Occupation Duty (Fem!Japan x Makin Islands)

Roleplays without Relationships or actually love.
VanDerZanden
Flying higher! Like a bird!

Occupation Duty (Fem!Japan x Makin Islands)

Post by VanDerZanden » 07-08-2011 03:42

Synopsis: During the War, Fem!Japan attempts to occupy the Makin Islands on orders from her boss.

Character: Fem!Japan/Sakura Honda
Appearance: Image
Main RP Characters: Slovakia (F), North Korea (M/F), Mexico (M/F), Bavaria (M/F)

Armadili
Pasta eating beginner
Pasta eating beginner

Post by Armadili » 07-08-2011 04:23

Character: Makin (Daichi Kiribati)
Appearance: (still working on drawing it unfortunately x.x, I'll have a written description until my hand heals up and is ready to draw.) Makin has short, Black hair, which he keeps in check almost religiously. He is short and rather thin, he's not the strongest. His right arm is covered with burn scars. His eyes are brown. (derp)
Main: Germany
Minor: Prussia, Russia
OCs: Texas , Rapture, Stuttgart, multiple others...

VanDerZanden

Post by VanDerZanden » 08-08-2011 06:13

As the ship came into port, Japan stood at the bow observing the newest island under her control. Honestly she'd felt there were more important things to do but her boss had told her to come. So come she had. No one seemed to be present to offer resistance; America was probably off with his allies insisting on being in charge. Having a peaceful takeover would be a nice change of pace from all that hard training Germany had been putting her through. The island looked like a place she might be able to relax too.

Sakura Honda gingerly stepped off of the ship, looked around and nodded. This would be a suitable addition to the Japanese Empire.
Main RP Characters: Slovakia (F), North Korea (M/F), Mexico (M/F), Bavaria (M/F)

Armadili
Pasta eating beginner
Pasta eating beginner

Post by Armadili » 09-08-2011 11:36

Makin waited at the port for the ship to arrive. He wasn't exactly ecstatic about the new...'occupation'. For all he knew, Japan was going to drive him crazy, and he was probably right. As the ship started unloading Makin readjusted his hat and stood stiff as a board, at attention. Surely Japan would notice him, he was the only one here today. This was normal, considering he was a small island chain, but it certainly did not mean Makin was young, He'd been here for a long time, and he wasn't going to let some Mainland invader change that. Makin was surely enraged by that fact. America was hard to deal with, and he didn't seem to care much about him at all, Imagine how annoying someone that actually cared about occupation was going to be. Makin physically shuddered.

When she stepped off the ship, his eyes instantly darted to her. Makin originally thought Japan to be...different... This was new news to him. He thought for a moment, He hadn't met many of the opposite gender perhaps his customary gift of a bottle of the locally made drink wasn't proper. He spotted someone else walking up to the port with flowers, he quickly approached the man and traded. This seemed right, almost better....He hoped all those movies he had watched when he was younger were correct. Makin didn't want to disappoint or enrage this occupant too early.

VanDerZanden

Post by VanDerZanden » 10-08-2011 00:26

After stepping foot on the shore, Japan took some time out to take in her surroundings in greater detail. It was a beautiful day; the sun was shining but it wasn't so overly warm as to be uncomfortable. Not a cloud appeared in the sky, leaving it a warm blue color. Yes this would certainly be somwhere she could get away from the pressure of her duties as a member of the Axis. She didn't usually find that to be an appropriate pursuit, since work was so crucially important, but right now she really needed it. Even if the island was totally deserted other than herself and other Japanese.

Not totally deserted, actually. After she'd admired the natural beauty of the place Japan noticed a young man standing nearby with flowers. This must be Makin, she realized. This was fairly different than what she'd become accustomed to during the war. Many of the other people she'd bruoght into the family of the Empire she'd had to track down and inform of the changing of possession. Maybe they weren't very happy about it at first, but Japan knew deep in her heart that it was necessary in order to help them. They should be able to have their own place without France or England ordering them around. Makin had been under America's control, and here he was to welcome her with flowers! Japan stood there, surprised, for a few moments as she tried to think of what she should say.

Finally, she bowed slightly in greeting and spoke, "Good morning, it is splendid to meet you. As of today, I will be looking after you."

Armadili
Pasta eating beginner
Pasta eating beginner

Post by Armadili » 10-08-2011 04:18

Makin returned the bow politely, his expression was completely blank. He had been occupied before, he was originally Samoan....but those times were long gone. The Samoa he had known was long gone, replaced with another. Makin was darker skinned, more from tanning than pigment, his home was small, but it did get lots of sun, and the soil was good. Now if only the Mainlanders would leave him alone, he had gone for years without any bother, why did this happen, Makin had done nothing to deserve it.

He let his mind wander for a moment before speaking. "Good Morning Japan, It's an Honor to have your company." He emphasized Honor with a slightly angry tone. This island was going to be like the others in that way, He didn't feel like he needed to be watched over, He didn't want to be. With a gentle hand he gave her the flowers, he might not enjoy this...at all, but he was still going to live with it...for now. "These are for you..."

VanDerZanden

Post by VanDerZanden » 11-08-2011 02:37

Japan, being Japan, was immediately gauging the atmosphere as Makin greeted her. It would help her come to a better decision on what would be best to say next. She could tell Makin wasn't pleased to have her looking after him now; the way he accentuated the word honor indicated that. Maybe this wouldn't be as restful as she'd been hoping for.

Still, she could perhaps reason with Makin to make him realize the benefits of being under her care as opposed to America's. Japan accepted the flowers with another bow, this time in thanks. They were a quite beautiful tropical variety, the sort that couldn't grow anywhere in Japan save for the Ryukyus. So Makin didn't really want her there but was polite enough to present her with a gift. There might still be the possibility of winning him over then.

"Thank you, Makin-san, I appreciate your gift even though I've not yet done anything for you," Japan responded, her tone polite but her face still fairly expressionless, "But I hope that can change soon. I will work hard to help you become stronger. Since you are my new little brother, after all... it is an honor to welcome you into my family."

Armadili
Pasta eating beginner
Pasta eating beginner

Post by Armadili » 23-08-2011 08:17

At the mention of family, Makin's hand would instinctively fly to the grip of his Samoan style sword, which rested in it's sheath on his belt. He became visibly enraged. He almost released the weapon, it was slightly pulled, but he returned it quickly. "You have greatly insulted my name and ancestry, For a country so obsessed with its history, I'd assume you'd remember what has happened in our family's past, Samoa would have had me remove an appendage from your possession." Makin stated as he turned his back to her and continued down the port and towards the exit. Makin's history, though known by few should have been known by the pacific islanders. Samoa was his father, he had lived with him for years, until he had mysteriously disappeared. At that time Makin had expressed much hatred for Japan. Makin was always touchy when it came to Japan and family from then on, blaming Japan for what had happened.

VanDerZanden

Post by VanDerZanden » 05-09-2011 10:41

OOC: Darn! Sorry for the lateness of the reply!

Japan just stood there watching Makin turn about and head back out of the port, wondering first what she'd said to make him upset. Was it that he didn't want to be part of her Empire? She believed she could convince him to work with her, but this was certainly not turning out to be anything resembling restful. As she tried to read between the lines of what Makin had said, it was lost on her for the moment that he'd been quite blunt and open about what he thought of her. They had a past, that was true, but just where was it that she'd wronged Makin so gravely that he nearly had drawn his sword? Still it was her job to bring Makin into her family, to live alongside other adoptive siblings like Korea and Taiwan. And Machukuo. Even if Manchukuo was a problem pretty often.

The situation, she deemed, demanded an apology. She headed after Makin and despite his likely not looking, she bowed again, "Forgive me, I tend to forget things at my age. Whatever happened in the past, I'm here now to help make it better. I helped make Taiwan a mature and strong sister, and I will work hard to help you too.."

Armadili
Pasta eating beginner
Pasta eating beginner

Post by Armadili » 06-09-2011 08:04

Makin would freeze in his tracks as she apologized. Right now, he was not exactly as stable as he'd like to be. A small part of him wanted to be in a family again, to experience a love that had fleeted him his entire life... And yet another part was deeply seated with it's hate for Japan and their past relations. How could he forgive the nation responsible for said years of loneliness? Even his meeting with America produced the same outcome, this small atoll had been alone for decades, maybe even centuries...Meeting so many new people in a relatively small amount of time almost overloaded Makin's Social abilities. After seeing his actual brothers and sisters again for the first time since he was...well born... Makin's recent social appearance had forced the normally reclusive nation to become social, he even met what he assumed replaced his father as Samoa, some form of German-English colony...He wasn't the Samoa Makin had remembered. He turned to face her, still glaring, and bluntly stated "Japan, I might be a small Island in your conquest for Pacific domination, but I am in no need for help. Unlike Taiwan, my history lies deeply within the Oceania family..." as he continued on, his glare slowly disappeared, his face becoming visibly pale, he continued "...and yet I feel that....this should be...almost..." Before he could complete his sentence, he fell forward, almost collapsing onto Japan...Makin was now sick.