonely, this was all good, that meant that none of them were feeling neglected, so he wouldn't have to cut his time bonding with Chosŏn. China sat back down when the flight crew notified that the plane was to set off, and he nearly melted into the fluffy seats from exhaustion, caring took a lot out of a person, but it was second nature to China; even though it almost always had ulterior motives behind it, China really did like to look out for these countries, it was fun being bossy, but when living with and taking care of so many countries for so long, one couldn't help growing an affectionate spot for them, even if a few, though none would be named, were annoying. Sure, he used them for a means of security and profit, he still did really see them as his little siblings.

“Are you hungry, aru? China asked, unbuckling, and reaching up to the luggage compartment when they were well into the sky; out he pulled a red painted wooden, circular containers that held the dim sum he promised in his letter. “Here, eat, it'll help you sleep better, aru.” Of course, China was only thinking of sleep. China waited for her to reach for one, and try it, closing his eyes to smile like a satisfied cat, “You can always pay me the 118¥ when you settle into your dorm room, aru.” China laughed, merrily.

VanDerZanden

Post by VanDerZanden » 13-01-2013 22:30

Long years of watching other people and being watched had made Chosŏn hyper-aware when someone was observing her in more than just a passive manner. Though he might not say it, China was scrutinizing her. She could feel his eyes boring into her. Even if they weren't actually doing so it felt as if that were exactly what China was doing, and it made the militant looking girl fidget. Had she done something improper in her greeting? He sounded excited but that sort of gaze didn't fall upon her without there being some criticism involved. Usually it came about when she picked on South Korea (just to get his attention), and China himself had shown it while lecturing her before. Could it be that she hadn't worn the uniform he'd sent her? Or that she wasn't wearing her hat with the uniform? Chosŏn was actually very confused and concerned about the whole matter; if she embarrassed herself in front of China, she might do so in front of her brother as well. That was something she absolutely could not have.

"Good, because he is the most annoying country in the world and I promise only to defend myself against his presence," she responded to his assurance that she wouldn't be forced to be polite to America. That definitely helped her feel less nervous about travelling abroad - something that she rarely did and hadn't done outside of Asia since her first boss had been around.

While China and his people put away the concession stand Chosŏn spent her time quietly peeking at who else would be on the last flight to America. This was partially because she blushed noticeably when China flexed his back in lifting a box at one point. It reminded her that despite his age China was still the same strong protector who'd come to shield her from possibly disappearing as a nation. She immediately cast her gaze back at the countries awaiting departure to America, hands clutching the strap at the top of her bag tightly. Even with everything he had been through back then, China had still risked himself on her account and more directly than Russia had done. Not that I needed protection, she thought as she forced a frown in the hopes that it would dismiss the blush. This was only marginally successful, though China seemed to be busy enough with putting things away that he probably didn't notice. Probably.

Apart from some regular people, Chosŏn noticed a few recognizable faces amidst the greatly calmed airport traffic. There were Macau and Phillipine, neither of whom she'd talked to much if at all lately. The former was a case too similar to her brother and what she worried he'd become - separated from his family and incredibly westernized to the point that he was no longer all that Asian. Phillipine seemed nice, but she spent too much time with America for Chosŏn's liking. Then there was Taiwan. Chosŏn had held contempt for Taiwan for a long time due to the schisms between her and China, and the smiliarity again with Chosŏn's own family situation. That whole Republic of China thing was just ridiculous to her, as the only China there would ever be was China. It didn't matter who his boss was. And her whole obsession with Japan made Chosŏn sick to her stomach - how could anyone who'd lived in Japan's place back during the WWs like him? The two had never gotten along terribly well as a result, and Chosŏn tended to just stay away from Taiwan ultimately. Not much in common to discuss.

Then she caught sight of a certain nation wearing a boy's uniform for the World Academy and was so taken aback that she dropped her bag to the floor. South Korea was here too. Her brother was standing in line with all of the others who'd chosen to take this flight! She felt a desperate need to reach out and try to talk to him, but just couldn't find the words. Chosŏn raised a hand to waive, started to open her mouth in order to call out to him. Nothing came out of her mouth. Her arm fell a bit, one finger held up in interjection. Again she tried to call out to him, and again no words surfaced. Concern washed over her as that arm fell limply to her side. What if he didn't want to see her? He was wearing the academy uniform and didn't seem any different for it; would he be put off by her army uniform that she'd felt symbolized her independence and strength? Maybe he'd already seen her and was deliberately ignoring her! Such doubts and worries kept her quiet as she carried her bag in front of her, clutched in both hands by the strap.

China's invitation to sit next to him was met with a breif glare before Chosŏn realized that it was just his way to call her mèi mèi. It wasn't that he was insinuating that they were siblings or anything. Her glare turned into an apologetic look, though her expression remained mostly blank even still. With China off to make his rounds, Chosŏn tentatively sat down on the airplane seat and had wide, surprised eyes when she found it to be quite comfy. Did anyone see her react like that? She glanced around the plane suspiciously and didn't find any evidence that anyone had. With a deep breath she let herself slip into a more comfortable, reclined position still clutching her bag to her so that no one else would get into it. Almost immediately she felt the pang of hunger since she had yet to actually eat since leaving Pyongyang hours before. Both nervousness and a lack of actual food had contributed to the oversight. It was one she corrected by sneaking out a snack she'd stowed in that bag while no one was looking back in her place. The ChocoPie was gone before China returned to his seat, along with its wrapper, and all that remained was Chosŏn with a strangely satisfied look in her eyes.

Once they were en route China offered her food, and Chosŏn eyed the dim sum (as usual) suspiciously. Since a ChocoPie was hardly enough to fill up even a small girl like herself, Chosŏn reached over with a pair of metal chopsticks from her bag and took one. She sniffed at it as if she expected there to be something awful awaiting her taste buds. Instead she was actually savoring the aroma of the food, valuing the individual morsel as a singular treasure that was hers and hers alone. When China closed his eyes sleepily, Chosŏn took a big bite out of the food; a few seconds later and it was gone. Having his eyes closed, China wouldn't be able to see that she was actually smiling just a little bit as she recalled that her neighbor had always cooked delicious food. It was nice to have a little before the harrowing arrival at America's place.

"Pay you? Who are you, that pabo Miche*?" she replied in annoyance to cover up for the fact that she was pleased. China didn't need to know that. She also continued, "Are you forgetting that I.. um.. don't have.. money with me right now? Hmmph."

This she emphasized by crossing her arms over her chest defiantly. It was true that she didn't have much money, and she'd recently spent a good chunk of it on some more army stuff. Plus that unicorn in her bag. As the flight continued on Chosŏn felt more anxious about what was to come when they arrived. Mainly she was worried that she might not be allowed to enter America's place while she was wearing her army uniform, and that her brother would be scared off by it as well. For her it was perfectly fine to wear it everywhere, and it reminded people that she was strong on her own. It seemed to scare other nations though. The more she thought about it the more she reluctantly thought that she should probably not cause a scene on her first day at the World Academy. She had packed the uniform China had sent her in the carry-on bag, underneath her plushie unicorn.

Without explaining herself Chosŏn left her seat and headed to the bathroom with her bag in tow. She hurried herself, head hung submissively as she went and hoped that she wouldn't attract too much attention to herself. Changing clothes in the bathroom stall on an airplane wasn't exactly the easiest thing to do but Chosŏn was used to working in cramped places and it wasn't too much trouble. After carefully folding up her army outfit, Chosŏn studied her relfection in the tiny mirror provided next to some kind of soap dispenser. It was like seeing a completely different person staring back; unlike her previous clothing this uniform didn't hide how small she was nearly so well. Combined with her face being as it was, Chosŏn was embarrassed to see how young she actually appeared now. It was also very Western, something fairly new to a nation who almost always kept to herself. Why was the skirt so short? As a finishing touch she tied her red scarf about the neck before cautiously sliding the stall door open. Like something out of an American horror film she peered through the small crack in the door and glanced about to see if anyone was watcing.

It semeed clear, so she pushed the sliding door the rest of the way and slipped out with her bag in tow. And all just in time to come nearly face to face with Taiwan, who was up and about for some reason (likely talking to South Korea or to taunt China). Chosŏn blinked in surprise and shock, then glared yet again as the two nations' eyes met for a breif and intense moment. Was that disbelief in Taiwan's eyes or just sheer amusement? Not wanting to find out Chosŏn looked away and hustled back to her seat next to China, hoping to spare herself further embarrassment. Once she arrived she slipped into the seat and huddled up, clutching her bag to her chest and actually blushing the tiniest bit.

"I guess I'll play along, but..." she began to tell China, unsure of if he were awake or not, "This stupid thing makes me look like I'm 12 or something, doesn't it? Be honest."

*Pabo is Korean for "idiot" or "stupid", and Miche seems to be the North Korean term for the USA, possibly a combination of Miguk and Cheguk - or "America" and "Empire" specifically.

Cakiepie
Pasta eating beginner
Pasta eating beginner

Post by Cakiepie » 15-01-2013 07:46

China chuckled at her shocked response, now that was more like it, Chosŏn had been looking tensed and bothered since they first boarded the plane, since she first walked up to him, she had seemed distant and spacey, even though his assurance of her freedom seemed to ease some of that. China was only joking, he wouldn't really make her pay for the care he gave her; there were a lot of people that were in debt to him, and though he said his help came with a price, he never really expected it to be paid back (because often his help was large, and something that would be difficult to pay back, if not, then the nation would have never needed help in the first place).

China was only joking, he wanted to see her express another emotion than reluctance and brooding, and though she pouted at the end, it was cute, so China was okay with that change, too. Before China could assure her he was only kidding, Chosŏn had stood, and shuffled passed discreetly; well, as discreetly as you could be with these few Asian nations, her head was bowed and her movements were calm, these were features recognize as polite beauty, though an ancient practice the kids nowadays were forgetting, it was a known thing that humble women were beautiful, so Chosŏn was actually attracting more attention with her actions—it was like watching a woman walk by in a hanfu, even though she might try to be modest in the outfit, the traditional beauty of it would attract stares from all.

Though Chosŏn seemed to shuffle by with an embarrassed fluster, causing China to wonder if he really upset her with his comment; he truly was joking, he'd never ask money from her, not at the current time of her nation, but he did require services from his assistance, and she would be paying him back, for the things he'd provide her during this school experience (getting into the school, included, did she think entrance was free?), however, she didn't have to know that, but she'd be paying him back with pledging her eternal loyalty to his clique, and accepting the title of an Asian, with the bonus of bringing South Korea to his side as well, which would ultimately make him the winner against Russia (if the odds stayed that way until the end of school year). Yes, she will be repaying him with more than enough profit, and none of it needed to be in currency.

China took this time to look over to South Korea, who seemed to be drawing something at the moment, what he actually noted was that Taiwan stood up, she was obviously going to make her rounds, of course, she needed to do this more than China did, since her Republic was on the verge of dying, China just knew it would happen some day, nations were rejecting her, she'll fall ill, soon... However, Taiwan didn't go up to the nations in order, like China had, she actually went straight to the back, heading towards Macau, most likely to ask him on why Hong Kong was not present; China remembered seeing him walk on to the second flight as well, which was slightly a good thing, because he was partnered with Taiwan, which meant he was also loyal to China's group, and he'd be good from stopping Russia's half from corrupting China's half.

China laid back in the chair and sighed in satisfaction, a feeling of security fell over him as he felt that this 'mission' was going to be an easy one, 'on smooth sails' they say; last year was hectic, as he had to be nation's 'Yes' Man, but this year they were all secure and China was certain they wouldn't stray from him, so he wouldn't have to hang over their shoulders, giving them whatever they wanted—but that didn't mean he wouldn't, he still liked keeping up with them!

China blinked his eyes open when he heard someone shuffling back, knowing it must be Chosŏn, he turned to address her, wanting to apologize for the earlier misconception, only to see she had changed out of her uniform, an into World Academy's uniform.

Arh-ah-ah~... c-c-cute, aru~.” China mumbled, it really did look cute on her, but he just thought western uniforms were cute; okay, he just liked to see girls in short skirts. Though China knew that this fashion was England's influence, he had seen that America wasn't exactly a uniform country, they liked matching colors, but the sailor cut was England's European etiquette rubbing off.

Closing his eyes, China grasped his fist to the front of his shirt, as if he was having a heart attack, his mouth in a strained smile, his eyebrow twitching, that seemed just like him, Taiwan would liken him to a perverted old man if he said those words aloud. Damn, she was asking him?! What should he tell her? China couldn't lie, he liked cute things, it would be against his codes to not hug it... uh, well, say it (hugging would not be acceptable in this circumstance), but there were a lot of lines that could be accidentally crossed if he didn't say it right, with the right amount of emotion.

She thought she looked twelve, which wasn't true in his book, but she did look cute, though maybe she thought 'cute' was a adjective for a child, which also wasn't true in his book, but then if he said it with too much certainty, he'd definitely sound strange, yes, strange, if he hugged her, he'd be even more strange. He wished Shinattychan was on board with him, but he left her at home, there were an Hello Kitty 'life size' hug-doll stuffed up there—where he got the food—but that'd make him seem even stranger if he whipped it out right now; he really couldn't be doing these things in public!

“Bú, you look...—It's cute, aru!” China said outright, he managed to school his voice on not sounding creepy, a pep to his words and a smile on his face to show he disagreed with what she thought of herself. China couldn't help it, he did exactly what he told himself not to do; he hugged her, but instead of a fanboy obsessed one, he gave her a friendly hug of greeting, showing how glad he was that she agreed to come here, because she could have very well refused (though he'd continue to harass her to come, any ways). “It's really cute, aru, I'm glad you decided to cooperate.” China told softly, giving her a pat on her silky hair. It was true, he knew about her customs, and the thing her and her boss were going through, he knew that when they land, it was going to be a mighty culture shock for her, and that there would be lots of things she won't agree with, but to see her actually was making an effort to adapt and follow the rules, it made China very proud.

China kept her close, holding her so she couldn't pull back from him as he lowered his head so that his lips could be leveled with her ear,
“I was only joking when I said you'd have to pay, aru; I enjoy giving you things, and seeing you happy, like this, aru; out of all the others, you deserve it the most, you're a symbol of a nation who truly fight for what they believe in.”

China pulled away, and chuckled to break the intense emotional moment, he quickly changed the subject to place a buff between a situation he knew she'd be rather embarrassed about, “There's a few things you'll need to know, before we land, aru.” Of course, landing was thirteen hours away, so she had more than enough time to hear them, and think them over before out right refusing. “There's this system in the school, it's sort of a membership, student run, aru, it's a organization run by strong nations to help assist their neighboring nations in functioning better in world relations, aru. Let me explain World Academy, aru.” China said after a thought.

“World Academy is a school that gathers all the nations of the world, aru, and give them a chance to interact with nations of various continents, nations they could not get in contact with before, aru, or giving everyone a chance to further interact with nations one might have been distant with in the past.” China began.

“We, 'students' get to chose who we want to have diplomatic relationships with, aru, while taking classes to learn other cultures, and lessons that may have not been discovered in our homeland, aru.” So far, China was telling the truth, he was slowly edging her unwittingly towards Russia and his game, but he'd have to get her to understand in a way that would make her more willing to comply. “Since there are many nations who are further behind than others, aru, me and a few other students,” Meaning 'Russia', he didn't know what the other power countries (like Germany, France, England, America, Denmark, etc.) were doing, but he wanted it to seem like what he was about to say was a natural thing of the school, and not a power bet with him and Russia, “decided to take the role of a leader, aru and help provide and protect students who are willing to ask for assistance, aru.” China explained the basics, now here was the tricky part, to explain the conditions she'd have to agree to, that would make her an official country 'under' his influence.

“I know going into Western territory is going to be rather difficult to handle, especially alone, aru, so of course I'll be helping you get settled; sort of like a mentor, aru,” China laughed, trying to make his usage of 'mentor' seem more casual, and less domineering than what he truly meant; of course, it was just like China to speak as if she already agrees with him, did she notice he didn't ask her if she wanted his help?

“My group is appropriately labeled 'Asia', aru, nearly everyone on this plane is in my group,” China paused, as his eyes landed on Brunei, then floated over to South Korea, “but there are many others who took the second plane, aru, so don't think it's really exclusive! And although I'm the leader of it, aru, it doesn't mean I'm the only one in full control on what the group does or how the nations conduct themselves, aru” It did, “just look at me as a 'mentor' on who to come to when you're in trouble, or need assistance with anything, aru. And, naturally, I'll back you up if you're being picked on, aru.” China laughed jovially, it was a well known fact that his army wasn't one to mess with.

China paused to give her a chance to think, and room to ask questions, if she had any; actually, he was thinking on a way to tell her about recruiting her brother, if she asked, he wouldn't lie to her, he'd tell her that South Korea wasn't apart of his group, and was actually reluctant to join, but he knew what to tell her to convince her that joining his clique was beneficial to her, and her brother.

VanDerZanden

Post by VanDerZanden » 15-01-2013 22:37

Chosŏn had always made a concerted effort to look strong and independent, even if it meant constantly wearing her army uniform and lashing out at anyone and everyone who might be construed as having 'wronged' her. She rarely smiled or showed emotion that was anything but confrontational, stern or outright brooding, though she liked to think of it as looking determined and serious. Appearing vulnerable or dependent was not the sort of thing Chosŏn ever wanted, save perhaps if she and her brother were to be reunited under a single roof. Even then she'd deny such things and continue being the big sister who knew what was best. As a result she had been called lots of things by others, like weird, crazy, backwards and dangerous. Cute had never been one of them.

Being called cute caught Chosŏn completely off guard and it made her wonder just what he meant by it. She was convinced that she looked far too young wearing an outfit like this, especially when she was the older of the Koreas and had to remind people of it regularly. Given that self-assessment she immediatelty started to think that China was telling her that she did look young and adorable as a byproduct of it. Like a cute little sister that needed the guidance and protection of a more worldly brother, lest others take advantage of her. China did seem to act as if he knew what was best for her, as this whole process had already illustrated. Putting a word in for her with America, submitting an application for her without asking, then writing to convince her to come. It had worked, but if it hadn't he probably would have badgered her until she changed her mind or did something really extreme that would cause a scene and draw universal criticism from the other countries.

"J-just what do you mean by-" she even began to ask before something even more unexpected happened.

China hugged her. Hugged her! As a general rule people didn't give hugs to Chosŏn, possibly because she scared them or drove them away and was socially distant more often than not. Few others would even be able to get away with embracing her; if her brother ever wanted to, she would, and possibly a very close friend. China certainly would count as a close associate and friend even, but Chosŏn wasn't sure how she felt about being brought into his arms suddenly. Her eyes narrowed and her body stiffened as he held her close, and she continued to stare forward at the back of the seat in front of her. She literally could not think of how to appropriately respond to his action. Then he gave her a pat on the head which caused her fists to clench reflexively out of the misconception that he was treating her like a child. What words he spoke while holding her were just confusing to the elder Korea. It wasn't clear whether he was praising her like a proud father or brother, or maybe genuinely expressing affection for her in a more mutual way. Chosŏn picked up on him indirectly referring to her strength, which combined with being praised for a change brought her little blush back.

As he began to explain the intricacies of student life at the World Academy Chosŏn tried her best to recover from that embarrassment. Much to her surprise it did feel like someone genuinely wanted her to attend the school rather than just being invited to get one over on America. Since the old days of the Soviet clique she hadn't really felt welcome in most places, even from former members of that group that had once been so close. She was a pariah, someone to be ignored unless she was trying to pick a fight with someone or throwing things again. The world was as cold to her as she was externally to it. China on the other hand had complimented her, helped her numerous times, told her when she'd done something right instead of simply lecture her and had just told her he liked to take care of her. Even though again, she didn't need to be taken care of. Except for food and stuff. It was the kind of warmth seldom experienced by Chosŏn, and she wasn't exactly sure how to treat it now that she'd felt it.

Her own interpretation of how China described the Academy was pretty straightforward. A lot of nations were new to the school or were not as well off as the others and needed assistance to become acclimatized to life in a foreign environment. Those who had attended the school longer seemed to be taking on the task of helping their neighbors for exactly that reason. All of this was somewhat suspect to Chosŏn, who cringed at anything that sounded like imperialism or domineering nature (even though she acted domineering towards her brother). Describing himself as a mentor who naturally was assuming responsibility for Chosŏn's adjustment to life at the World Academy without consulting her didn't do China any favors. Her expression still had the residual effects of his hug on display - narrowed eyes, firm frown and a tinge of rosiness in the cheeks. If he looked down he might also notice that Chosŏn's hands were still clenched into fists.

So he didn't think she could handle herself alone? It was impossible for her not to be a bit annoyed by the sentiment. Even if she had never learned much of anything except the negative aspects about the West, getting settled in was something that she should be able to do without someone else holding her hand. All it would take was personal determination, an easily defensible residence, somewhere to observe her foes from... that was about where Chosŏn stopped to remind herself that this wasn't a fight. It was school. With China's group being 'Asia', wouldn't there maybe be one or two nations worth her time, who might actually be nice to her? Not everyone else could have become incredibly Western, she was sure of that. The potential, however small, for her to actually make a friend was very enticing to the stubborn girl sitting next to China. Some people might be less than welcoming to her, though, and having China's promise of backing her up was a welcome reassurance of support. Her own army was strong, but together with China's was incapable of being beaten by those she disliked so much. At least it had been in the past.

After giving the proposal some thought, she finally spoke "So.. if I am with your group, do we make decisions by committee? That way everyone has a voice. Otherwise it would be too much like having to live in Japan's place. Speaking of him, he's not in your group is he?"

"Saying that I agree, that means we basically continue the relationship we already have then? We're mutually strong that way, and I'm still independent enough to do what is necessary for my goals," she asked further, looking more relaxed as she had her first real conversation in a long time. With someone other than her boss at least.

She then gave it further thought before asking, "So what about my brother, though? I know that you two have become closer recently, but does he do things with you at all? It doesn't seem like he would really need much help since he's so close to that nation... that jerk, spending more time with Japan and America than with his own sister."

Despite being angry at that thought she looked to China with more hope than anything, quietly telling him, "Look Zhōngguó, I do trust you since you've always been there to help me against people that just don't like me. Not that I need help to be strong, of course. And even though I can do just fine on my own it would be nice to have someone I can count on to support me in my efforts. Before I agree to be part of anything, I need you to promise me that you will do whatever you can to help me get closer to my brother. Do that and I.. I don't know, I'll wear hanfu for you. Fail to do that and I'll have to do something drastic..."

She paused to let that sink in before concluding, with firey eyes, "Like recognize Taiwan or something."

Cakiepie
Pasta eating beginner
Pasta eating beginner

Post by Cakiepie » 16-01-2013 03:58

China himself was a little surprised by the hug, he used to hug his 'siblings' all the time, when they were young, and more partial to him, but everyone was becoming so distant, shunning him just to prove their independence. At that moment, he had felt he could hug Chosŏn, slightly because he felt that she had enough dependence on him to allow it, and slightly because she was one of the few nations that still respected him; it made him feel powerful, it made him feel wanted. Lately, China had been rather cold business to his fellow nations, a bow, and at the most, a pat on the bicep, he missed hugging his kin, but everyone was just so embarrassed by it, it was a shame...

“Yes, aru. Actually it's freer than a committee, the decisions is purely yours to make, aru, just whenever you feel you need consultations, or assistance in something you can't achieve yourself, aru, then you can ask your fellow members for help, aru. You won't even notice you're in the group, aru! It's very democratic, aru.” China wasn't called the People's Republic for nothing. “The only time a big decision is made to effect the group as a whole, aru, is if something drastic happens, but those things hardly ever happens, aru.” China smirked, but he didn't elaborate; the thing with their group was that it was just a label, if a domineering country were to come by, and try and pick a fight, just having China's name over them would make that nation think twice, “It's not a huge monarchical system, aru, it's just a group of friends sharing their connections with every member, aru; for example, all of my connections will be yours, and any other member of Asia, aru, and the same in return for you, and all the others, aru.”

It was like one big family, China's friends were Asia's friends, Chosŏn's friends would be Asia's friends, and any other joing member would connect them all as friends. Same goes with enemies, but it would be in bad taste to talk about that; the thing was, the enemies to the members of Asia, let's say Chosŏn's enemies, were most likely already friends of China, so that negated their hatred, if Chosŏn were to take China's label, they'd be nothing but cordial to her in respect to China.

Now, China's enemies was a whole new thing entirely, of course, nations who hated China would dislike his group and members, but if they were already pals with one of his nations, then China would be saved from that by having that nation in his group—that was the main point in starting this whole little bet—the more nations he became 'friends' with, the easier it was to convince his enemies (or at least those that had second thoughts on him) to see him as an ally as well by their mutual connections. And what did it means when you had the whole world as your ally? Not many people knew this, but that was a more passive aggressive form of world domination!

“Ah, bù... he's not, aru...” China said, responding to her inquiry on Japan being in his group. Only a flash of irritation showed in China's eye, almost a tell of him wishing that Japan was in his group; if she knew of the bet that was going on, she might have picked up on the irritation that he wanted Japan to be, and not that he was just irritated at that particular nation as a whole.

Japan was one of the three nations that refused to have any part with this whole 'clique' thing. India was equally friends with China and Russia, so torn between choosing on who to join, India backed out entirely; Japan personally hated China and Russia equally, but with different reasons, so he avoided both equally; South Korea was the closest to converting over to China's group, he hung out with China a lot, and asked for things like he was apart of the clique, but he refused to represent the name, which in their rules, meant China didn't own him, but China saw South Korea cracking some point in the future, be it near or far, he did not know, and their bet only last a year (well, it was supposed to).

These three were the reason why Russia and he was at a stand still, if those three cooperated, it would have made a winner for last year, but, well, here they were now, calling out for more students to come to the school. China really thinks Chosŏn was the key to bringing South Korea over, the two might look like they hated each other to outsiders, but they were siblings, sharing the same border, it was a special bond between them that would stay through thick and thin, not to mention China couldn't get South Korea to shut up about her. Like any sibling, like any nation that shared a border, anything that happened with Chosŏn, South Korea was the first to know about it, the first to comment.

If Chosŏn accepted, be it out of petty sibling jealousy, South Korea would join in a moment's notice. Of course, a plan like this could backfire, instead of wanting to join his sister to get her attention, he could also join the enemy's (the competition) side to spite her, which was also an attention getter; however, China knew South Korea hated Russia, which was why he was so annoyed that South Korea was so reluctant to join.

Then she pointed out South Korea, and China had to suppress a smile, that was exactly what he was trying to accomplish, he knew just her desire alone to reunite with her brother would work its way out in adding South Korea to the mix. China didn't forget Mongol, he saw her board the plane, and instantly knew that was Russia's doing, but Mongol was just one nation, while Chosŏn was two; China was going to win this.

China smiled merrily as Chosŏn spoke of her desire to rekindle her ties with her brother, it was really affectionate, and China actually felt a little bad for perverting the moment with his manipulative plans, only a little...
“I promise, aru~!” China said right after she asked him to, a little too eagerly.

Then he heard what she fully said, he didn't really need anything else from her in return, just taking the title, and secretly helping him win against Russia was more than enough, but he'd let her think he was just humbled for her to look up to him once again, let her believe he was someone who liked helping others; ah, but seeing her in a hanfu would be really cute~, her hanbok was cute, but a hanfu would be so much more elegant, oh, but a qipao would be so much better, a short one—arh, focus!

China narrowed his eyes through the haze of his imagination, noticing that she was adding consequences to if he didn't help her with what she wanted; drastic? What could that mean? She couldn't really do anything to hurt him, she didn't have the power, but Chosŏn was known to be rather extreme when it came to making a statement, and China wasn't sure if he wanted to be on the receiving end of it—What?! China pulled a rather comical shocked face when she said she would acknowledge Taiwan. China grabbed at his chest and hunched over himself, the corner of his mouth, along with his left eyebrow, twitching; aiya~, that actually hurt... Taiwan was going to be the bane of his existence, he was sure of it, he could already feel the gray hairs sprouting~.

China straighten himself, and let out a laugh, though it was a nervous one,
“Of course, of course, aru, if you want me to help you reunite with your brother, I'd be happy to help, aru.” The nervous laughter died down, and China took on a rather serious face. “About Hánguó... he's practically apart of the group, he just refuses to take the name, aru...” China sweat dropped, that damn boy, he was going to be the death of China, too, literally if he wasn't able to convince him to act cordial towards his big sister. “He interact with everyone in Asia, but he doesn't take on the name, aru, so he often gets left out of certain privileges in the school, or even bullied, aru.” China admitted, with South Korea's 'drifting', he was like a loner of the school, and countries ignored or avoided him. China was about the only country who really acknowledge his presences, and assisted him; of course, that lead for the countries in China's clique to reach out to him as well. “Due to his reluctance in picking a side, it leaves him very vulnerable, aru, we all try to include him as apart of Asia, but he's really stubborn, aru, and won't officially join.” China then took on a soft look in his eye, one that showed concern, and wary turmoil because of it, “I was actually hoping, with your help, aru, we'd be able to convince him that becoming a member of Asia would be beneficial, aru.” China sighed, “He's been acting rather Western, lately, aru...” These emotions were pretty true, China hated seeing actual Asia going Western, the Occidentals had way too much appeal these years.

“That's another pro for this clique, with Asia, we gather all the nations who shares our customs and belief, and make sure the Westerners don't corrupt them so that they could be easily dominated, by providing them with support and protection.” This, too was honest, China just chose to leave out the part about him doing the corruption and dominating.

((Arg, Korea has so many names! >.< What I called South Korea above is the personal name China has for him, not the official name, which I'll abbreviate to just “Dàhán” if a random person use it. I'll have Mongol use “Nàmhán”, because of The Republic[now Taiwan]'s influence. But she might call both Koreas “Solongos” during an affectionate moment.))

VanDerZanden

Post by VanDerZanden » 16-01-2013 10:40

Chosŏn could easily read far too much into things, getting results that might have little to actually do with the truth of a matter. China's irritated look when Japan came up appeared to be spurred by the fact that Japan was even being discussed at the moment. She got that way whenever anything to do with Nippon came up, so wouldn't China react in a similar fashion? After all he had fought Japan a couple of times and successfully resisted being made part of the latter's empire like Chosŏn had been forced into. Clearly - to her -he was avoiding any hiding of the fact that Japan upset him so that he could show solidarity with the nation next to him. Knowing that China wasn't quite as vindictive as she herself was, this made Chosŏn appreciate just what lengths her neighbor was going to in order to connect with her. Now if they only had something positive to connect over, maybe she could avoid getting angry at any little trigger.

She was surprised and amused at how China reacted when she threatened to acknowledge Taiwan. So far he had been the typical composed China that she was used to dealing with and whom she might somewhat annoy or please at most. Catching him completely off guard like that was a very rare thing indeed; Chosŏn savored the moment, a mischevous twinkle in those expressive eyes where anger and frustration so often were. Extreme statements of intention were nothing new from her, but it wasn't as if she would actually carry this threat out. Much as she'd be upset if China failed to help her resume friendly ties with her little brother, acknowledging Taiwan was a bit out there even for her. Taiwan was no friend of hers, and recognizing her independence was one of the last things Chosŏn would ever even imagine doing. That would be on the same level as acknowledging that there were two permanently separate Korean nations rather than one big Korean family. But if she managed to spur China into action by making outlandish threats, then so be it. He could be very effective when motivated beyond whatever intentions fueled his initial desire to assist someone.

The talk about her brother caused her to become stoic and serious once again. Family was not a topic to be discussed lightly. It was deeply troubling but unsurprising to Chosŏn that her little brother (whom she refused to refer to as anything other than 'brother' or similar close terms) had strayed off on his own and was acting overtly Western. Ever since the Fatherland Liberation War, as it was known in her place, he had been heavilly influenced by a nation that lived thousands of miles away and had no respect for the shared culture and heritage of North and South Korea. At first she was much better off than her brother and had hopes that they might be united by her efforts, which were heavilly underwritten by Russia and to a degree China. Nowadays plans on her side had failed, Russia wasn't helping anymore, and her brother was newly rich and at times unrecognizable save his face. So the idea of him spending more time with the Occidental nations did not surprise her one bit.

At the mention of her brother being bullied, Chosŏn frowned and tried to envision who might be so low as to make life trouble for him. For some reason France came to mind first; it was a contemplation that called in her overprotective nature towards South Korea. How dare anyone pick on him! She would personally step in and defend him if anyone so much as looked at him funny, no matter who they were or how powerful they were. When someone wanted to cause trouble for a Korea, both siblings wold rally to the defense of the other. That's how it had been for their whole history, and it held true and strong to this day for Chosŏn. Her brother was more reluctant to leap to her aid, and she had avoided making any dramatic gestures in favor of him since their War. Deep down she still held a strong desire to ensure her brother's happiness and safety, no matter the personal cost to herself. If convincing him to join the Asia network at the World Academy would help, then she swore to do her utmost to do so.

Probably because he was the one nation other than South Korea who knew details about Chosŏn's psyche, China was pressing all the right buttons to bring her over to his side. She hated seeing Asian traditions being lost to the heavy infleunces of Western culture - it robbed a nation of its identity and soul! That was why she was so militantly against America and his being friends with her brother. It was why she had sent some of her people to help keep Vietnam from becoming too Western. Her willingness to fight to preserve such things lined up perfectly with the pitch that China was making to her. Normally she might have stopped to think about how Western China himself was becoming, but she was too caught up in the spirit of resisting copious Western influence to care. It didn't take long to convince Chosŏn in a situation like this, even if this wasn't the main reason for forming the Asia group. Whether it would be successful in bringing South Korea over to China's side was reasonably up for debate, given the amount of bickering that had occurred in recent years between the siblings.

"We should all stick together and be true to ourselves rather than try to change and fit someone else's mold. I want to protect my brother from becoming an outcast at the Academy," she told China gravely, for this was a matter of extreme importance to her. She then suddenly gestured forward with her right hand clenched in determination, "He's going to become one if he continues drifting off, but I will do whatever I can to help him! Nothing will stop the combined might of our family, this I swear!"

She flushed a little at the overdramatic statement and sighed, looking up at China, "So your answer is yes. I want to be part of your Asia group so that I can help prevent excesses of Western influence on your friends.. who.. nevermind. I'm sure that with you there to assist me with a few barriers, I will be able to find my rightful place at this World Academy. If there is anything I can do to help you, Zhōngguó, just name it."

With that she paused, looked around suspiciously to ensure no one was watching, and then presented China with a rare favor: the tiniest hint of a smile. She followed this by playfully reminding him, "But remember your end of this. Succeed and you get hanfu. Fail and it's Taiwan."