WWIII : The Empire Comes Back (Poland,Prussia&Rome)

Roleplays without Relationships or actually love.
Lokitama
Psycho Writah
Psycho Writah

Post by Lokitama » 22-06-2015 19:02

[ I asked him, he don't think he'll take the RP back, it doesn't really interest him anymore, soo... I'll impersonate the best "Game Master" I can and do what we call in French in the Roleplay World : TGCM ( Ta gueule, c'est magique ) which, translated in English is : "Shut (the hell/fuck) up, it's magic."

We'll keep roleplaying the two of us ! ]

He had to admit he felt his deal was kind of ignored, there. But at least, he got what he wanted - the other did agree with it, even if it was an absent-minded agreement. He'd live through the ages and ensure himself all of his grandsons would stay okay after his death.

However, this Blonde boy was certainly a spaz. By Gods, he had a hard time following what he was saying - not only was it a weird Latin, but he was speaking kinda fast, with a weird accent. He blinked multiple times, not quite understanding how the other could've met 'huge ugly lizards' - mythological creatures, maybe ? - 'monkey people' and 'French.'... Whatever the later was. It kinda sounded like one of Gaul's child he'd taken under his wing. But in the same time 'French' sounded too... barbaric to be one of Gaul's child name. Oh well.

Here the other went, babbling about showering - which he indeed needed, ew - and clothes. Rome slowly nodded when he was asked for pink togas. "We have pink togas, yes. But it'll be easier if you just wear a pink tunic with a white toga over it. Besides, pink tunic is easier to find than a pink toga - 'cause you know, togas can go to five meters longs unfolded, it takes a lot of dye to do."

As he began to talk about fashion, he didn't notice his two grandsons approach Prussia with curiosity. They were staring at his hair : so white...! And his face seemed so young so he couldn't be some sort of Grandpa...

They'd never seen anyone with white dye in their hair... blonde was more fashionable nowadays, anyway.

However, they didn't expect the albino to turn around and coo at their sight, before trying to hug them/conquer them to death.

Out of panic, they took a step back - watching the stinky nation fall flat on his stomach - and hit him as hard as they could with the sheath of the big sword they always carried around.

Hearing the dull 'thump' of the weapon hitting the head, Rome turned around and gasped as he saw the albino being knocked out. He called out to his grandsons, scolding and checked the unconscious man's health. "Urgh..." He the Empire groaned, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Look at what you've done ! What did I tell you Roma Secundus, Altinum ?"

Both of the children looked down, dropping the sword, sheepish. They never liked it, when their grandpa used capital city names. It meant he was super-serious. Or at least serious enough not to call them by their human name anymore. As they watched the adult put knocked-out-Prussia in the car, they said in unison : "Never kill or hit an innocent bystander."

But immediately after that, Lovino pouted, crossing his arms. " But he looked danger." His little brother frantically nodded by his side, trying to help to prove the point. Rome only sighed, correcting his speech.

"Alright," He said in the end, "Let's go back home. We have a guest, so be kind to him, okay ?"

He then turned to Poland, and glanced at him. "Sorry for that. Shall we go ? We'll make a stop at my house to get you some decent clothes, or at least a subligaculum and a tunic before going to the public bath. You definitely need to wash."

[ Historical explanation time, yaay ~

Altinum : Venezia didn't exist back in the Roman Empire. Instead, a bit more on the North, there was a city called Altinum. It was almost exactly the same kind of town as Venice. They found a canal and some signs the city was pretty lively. Unfortunately, with the Migration of the Germans ( or invasion, whatever you prefer to call it ) the city was deserted because the barbarians coming at that time in Italy were pretty... destructive, let's say. So the people from few deserted/destroyed cities gathered and built Venice.

I've got a headcanon that Altinum was Veneziano's "capital" before Venice was build.

Dye : Hair Dye already existed at Roman Empire ( maybe you knew that, but hey =u= ). At first, dying your hair blond was more for um... prostitutes, but then, blonde began to be cool and even a standard of beauty as Romans were mostly brown-haired !

Subligaculum : or 'the hell is that word?' is somewhat the our today's underpants... It's some sort of loin cloth. In the countryside, the farmers and such usually worked only in subligaculum because it was too hot :) I actually have no idea if it's put under a tunic and toga, but hey, I assume it is.

Tunic/toga : You made me do research on clothes :P Usually, when you only wear a tunic, it means you're a slave. However, slaves can also wear togas, but it's only when it an important day. And their toga is distinctive from other togas; slaves and poor people were easily seen by the fabric of the toga. Wool (smooth and soft ) was for the richer people and rougher fabrics were used for the poorest.

Historical explanation, done ~ ]
Main Roleplay character : Italy Veneziano ( all ways ), Italy Romano ( all ways ), both of them at the same time ( my way ) ~

Minor : Willing to try anyone ~ !

More information about me and my roleplay

Weronikus
Pro-Facepalmer
Pro-Facepalmer

Post by Weronikus » 23-09-2015 14:36

[Hey, I liked that little explanation thing! And haha, doing clothes research... I'm sorry I forced you to do it. I hope it wasn't a huge bother ^^"
But it's all really interesting!
As for the subli- whatever that word is, I don't actually think it was worn under a toga. Remember that Ancient Rome had a different outlook on clothes and such. And anyway, I don't think they were that very keen on underwear to start with. Underwear was worn because of cold at first, and became a cultural thing only later. The Mediterrenian had and has a pretty mild climate, they wouldn't need a second or third layer.]

Poland almost didn't notice Prussia get attacked by the two countries. When the conversation went down to clothes... It was all over.
His face lit up with the prospect of talking about something he could actually have a say in. And the moment his mouth opened, an unending stream of words followed.

"Oh, I totally know what you mean!" He said excitedly, clasping his hands together. "Like, clothes are a total bother, but you can't like without them, you know? Like, just this other day, I totally found this cool DIY for making this comfy fluffy jumped, but, like, they totally said I had to buy a HUGE amount of wool and it was totally not worth it, you know? But then when I was at the shopping mall I totally-"

It was then that he heard the sharp comment from Rome made at the two countries. Pulled ut of his blabber, he turned with a scowl to say it was rude to not listen, when he saw what the source of Rome's irritation was. Then his scowl disappeared and a delighted grin returned.

"No, no, he totally doesn't mind!" Poland said with happiness. "Like, Ol' Prussia here is totally a masochist!" Poland said with a grin, finding a certain type of satisfaction as he walked ove to the lying country and stomped his foot hard over his back.

"Like, you're right!" Poland said, his delight growing at Lovino's comment. "Prussia's totally danger!" He added, stomping Prussia again for good measure. Aaaahh, that felt good. Finally being superior... There was no feeling like it.

"Hmm?" Poland looked up, realizing he was being spoken to again. At Rome's statement, he blinked.
"Public baths?" He asked, before widening his eyes in horror. "Like... In swimming costumes or something, right? Like, totally not... Naked, right?"
Poland secretly hoped Rome would say he could wear something in the public bath. Or at least suggest something else. For he would rather wash in an ice-cold river than with a bunch of naked men.

[Reaction explanation!
Poles, culturally, really tend to not enjoy spending time around others naked. For example, when you take showers after or before the swimming pool, Poles never take their swimming things off. Or, if they do, everyone around avoids making eye contact with the nude person or if they themselves are nude, turn their backs on other people in embarrassement. You'll also never see any Pole tan topless on a beach, or ever see any nude beach in Poland. Actually, I think most Poles see people who favor nudity as some sort of aliens or something... It's hard for us to wrap around our heads you could NOT be in clothes in any other place than the change room or the privacy of your own home.]
“If my life is going to mean anything, I have to live it myself.” - Rick Riordan, "The Lightning Thief"
-----
Main character: Poland
Other character: Australia